Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PUBG: Battlegrounds

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 23, 2017

A survival-shooter led by the modder behind the Battle Royale mods for the ArmA series. It is one of the progenitors of the "battle royale" sub-genre, pitting 100 players in a large empty location where they must scavenge for weapons and fight to the death.

This new patch really improves performance, got 30-50 more fps. (could be test server only)

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#1  Edited By Forcen

Tried out the new patch on the test server and went from 70-85 fps to about 110-140 fps when looting houses. Sure they added vaulting but having the game running way more smoothly is more important to me.

Anyone else tried it? It's a short 1 day test. How did it run for you?

Here is a short video of me jumping out of a window:

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

The test server has always ran significantly better for me than Live. I'm not getting my hopes up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cdbdf5c5a6e1
    deactivated-5cdbdf5c5a6e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Seeing your footage for some reason just dawned on me how much vaulting could ruin the home alone / rainbow six / breakfast and battlegrounds aspect of the game, with that many easy entry points into nearly every building. I just assumed vaulting wouldn’t count on things that had glass on them, despite breaking glass being an essential part of the game already while shooting out. They’ll probably end up having to put like a one or two second delay before returning to ADS after cannonball’in your way through glass like that.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ivdamke

@andythemez: Its more than just vaulting there's full arm extension climbing too, be prepared for nearly every rooftop to have a person on it.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@mike said:

The test server has always ran significantly better for me than Live. I'm not getting my hopes up.

Yeah, same here.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

@ajamafalous: @mike: Good point, I only tried the test servers once before and didn't experience this kind of jump in performance but it seems others did. Still, this patch is improving client and server performance so there is some hope left for improvements.

I edited the title of the thread to make this clearer, thanks for bringing this up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.