Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 2

Platform »

Sony's PlayStation 2 is the second home video game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment Incorporated, and to date is the best-selling home console of all time, with an install base of 150 million units since its launch.

Killer 7 any similar games

PlipO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PlipO

For the first time yesterday - I played Killer 7, I like the art style and the game play even though I played it only for a short while.
    Can you recommend other games of similar style and game play, a good story line and plot is appreciate but not necessary.

peacebrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By peacebrother

There isn't really anything like Killer 7. Someone else may be able to think of something, but it's such a unique game, I doubt they will.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By nintendoeats

Games with gameplay like Killer 7 != Games other than Killer7 with good writing.

However, if you want more on-rails shooters, I am a big fan of the Time Crisis series, though the arcade versions are always better.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By MooseyMcMan

No More Heroes plays quite differently, but is made by Suda 51, the genius behind Killer 7. But if you're really looking for something that plays like Killer 7, then I'm afraid you're probably going to be searching for a long, long time. 

fernysalaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By fernysalaz

@plipo:

There is a game call 13 for the PS2 that is very similar, also check out Serious Sam, both 13, and Serious Sam are similar cartoonish first person shooters for the PS2, and even today they doNOT look so bad.

younggryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just play killer 7? Did you beat it?

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By bybeach

Just play killer 7? Did you beat it?

Best advice(and question) I can think of. I really hope Suda remasters this game someday, it will sell on nostalgia alone. I do not think he can lose, despite any other reason(s).

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a feeling that the OP's maybe not actively looking for a game similiar to Killer 7 to play anymore after seven years.

I really wish they'd implent some "new accounts have to wait for a week to be able to post" restriction or something of such to maybe prevent some of these necrobumps for threads that are several years old.

younggryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah the time stamp is always capped over by the reply tab for me on mobile so didn't see it was 7 years. Anyways they do have restrictions in place for new users and I honestly think they are fine.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Yeah the time stamp is always capped over by the reply tab for me on mobile so didn't see it was 7 years. Anyways they do have restrictions in place for new users and I honestly think they are fine.

Last I checked, the restriction was something like "new accounts can't post more than 5 or 10 times in a day" until some arbitrary threshold is passed, but new accounts are perfectly able to create new topics (thus spam bots trying to sell you fake passports) and new accounts are able to post in 5+ year-old threads (thus intrepid Google explorers who find some ancient thread, make an account to make a single post, then never check the site again). I really think GB should change the new account restrictions to not let new accounts make new threads until your account has been active for 24 hours or something, and also new accounts have to post in topics from the last 365 days until their account has been active for 24 hours or something.

Anyway, I completely disagree with the thread necromancer - XIII (I assume the game he is referring to) and Serious Sam (any of them) are nothing like Killer 7. That's a completely nonsensical comparison to make. Some other Japanese games like Jet Set Radio are close in visual aesthetic to Killer 7, but Killer 7 has a unique tone and style even by the standards of Japanese game auteurs who used to get inexplicably big budgets to work on games that really did not have mass appeal. Kojima is the last of a dying breed, at this point.

I mean, I guess if you compare the plots, XIII is a Bourne Identity-style super agent dealing with some shadowy government types secretly running stuff, and Killer 7 also has this bizarre, hard-to-follow plot about controlling global politics but Killer 7's ending is way more MGS2-style mindfuck than the straightforward American spy stuff in XIII.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.