Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PUBG: Battlegrounds

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 23, 2017

A survival-shooter led by the modder behind the Battle Royale mods for the ArmA series. It is one of the progenitors of the "battle royale" sub-genre, pitting 100 players in a large empty location where they must scavenge for weapons and fight to the death.

Who is your favorite host/cameraman for MURRRRDER ISLAND?

YOUNGLINK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Who is your favorite host/cameraman for MURRRRDER ISLAND? (426 votes)

Vinny! 46%
    Jeff.... 15%
    Dan!?!?! 3%
    Alex. 15%
    Ben 1%
    Abby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 19%

Sorry I keep deleting and reposting, I suck at polls. Hopefully Jason hasnt hosted one I dont know about!

• 
    burncoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By burncoat

Ben is pretty good, but Vinny and Alex are amazing for walking past enemies right in their faces and the team suffering for it. It's a good for TV suffer, though. Vinny has an infectious energy when it comes to playing that game where good or bad, everything is fun.

Jeff is a serious boy when it comes to PUBG, which I like also. It appeals to the part of me that likes to see people try to play the game right and succeed for it. I'd really like to see him team up with Griffin McElroy because he's also a serious camper when he plays.

Luchalma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Luchalma

I'm watching to have a good time and laugh, and Vinny is just such a fun, charismatic host and is entertaining to watch. I love all the guys (and gal) and enjoy the show no matter what, but if I had to choose.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I need to see more of Vinny and his ghost powers. That glitch was so entertaining.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

Vinny is probably my favorite person to watch play other videogames, period.

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinny has the eye.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinny and Ben are definitely the best. Both of them embrace the stupidity of the whole thing well.

BoccKob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Abby strikes a good balance between staring at random things and murderfever.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e60e701b849a
    deactivated-5e60e701b849a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alex, by far. He's a strong balance between Jeff's seriousness and Vinny's goofiness. And he has the best intros, too.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
    deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I want to see more Jeff cam.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

While you can never have too much Vinny, I really like it when Alex hosts... on Murder Island.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alex did a real good job last time.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I like having someone on the team who embraces the silliness (Ben, Vinny and sometimes Dan) but I prefer the host to be more serious (and just better at pointing the camera at interesting/key focus points) so Alex has been my favourite so far. I'd love to see Brad take the reigns at some point too.

TanookiSuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alex is great with commentary and the intros/outros(if that is a word). My favorite 4some squad would be Vinny, Abby, Alex and Jeff, even though it's usually 2 west 2 east. Following that it would be Vinny, Abby, Jeff and Ben. Abby and Ben are still wildcards in all of this and have been incredibly entertaining, despite not having played it too much. Abby was a straight up badass in Monday's stream and, of course, Vinny is always a delight.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I wouldn't say anyone in particular is a standout for me. Only I appreciate that they are constantly cycling in new hosts.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alex has been doing a pro job. They all would ascribe to the some version of the same thing but, I like Alex's kind of grounded approach. Crazy (Vinny) or methodical (Jeff) can still be brought on board by the other players. I'm liking the diverse and the diversity.

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I love Alex, but he seems to have put the least effort into understanding the game at this point. It's nice to watch a cameraman that is well versed in the basics (even if they die every time) just for viewing standard.

EchoEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alex and Vinny sometimes make me weep when they pass right by important weapon attachments and don't pick them up, but I still love them. Honestly wouldn't say I have a "favorite", and would actually prefer hosting duties get passed around regularly for variety's sake.

Avatar image for rocketblast0063
    rocketblast0063

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alex, Vinny and Abby(I know, it was a special episode) has been the best so far, in my opinion.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinny acquired the sight, so his hosting has been my favorite. It isnt specifically hosting related, but nothing's topped that glitch he ran into from what I've seen so far.

ModernAlkemie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The duders have been doing a great job with the Murder Island streams, and I am particularly happy that we now get to enjoy Abby's enthusiasm for the murder times. I voted for her because frantically shooting Daddy Warbucks in the butt really encapsulates what I love about the PUBG experience.

GB is definitely my favorite group of folks to watch play PUBG. They bring a great sense of bonhomie to their murder parties that I really appreciate.

CorpseMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same here. He seems to have the best grasp on how things need to be approached as well as tending to fall into the leadership role. More Jeff action.

@boonsong said:

I want to see more Jeff cam.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dan obviously, when all the cool shit is going down i would much rather watch him loot 12 4xscopes then wonder why everyone else is dead already.

MasterSwanny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Vinny has a habit of turning his back and trying to run to cover while someone sees him and it drives me crazy. I'd say Dan and Abby are the best to watch

DanishingAct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't mind the rotation. But also, Vinny.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Abby and Vinny are the most entertaining to watch. I wouldn't mind spectating Brad for while, though.

darkjohnny47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Austin

ALavaPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ALavaPenguin

Jeff Dan Vinny. The others are kinda boring as "camera men" Nothing personal vs them, just as camera men I mean

I should mention I haven't seen the last couple yet so I can't comment on those which may change things.

MOAB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alex and Jeff easily. Dan looting as his team is yelling for help is just frustrating to watch.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30  Edited By Nodima

I voted Ben because I "watch" most GB content in a tab I'm not looking at while playing MLB The Show and reading news articles so the visual aspect of it played no role in this vote. I just find Ben's voice both the least appealing when filtered through a chat microphone and his issues with the mic that one time added some fun unpredictability to things but also had to be frustrating and I don't want Ben frustrated.

But yea, I rewind if it sounds like something really incredible happened but almost all GB content is podcast material for me with optional supplemental video. I even "watch" the video podcast and turn away from the tab almost immediately.

eladren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well, vinny was able to ascend and see beyond the vail... so him

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

That Ben "Sneaky Shot" moment was spectacular.

Probably Abby or Vinny for me, though. Theirs have been the most fun yet. Jeff is good in charge as well, he knows how to keep things moving.

krustopian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkjohnny477:

Gotta say, Vinny and Alex guesting with Austin and Patrick was fantastic. Crossbows & Boat Convoys FTW!

https://video.vice.com/en_us/video/waypoint-breakfast-playerunknowns-battlegrounds-giant-bomb-episode-35/596fe5b4f51e3a52136035f4

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.