Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PUBG: Battlegrounds

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 23, 2017

A survival-shooter led by the modder behind the Battle Royale mods for the ArmA series. It is one of the progenitors of the "battle royale" sub-genre, pitting 100 players in a large empty location where they must scavenge for weapons and fight to the death.

This game is pretty amazing

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I just had a game where i finished second. Holy shit what an amazing ride it was. Filled with great moments. This one moment i was running in a field and got shot, dropped to the floor, scanned enviroment while crawling to a tree. Saw my enemy, shot a couple of times his way to get him of my back for a second. Then a third party starts shooting him, i wait and bide my time. The first dude gets shot in the face and pick off the other dude and just started booking it.

couple of minutes later i'm running my ass of to get in the zone, i find myself outside of the zone and getting shot at, my health is non existent. I drop to the floor and heal up with a medkit. No more signs of my attacker, i decide to keep booking it further it into the "safe" zone, about 10 people left. I get shot from high ground, i scope in and keep moving while shooting the dude, popping him in the head. Never felt like such a badass in a shooter really. Then it comes down to just two of us, but my impatience got the best of me and i got shot. Not even knowing where the f it came from.

My hands are still shaking. Holy shit. This game is something else.

No Caption Provided

Drekly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Seeing the guys play it in the 2 streams they've done has definitely got me interested. My only concerns are how much longevity there really is and if my computer can even handle it - I only have a gtx 750 ti.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By OMGFather

I've made it to top 10 three times now, but I don't think I'll ever get #1. Shaking and sweating gets out of control.

void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By void

I had about the same experience where I escaped just barely with almost zero health into a house just outside the final safe zone. I 'm sure the last guy knew I was in there and was watching the exits so I couldn't leave, and just before I could heal up properly the final circle killed me.

I think what I like most about this game is how anonymous it feels. In other multiplayer games I always get nervous when I know everyone is spectating just waiting for the next round to start.

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty much!
    Almost 40 hours played and the hand-shaking anxiety persists. Making a mad dash for loot from the start, to being forced to strategically move into the action due to the ever shrinking circle of death and everything in between has just been a blast. I haven't played any other "king of the hill" type games/modes but I'm glad I started with this one. Hearing it uses unreal engine rather than whatever other garbage game engines that have been modded in the past (plus a little buzz) is what really got me to pull the trigger on this game. Glad I did, got my $30 worth the first weekend alone and have gotten less enjoyment out of games twice the price.
    2nd is the best I've done in solo so far too but I've won a couple rounds playing duo's with a friend.
    Two cheers for first losers! ; )

No Caption Provided
    OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By OurSin_360

After seeing the crew play through it more it definitely looks cool, too bad it's only mouse and keyboard. My biggest gripe with pc gaming and why i keep a console around these days.

CouldbeRolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drekly: There are new maps and modes coming as far as longevity is concerned. As for your gfx card it seems people are getting 45-60 fps on low settings with it, so you can probably run it ok-ish.

konig_kei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On my second game I got to second place and fucked up because I thought the shotgun would be good up close. Nope. Shotguns beyond the very beginning are just bad.

rayne117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On my second game I got to second place and fucked up because I thought the shotgun would be good up close. Nope. Shotguns beyond the very beginning are just bad.

I heard a headshot with a shotgun kills even a level 3 helmet close up enough.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cdbdf5c5a6e1
    deactivated-5cdbdf5c5a6e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having a lot of fun because there's a different routine and outcome every time. I've:

1) Died on first encounter just after landing.

2) Landed next to two other people got shot at cause they got funs first, booked it, survived, regeneeated health, finished in top ten.

3) Found a car and was immediately sniped through windshield.

4) Found a car, and drove it and parked it at each new inner circle till they got too small.

5) Got lucky and landed in a gas station diner that ended up being within like the first four circles, sat around for fifteen minutes, then died the moment I left.

6) Had people walk right by in front of me into a door entrance and blew em away.

7) Landed next to guy who got gun first but still punched him to death.

8) Sat in houses as dudes drove up in cars, went upstairs to camp, then left in their cars when circle changed without ever knowing I was in there with them.

9) Found perfect spots and guns yet fucked up.

10) Found myself in chaos with crap weapons and managed to survive.

11) Found myself on the wrong side of the blue wall AND in a red zone as bombs fell all around me, with enemies shooting me, found someone's abandoned Jeep in the chaos and plowed out of the red and blue in a sea of explosions and survived with like 15% health to spare.

12) Finished in top 5 without being good, with a terrible NAT causing tons of rewind lag, and an entry level PC that can only do 720p on medium.

southside_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360: It does actually support controller but you're likely to be at a disadvantage against mouse and keyboard players, sure. In that respect you could say that controllers are a less viable option.

j-mack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game is an awesome game story generator. My third game ever I jumped out on the far side of the map and aimed toward a small cluster of house. Everything looked clear until I was about 5 seconds from landing when another parachute shot past me. "Shit!" so I race down and we land on opposites sides of the houses, each trying to grab the first thing we can find. I grab a crowbar and run at him only to catch a few bullets, but I managed to get inside the third house; nothing on the first floor, nothing on the second, but the house had a balcony. I run out, close the door and find a shotgun hidden in the corner. I turned around with my prize and the closed door is now open. "Shit!" I don't know what's going on but I creep slowly in front of the door and he's waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs, we open fire, but I get him first! As an added bonus the early access jank clipped his head partly through the wall leaving his body hanging so it looked like I really messed him up.

blaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By blaw

Games which I've played are horizon zero dawn and resident evil. I liked it.

I think this is the best release of 2017.

nyberrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got the 'Winner Winner Chicken Dinner' on Duo last night. Team mate died right at the start, so I was solo for the 99% of it.

I amazingly bumbled my way around Murder Island and somehow, after a bad start, managed to take the #1

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By InternetDotCom
    No Caption Provided

I swam back to the island.

I ummm did not win

void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@internetdotcom: Ha. Was everything on the island persistent from the pre-game or had it been reset?

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@void: no there was a ton of equipment over there. I had tons of health packs, pain killers, vest, helmets, guns and ammo. But obviously with the time I only made it about halfway back until I died

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be watching it, as long as it is on early access and i will jump in once it is complete.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#19  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I've also yet to get that chicken dinner. Quite a few top tens including being second a couple of times, but I have yet to seal the deal.

Just last night had an interesting early game death where I dropped onto a roof along with another guy, he started picking up and loading a gun while I just set about punching him, and then somehow as he was putting a fatal shot into me I also get a fatal punch in and we both died simultaneously.

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I swam back to the island.

I ummm did not win

hahaha this is genius. I've never had the circle converge in the north though. i didn't even know that was the island where you start.

Ronald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By Ronald

First dinner, only two kills were the last two. Dropped in early to a town, nobody else went there, drove a car into the next circle, found a house, and the circle kept closing in on it until it was on a hill next to it. Crawled up the hill, almost died to the blue. Had to run into the white and then lie and heal. I think it was the Red Bull ultimately that won the game.

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for giantlizardking
    GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Won't start for me :/ just sets at the screen with my character and won't give me any matches to select. Am I doing something wrong?

Samoopy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shotguns are amazing, even into the late game. Can't tell you how many games I've won with my trusty S12K. Hell, I've single-handedly wiped out entire squads in under ten seconds with it (as have other members of my crew). It's all in how you use em'.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Solo has been great. Sucks when I have a perfect spot, and then the cirlce moves to where the only houses must have been taken. Really bad at encounters where they see me first or at the same time. If I'm a ghost to them like Vinny peaking around corner I do better. Let the grasshopper come to you and what not.

Squad with random people has been pretty awful. Tons of no mics or non English speakers on NA servers even in poor hours in America yet peak hours in Europe.

Dude who chooses the drop zone always picks the worst most crowded common one and gets us killed.

When I pick a good spot my team often drops all over randomly.

And the worst was just today when the other three dudes on my team decided to land on the water, get a boat, drive back to the 1:00 countdown island, leaving me to die, but then dying by blue wall cause they wasted so much time.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andythemez: By far my favorite thing in this game is car-jacking when the people driving their cars next to buildings aren't looking. Hearing the desperate bullets whiz by your head as you drive away is great!

void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By void

So I was running around desperately looking for loot and out in the middle of nowhere I found a burning car upside down. Next to it was a crate with level 2-3 armor and backpack, assult rifles, scopes. Everything. That was pretty great. Of course I died on the first encounter with a shotgun blast to my back later on.

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@void: this is exactly one of the reasons I like the setup. No immediate leaderboard for the match. There are two states of being: alive and dead.

coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28  Edited By coolarman

I had a stressful situation where I just outside the circle and it was starting to constrict on me AND the red zone happened right on top of me. I was able to go through and not get hit but as soon as I got out, there was a shotgun blast to the back of my head.

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MerxWorx01

@vierastalo: I like pulling up in my own vehicle and seeing a car parked outside a building and Seeing movement inside. If the blue wall is moving, I don't take risks. I just put a few rounds in the car's wheels and drive away.

OtterChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By OtterChaos

Just played a game and went out to the starting island, got a good lvl 3 helmet and lvl 2 vest but could only find a SK12 shotgun before I had to leave. Made it back (was in a boat) and jumped into a car to just run around and see what I could see, died driving towards an air drop. Island not a great place to go imo. Next game I got stuck with nothing but a micro-Uzi (wife had computer issues so I parked in a small shed and went off to help, no loot to be had after that) but the zone pretty much centered on me and I actually lasted until the top 5 when I had to run out and hope to kill a guy near a tree but he had a much longer range weapon and saw me coming. I can't play too many games of this if I finish in the top 20 or so as the tension is so high, if I'm out quickly I can give it another go.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They really need to restrict squads based on IP or Steam region or key purchase territory or language of menus.

Everyone plays on the North American server regardless of where they are or what time of day. It could be Saturday afternoon in Germany but middle of the night in California and the NA server will still be mostly Europeans. Leads to a lot of lag, but more importantly, no one working as a team, no one using mics, or no one speaking English.

Every team I'm on there's two dudes who are clearly friends IRL, with no mics and without placing map markers eject together without the rest of us, to go do their own thing and most often die early.

Other than that, I think the thing that will be most improved in an optimized final product will be long range scope play. It's a real chickenshoot now, and while sniping being accurate and good could lead to huge balance issues lest they put a lot more 4x scopes around or really randomized where they'd be.

I also wonder how often the circle contracts around the underground tunnels area. I've seen lots of teams head there early, and wonder how often when there seems to be way too many people alive for such a small circle it's cause they're underground.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I don't know, the game feels so badly optimised. All the impressions online made it seem like the game was a lot more polished than it actually is. Obviously it's still in early access but I assumed the core game would feel better than this. I don't understand how people are enjoying playing the game so much in this state.

The movement and animations feel clunky and slow, interacting with objects sometimes doesn't trigger so you have to tap the button twice just to open a door or pick something up, graphically it looks kind of ugly and the entire thing doesn't run great. Sound design is also kind of nonexistent right now except for gunshots and vehicles.

I also find it kind of boring sitting in a house waiting for the circle to close and then running to the next area and getting sniped from somewhere I didn't even see. I've definitely had some kind of funny moments but it's feels so rare right now. The one thing this game is amazing at is making me fucking JUMP when I get shot at. I hope I'm not the only one getting constantly jump scared when I open a door and see someone staring at me.

void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By void

@andythemez: Restricting regions would be sad for the unofficial GB PUBG group on steam. I'm in EU and had a lot of fun with fellow duders from NA. I didn't notice any lag. (Unless the netcode is like Battlefield 3+ where it's worse for everyone else except me?)

We use discord for communication and try to play as tactical as we can. It worked pretty well.

freetacos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@49th: I don't know where you got the idea it was polished. Every impression I got was that part of the fun WAS the jank. That being said, it's fun as hell. Obviously it would be better if things ran a bit smoother, but the intensity makes this game great.

Vigil80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don't know how to play yet, clearly. I play very defensively, usually making it to the top 25 or fewer without firing a shot. Then I get killed by a person I never saw. Not the most exciting 20 minutes.

And then getting killed is such a letdown, I only have one match in me before deciding to play something else.

Qrowdyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Qrowdyy

Fair warning to everyone, the default voice chat is set to All. Made the mistake of picking a dark skinned avatar. First thing I hear when in my first game, "Black people aren't people." Ugh. Put me in a pretty unforgiving mood.

Other than that I realized it'd take a long time to get a good feel for combat in this game because there are long droughts of it. Got a steam refund with 45 mins of playtime. Will come back when they put in the firing range they've promised. A practice mode with a small map would be even better.

nicky_lizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played pretty much but still don't know how to escape red zones properly :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.