Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Demons Souls - Game Breakr

Gary_Gannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Gary_Gannon

Level One
    Gary reviewed Demon Souls, the most impossible game in the world. Despite a high critical score from virtually every game blog, it left Gary in a fit of rage as he struggled to get past level one in the game.
    Join us for the Spike Video Game Awards
    Gary invites all of the Gamebreakr fans who have no life on a Saturday night to join him for live chat on Gamebreakr.com. And if you say Demon’s Soul should have won best game, you will be challenged to a fight.
    Forums on Gamebreakr
    Just a reminder, we have brand new forums at Game Breakr for all your video gaming discussion. Click the forums tab on the top of this (or any other) page.
    Gary_Gannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Gary_Gannon

Level One
    Gary reviewed Demon Souls, the most impossible game in the world. Despite a high critical score from virtually every game blog, it left Gary in a fit of rage as he struggled to get past level one in the game.
    Join us for the Spike Video Game Awards
    Gary invites all of the Gamebreakr fans who have no life on a Saturday night to join him for live chat on Gamebreakr.com. And if you say Demon’s Soul should have won best game, you will be challenged to a fight.
    Forums on Gamebreakr
    Just a reminder, we have brand new forums at Game Breakr for all your video gaming discussion. Click the forums tab on the top of this (or any other) page.
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By eroticfishcake

From what I hear Demons's Souls isn't that hard as people percieve it to be.

And you're so new I'm not sure what to think since you're plugging your site or whatever it is.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RsistncE

*pulls out magical fortune telling glass globe*

I see...I see...turbulence in your future.

Is it?..no wait...yes...yes it is...you will get in shit for promoting your website and blog without any actual original commentary.

Tough break kiddo.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By me3639

LOL.

radium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By radium

The video editing annoyed me more then the game ever could, and just as a side not you don't finish the first level till close to the end. You leave it after the Tower Knight.

Gary_Gannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Gary_Gannon

Hey peeps sorry for being new and all...just learning my way around the site thats all...Changing some settings I saw I have a blog on here, posted some content. I didnt realize that posting content is frowned upon when your new :/  Isnt that what people do with blogs...post content? 

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @Gary_Gannon: New original content we do like but advertising content from another site feels a little...invasive so to speak. Since you're new though I guess I should apologise for being a little too suspicious of you. With the sort of people the site attracts you can't be too careful really.

But that aside, welcome to GiantBomb! For starters, I suggest you look over the forums rules and FAQ just in case as well as this thread regarding YouTube vidoes. It's largely common sense but you never know. If you're not sure about anything then PM the mods. They'll be more then happy to help anyone here. Enjoy your stay mate, I certainly did.
    Gary_Gannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Gary_Gannon

@eroticfishcake aahhh thx for the links now I get why you guys are watching this so closely...It hadnt really occurred to me that people post random stuff from youtube to create discussions etc... 

A little background info :) I did a pretty popular  MMO Podcast Massively Online Gamer for about 2 years..took a year off and Im now getting back into it...So my commentary is mainly in the form of audio, video or both...Im not much of a written word blogger I just do some bullet points about the clip/show.  I dont think any of this goes against the forum/site rules so I hope you guys are cool with me sharing clips/shows as they start rolling out.  

-Gary

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By eroticfishcake

As long as they're civil and reasonable blogs, I'm pretty sure you'll have a good audience here. Otherwise it's "hiss" and "boo"! This should be interesting either way.

Gary_Gannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Gary_Gannon

Ha! yes it should be interesting...you never wanna jump on a new site/forum on the wrong foot :p 

Reading further down into the rules threads I totally see how you guys were having issues with spammers and trolls...Well thanks, I appreciate you giving me the heads up.    

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @Gary_Gannon: No problem at all. It's never nice to come somewhere and not feel welcomed at the slightest. Anyway I'll leave you alone now but not without this essential thread as of late.
    Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Randolph

The first level of Demon's Souls is simply structured very poorly.  All first time players find it rather... difficult.  Mostly because you can't spend soul points, and upon dying every second time without getting to your bloodstain, lose all of them.  If you could spend some and upgrade your weak starting stats some, it wouldn't be so bad.  Just keep in mind that you have to be very strategic, I know if you have a strong character like a barbarian that when you get that Bastard Sword at the early goings of level 1-1 that you might think "I have a big sword, lets go wade into that group of ten dudes with it, for it is big and powerful".  But you would be wrong, and dead(er).

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/

Bookmark that site, it's essential.  Aside from maybe the Valley of Defilement and those god forsakenly strong giant goblins and the constant poisoning, everything after 1-1 is much less... overwhelming.

Vamino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Vamino

When you say you couldn't beat the first level.. Do you mean 1-1? Like.. You haven't even returned back to the Nexus yet and all that? 

How do people have so much trouble with this game, seriously? Sure, it's no pushover, and if you aren't being careful pretty much all the time, you can die to any enemy... But goddamn. I've not finished my first playthrough yet, but I've beaten half a dozen bosses and only one gave me any serious trouble. 

Those reviewers you reference in your video, they are right. It is a very rewarding game, and there is a great sense of accomplishment. You just have to go slow and steady. You can't treat it like God of War or any other hack and slash type game you've played before. Early on, you want your shield up. ALL THE TIME.

Lolerskates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lolerskates

I enjoyed your video but the editing was annoying as fuck.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By Evilsbane

Good video man, perhaps went a Tad overboard with some of the rewind slow down stuff but some of them were really well used. 

Looking forware to more!
    Carlos1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Carlos1408

It's nice to see a different opinion on this game, but yeah from what most people it doesn't sound that hard as long as you take it slowly and carefully. 
    I'd love to play it but I don't have a PS3. :(

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Binman88

I kinda enjoyed that, but I'll echo what some people have said before - the slow-down and speed-up video editing bugs the bejesus out of me whenever I see videos use it on youtube.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By animateria

Generally, promoting another gaming forum on a different forum means the primary reason to post your stuff here is to get some of that traffic.

I think that's something generally frowned upon, for obvious reasons.

If a editor on IGN or Gamespot dropped here to promote their site like you did, a lot of people will react a bit negative.

Anyways, I think you shouldn't do the slow motion / repeat stuff on the vid. It's just amateurish and annoying. The content on the video is pretty much only a couple sentences long. I can't really grasp your opinion on the game besides saying, "It's hard. It's for gamers who hate themselves".  I've heard that a million times already, Straight up right on this site from their QL.

Digging the Conan O'Brian hair by the way.

webby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By webby

It has a steep learning curve but most of the levels I didn't even die once after I got used to it and got better equipment. 
    Apart from 5-2? The level with the poison lake, was the only one to give me some trouble. 
    But in Demon's Souls it helps a lot if your not dying much cause you have a ton of herbs to heal yourself and loads of them stones to come back to life. Sorry I can't remember all the names I haven't played in a while. 

Also New Game + is much harder. 

Edit: Just be patient if you keep dying you can memorize the levels too since the enemy locations are the same.

Junpei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By Junpei

First level make sure you are opening the gates for shortcuts. The first is in the base of the tower straight down the path from where you fight the Blue-Eyed knight the first time. Doing this lets you walk straight back up without going around the whole barracks.
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @eroticfishcake said:
    " From what I hear Demons's Souls isn't that hard as people percieve it to be.  And you're so new I'm not sure what to think since you're plugging your site or whatever it is. "
    Dude i didn't know you were a member of GB  awesome . Demon souls tempted me to get a ps3 ... but i have no money
    Gary_Gannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Gary_Gannon
    @animateria said:
    " Generally, promoting another gaming forum on a different forum means the primary reason to post your stuff here is to get some of that traffic.  I think that's something generally frowned upon, for obvious reasons.  If a editor on IGN or Gamespot dropped here to promote their site like you did, a lot of people will react a bit negative.  "
    I totally get what your saying and I agree 100%.  I guess I never looked at it like that since I am not IGN or Gamespot...I have no advertisers and make no many from doing this.  But yes I do see your points.  In hindsight I probably should have just hung out here and became part of the community first before posting my stuff...I apologize if I annoyed any of you and came off as a spammer just trying to hock his shit...that was not my intention at all. 

And thanks to all of you for all the comments..much appreciated...good and bad :)
    Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#23  Edited By Driadon

Hi there, welcome to the site. I do have a few comments, some positive others not so much: First of all, please refrain for many of the editing techniques used in your video. I know it's meant to add some humor, but it just ends up making the video seem pointlessly extended and is incredibly annoying to sit through. Second, Demon's Souls is a great game, once you learn to take your time with it. It's far from the easiest game out there, but once you see your health drop by a quarter from taking a single hit from the weakest enemy in the game, it makes you realize that you need to play smart and not treat this like a 3rd person Diablo game. And, lastly, keep at it. Once you figure it out, you'll see why Demon's Souls is so widely praised.

Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Six

if you want to be more a part of the site, you should submit video answeres to "Question of the Week" sometimes.  Clearly you have means to produce them.  Who knows... if staff likes what you do... they might not care that you are running a separate gaming site.

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By Jayzilla

Welcome to the new Trollsite...I mean GiantBomb. It didn't used to be like this, but alas, when a site starts becoming the coolest site on the web(which GiantBomb is in my  opinion) you get all the trolls. But, hey, welcome nonetheless.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By Gabriel

Like the others said get rid of the editing slow mo and speed up, however putting random pictures in their could be entertaining you should watch The Epic Battle Cry podcast to see how it's done well. Otherwise with some tweaking this could become very entertaining. 

CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By CowMuffins

Don't advertise your terrible videos.

kagekage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By kagekage

Yeah, dude it's the internet, your gonna get a lot of crap about promoting your video.
    On another note, I actually had a bet with my friend that I couldn't find 5 stores with a used copy of Demon's Souls.
    Went to the 1st five stores that sold video games and actually found multiple copies.
    I am now 5 bucks richer!

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @CowMuffins said:
    " Don't advertise your terrible videos. "
    Way to be a dick to a new member .
    Rio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By Rio

I keep hearing people say "this is a game for people that hate themselves" and I dont get that at all.  I got passed the first section of the game in around an hour or so, and enjoyed every damn second of it.   There wasnt a single part that I had too much trouble with and have now gone through it 5-6 times, the game is simply fantastic. With about 180 hours put into it there are few things I complain about, the only thing being how the game doesnt do good at explaining game mechanics.  Oh well.

Beside your feeling of the game, your video is annoying as hell ><
    Sorry couldnt really finish it, your editing is pretty terrible.

Edit: you seem like a nice guy, wasnt trying to come off like a jerk.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#31  Edited By CL60

This is why games are so easy these days you can breeze through them with no problems at all in 5-6 hours.

William

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By William

This guy looks like Rick Astley.

Jikla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Jikla

Demon's soul is damn hard. But I managed to not die until the spider boss *proud*. Good vid, I enjoyed it, but maybe you shouldn't add so many effects to them. You should make a new movie after you manage to complete 1-1 :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.