Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Do you prefer the PS3 versions of games, and what reasons?

• 85 results
    Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BestUsernameEver

Sometimes I prefer the Ps3 versions because of the controls or graphics, some may disagree, but I think PS3 has an edge over 360, and most likely Wii too. (<<joke) So which do you prefer when it comes down to 360 and PS3. Also, could only people who own both systems comment, I don't want fanboys in here.

Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx

I do prefer the ps3 versions, because ps3 is the only console i have :P

BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BestUsernameEver
    Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "I do prefer the ps3 versions, because ps3 is the only console i have :P"
    Have you at least played a 360?
    Meresin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Meresin

If I owned both consoles, I'd purchase the game on whichever system was the lead development platform.

BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BestUsernameEver
    Meresin said:
    "If I owned both consoles, I'd purchase the game on whichever system was the lead development platform."
    Make sense, can you post an example?
    calf_exercises

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By calf_exercises

well I dont own a 360 so.......

I guess (by reading reviews and having a bit of logic) that some games have slighty better graphics on ps3 (it is the other way arround sometimes) but sometimes online is more stable on the 360.
    I guess if its an online game you would get the version that your friends get.

BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BestUsernameEver
    calf_exercises said:
    "well I dont own a 360 so.......

I guess (by reading reviews and having a bit of logic) that some games have slighty better graphics on ps3 (it is the other way arround sometimes) but sometimes online is more stable on the 360.
    I guess if its an online game you would get the version that your friends get."
    Yes, That is the way I go when it comes to multiplatform decisions.
    Meresin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Meresin
    BestUsernameEver said:
    "Meresin said:
    "If I owned both consoles, I'd purchase the game on whichever system was the lead development platform."
    Make sense, can you post an example?"

FEAR, The Darkness, Dark Sector, and Orange Box are all fine examples of games that you'd be better off purchasing on the 360 over the PS3, since it was the lead platform, and they're early ports (read: they look like crap on PS3). Newer cross-platform games are often pretty close, but the edge still tends to go to whichever platform was lead in development. As for games that lead on PS3...Burnout: Paradise comes to mind. Not sure about many others, although there's quite a few coming down the pipe. The Force Unleashed and Mirror's Edge are both leading on PS3, for example...Interestingly enough, a lot of developers are now making PS3 the lead platform because it's easier to develop the game on it, then port it to the 360 than it is to go the other way around.
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BestUsernameEver
    Meresin said:
    "BestUsernameEver said:
    "Meresin said:

FEAR, The Darkness, Dark Sector, and Orange Box are all fine examples of games that you'd be better off purchasing on the 360 over the PS3, since it was the lead platform, and they're early ports (read: they look like crap on PS3). Newer cross-platform games are often pretty close, but the edge still tends to go to whichever platform was lead in development. As for games that lead on PS3...Burnout: Paradise comes to mind. Not sure about many others, although there's quite a few coming down the pipe. The Force Unleashed and Mirror's Edge are both leading on PS3, for example...Interestingly enough, a lot of developers are now making PS3 the lead platform because it's easier to develop the game on it, then port it to the 360 than it is to go the other way around."
    Very nice, forgot about those games. Thanks for the thought out post.
    Subway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Subway

360 for achievements, and the superior remote.

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

i got all multiplatform games on 360 and only exclusives on Ps3

Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Patchinko
    Meresin said:
    "BestUsernameEver said:
    "Meresin said:

FEAR, The Darkness, Dark Sector, and Orange Box are all fine examples of games that you'd be better off purchasing on the 360 over the PS3, since it was the lead platform, and they're early ports (read: they look like crap on PS3). Newer cross-platform games are often pretty close, but the edge still tends to go to whichever platform was lead in development. As for games that lead on PS3...Burnout: Paradise comes to mind. Not sure about many others, although there's quite a few coming down the pipe. The Force Unleashed and Mirror's Edge are both leading on PS3, for example...Interestingly enough, a lot of developers are now making PS3 the lead platform because it's easier to develop the game on it, then port it to the 360 than it is to go the other way around."
    Let's be fair: Orange Box is a crappy port on the 360 as well.
    Meresin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Meresin
    Patchinko said:
    "Meresin said:
    "BestUsernameEver said:
    "Meresin said:

Let's be fair: Orange Box is a crappy port on the 360 as well."

Not nearly as crappy as the PS3 version, if the complaints are anything to go by.
    LooM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LooM

buy my games for ps3 mostly, since my friends are there.. I like the controller better, and well.. to be honest, the system isn't as loud as the 360, kinda ruins the experience with a rocket fan.. :( Only few games I buy for my 360, those are exclusives.. and mostly arcade games, as most comes for pc anyway).. xbox 360 games I bought is, Gears of war, Rainbow six (it was on sale, never got to play it thoughg >_>) and well. that's it.. The ps3 however I got lots of game for.. Oblivion, guitar hero, uncharted, gt5, gta iv, etc etc

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I just prefer the feel of the PS3, it gives me an over all more comfortable experience, I had owned a 360 and  a Wii, sold both and am happy with the big black box of power.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16  Edited By kush

I own both systems and go with the 360 version pretty much everytime, but this is because I love the 360's controller way more than the DS3. If a game ran like ass on the 360, but great on the PS3...I would choose PS3, but since most games are basically the same, I choose the 360 everytime.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I prefer 360, because I prefer the controller, I pay for live so I want to get the most use out of it and achievements. The graphics don't come into it since there is usually such a small difference between graphics I can hardly notice.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Pibo47
    Meresin said:
    "BestUsernameEver said:
    "Meresin said:

Dude, its a hell of alot harder to dev on the PS3 compared to the 360, the reason devs are making it the lead platform is because the 360 version wont suck if they port it from the PS3.  But to the point, i own both consoles, and i always get multi-platform games on the 360, because, Hella better online service, better graphics, i like the controller more (main reason why i like xbox's lol), achievements.
    LilBew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By LilBew

ps3 free online and way better in every way

Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By Patchinko
    Meresin said:
    "Patchinko said:
    "Meresin said:
    "BestUsernameEver said:
    "Meresin said:

Not nearly as crappy as the PS3 version, if the complaints are anything to go by."
    Possibly, but the 360 wasn't the "lead platform" for development of Orange Box. PC was. And the end result is that it's a crappy port on both 360 and PS3.
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Pibo47
    LilBew said:
    "ps3 free online and way better in every way"

Dude, whatever your smoking, give me some. You must have never used live before or you are just crazy.
    Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx
    Pibo47 said:
    "LilBew said:

Dude, whatever your smoking, give me some. You must have never used live before or you are just crazy."
    I ve used live before and i agree with him psn is better in everyway
    LilBew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By LilBew
    Pibo47 said:
    "LilBew said:

Dude, whatever your smoking, give me some. You must have never used live before or you are just crazy."
    dude ur right out to lunch i have a shitbox and have used live before and the psn and live r the same just psn is free and i injoy the psn downloadable games way better so u go back to givin M$ ur money rookie
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By ProfessorEss

I've found the 360 and PS3 versions of the games I've tried so far to be pretty much identical.

So currently I roll with the 360 versions for the achievements.
    I'll probably be reconsidering this once Sony starts rolling out the trophies.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Pibo47
    LilBew said:
    "Pibo47 said:
    "LilBew said:

dude ur right out to lunch i have a shitbox and have used live before and the psn and live r the same just psn is free and i injoy the psn downloadable games way better so u go back to givin M$ ur money rookie"

Are you trying to speak English? And im gald your in love with an inferior online service.
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Pibo47
    Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "Pibo47 said:
    "LilBew said:

I ve used live before and i agree with him psn is better in everyway"

In what ways is PSN better than Live?
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By pause422

Got more friends on live, so if its a multiplatform game that has online play I want to play with buddies, I'll get it on 360, or if its lead developed on it..but lately plenty of games are lead on PS3, and if they are games my friends aren't interested in, or just single player games,. I'll get them on PS3, example of lead ps3 atm - Burnout Paradise, Force Unleashed, Mirror's Edge, Dead Space, Skate 2(almost every EA game in general, if not all are now moving to lead platform ps3, as said before, games can still look amazing leaded on PS3 and ported to 360, where as if its lead on 360 and proted to PS3, it snot quite as good, lead on ps3 is better for both making them.
    ultimately just comes down to what I started saying, if it sa multiplayer game, I'll get it on the console my friends have the game on, basically the best example and decision I ever see between them.

LilBew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By LilBew
    Pibo47 said:
    "Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "Pibo47 said:
    "LilBew said:

In what ways is PSN better than Live?"
    one word rookie  FREE   and other then that there the same
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By shadows_kill

ps3 cause i got a ps3 and a wii :P

Rorschach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Rorschach

HDMI, straight up. Until i upgrade to an elite/ newer pro, i'm becoming used to buying multi-console games on my PS3 for how nice they look through HDMI.

AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AaronBelfast
    Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "I do prefer the ps3 versions, because ps3 is the only console i have :P"
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Pibo47
    LilBew said:
    "Pibo47 said:
    "Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "Pibo47 said:
    "LilBew said:

one word rookie  FREE   and other then that there the same"

Free?? Thats it? They arent the same, in COD4 i ALWAYS got 2x more lag on the PSN, and all the fratures coming to the PSN (private chats and movies ect.) haves been on live for a while now, and this fall the live is getting group chats up to 8 people, a party system that isnt game speific (you and a bunch of friends at the dash board can make a party, and swich games and still be in the same party, so games no longer need party systems) up to four friends are going to beable to watch movies together. Dude, im really would like to know wha your talking about, when you say "same". Im not a fanboy, i own both consoles, but i know better when i see it.
    LilBew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By LilBew
    Pibo47 said:
    "LilBew said:
    "Pibo47 said:
    "Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "Pibo47 said:
    "LilBew said:

Free?? Thats it? They arent the same, in COD4 i ALWAYS got 2x more lag on the PSN, and all the fratures coming to the PSN (private chats and movies ect.) haves been on live for a while now, and this fall the live is getting group chats up to 8 people, a party system that isnt game speific (you and a bunch of friends at the dash board can make a party, and swich games and still be in the same party, so games no longer need party systems) up to four friends are going to beable to watch movies together. Dude, im really would like to know wha your talking about, when you say "same". Im not a fanboy, i own both consoles, but i know better when i see it."
    well i get no lag so ur just out to lunch and ur connection must suck if ur laggin on the shitbox then laggin more on the ps3  and wow a bunch of crap that dosnt even matter u xbot i hope u injoy ur vista-live crap and hope u injoy givin M$ ur money for crap
    samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By samcotts

I normally buy the multiplats for my PS3, just because nearly all of my friends own a PS3, so it makes lending games and playing online with them possible. And I prefer the feel of the PS3, the user interface is a lot easier and cleaner. I love my 360 equally, but for personal preferences, the PS3 edges when it comes to multiplats.

Meresin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Meresin
    Patchinko said:
    "Meresin said:
    "Patchinko said:
    "Meresin said:
    "BestUsernameEver said:
    "Meresin said:

Not nearly as crappy as the PS3 version, if the complaints are anything to go by."
    Possibly, but the 360 wasn't the "lead platform" for development of Orange Box. PC was. And the end result is that it's a crappy port on both 360 and PS3."

Negative. The end result is a port on the 360, and a crappy port on the PS3. :P Are you claiming that the 360 version has the same problems that the PS3 version suffers from?
    suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By suneku

Since I have both consoles, if I go for the PS3 version it's mainly because of the controls.

Meresin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Meresin
    Pibo47 said:
    Free?? Thats it?
    It's actually a pretty solid argument when you consider the cost of Live over the life cycle of a 360. Assuming you use the console for a good six years, that's $300 you could have spent on games instead. :P
    SpikeDelight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SpikeDelight

I prefer the 360 version of everything because they all have Achievements. Yes, I care about Achievements. If they're both exactly the same but one has that feature and a better online community why not get it on 360? That's my two cents anyway.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By shadows_kill
    SpikeDelight said:
    "I prefer the 360 version of everything because they all have Achievements. Yes, I care about Achievements. If they're both exactly the same but one has that feature and a better online community why not get it on 360? That's my two cents anyway."
    just wondering. if the same game had trophies and achievements which would you choose?
    SpikeDelight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SpikeDelight
    Meresin said:
    "Patchinko said:
    "Meresin said:
    "Patchinko said:
    "Meresin said:
    "BestUsernameEver said:
    "Meresin said:

Possibly, but the 360 wasn't the "lead platform" for development of Orange Box. PC was. And the end result is that it's a crappy port on both 360 and PS3."

Negative. The end result is a port on the 360, and a crappy port on the PS3. :P Are you claiming that the 360 version has the same problems that the PS3 version suffers from?"
    The problem with saying that it was developed for the PC is that the 360 is very similar to a PC in terms of development cycles and stuff. If something's made originally on PC, and ported, it pretty much gives the upper hand to 360 every time unless the development structure and stuff is uprooted to fit the PS3 but that's not very efficient.
    SpikeDelight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SpikeDelight
    shadows_kill said:
    "SpikeDelight said:
    "I prefer the 360 version of everything because they all have Achievements. Yes, I care about Achievements. If they're both exactly the same but one has that feature and a better online community why not get it on 360? That's my two cents anyway."
    just wondering. if the same game had trophies and achievements which would you choose?"
    I would choose Achievements probably because if it's online I have more friends with 360s and also my Gamerscore has been under construction for quite a while now, SSHD, Warhawk and Uncharted being the only PS3 trophy titles possible. I know I'm falling for their scheme to make you want to play on 360 more, but honestly I don't care. I enjoy adding Achievements to my collection just like anyone enjoys collecting anything.
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By shadows_kill
    SpikeDelight said:
    "shadows_kill said:
    "SpikeDelight said:
    just wondering. if the same game had trophies and achievements which would you choose?"
    I would choose Achievements probably because if it's online I have more friends with 360s and also my Gamerscore has been under construction for quite a while now, SSHD, Warhawk and Uncharted being the only PS3 trophy titles possible. I know I'm falling for their scheme to make you want to play on 360 more, but honestly I don't care. I enjoy adding Achievements to my collection just like anyone enjoys collecting anything."
    i see. which is your favorite online? like which has better serves? xbox live or psn?
    SpikeDelight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SpikeDelight
    shadows_kill said:
    "SpikeDelight said:
    "shadows_kill said:
    "SpikeDelight said:
    I would choose Achievements probably because if it's online I have more friends with 360s and also my Gamerscore has been under construction for quite a while now, SSHD, Warhawk and Uncharted being the only PS3 trophy titles possible. I know I'm falling for their scheme to make you want to play on 360 more, but honestly I don't care. I enjoy adding Achievements to my collection just like anyone enjoys collecting anything."
    i see. which is your favorite online? like which has better serves? xbox live or psn?"
    Well I don't play that many PS3 games online, but Warhawk and MGO both perform admirably. I don't know which has better servers than the other although I personally have experienced less lag on PS3. I do prefer Xbox Live's infrastructure though, since you can like do in-game voice chat with friends and check a bunch of stuff out about people. It just feels more complete to me. All bets are off when Home comes out though, because it promises to at least even the playing field, if not rise above XBL. Only time will tell, really.
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By shadows_kill
    SpikeDelight said:
    "shadows_kill said:
    "SpikeDelight said:
    "shadows_kill said:
    "SpikeDelight said:
    i see. which is your favorite online? like which has better serves? xbox live or psn?"
    Well I don't play that many PS3 games online, but Warhawk and MGO both perform admirably. I don't know which has better servers than the other although I personally have experienced less lag on PS3. I do prefer Xbox Live's infrastructure though, since you can like do in-game voice chat with friends and check a bunch of stuff out about people. It just feels more complete to me. All bets are off when Home comes out though, because it promises to at least even the playing field, if not rise above XBL. Only time will tell, really."
    thanks for your opinion. i haven't really been able to play xbox live just cause i don't have a 360 and have only played a little bit at a friends house.  i didn't like it that much cause 1. i couldn't really get into it mainly cause i didnt like halo 3 or gears that much and 2. cause i felt it was a waste paying for it. but i didn't really do any of the features on 360 so i cant really say it was bad...
    SpikeDelight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SpikeDelight

You just kind of feel like you're more connected to your friends at all times on 360 and a lot of things are implemented smoother at the moment simply because PS3 just kinda stepped up its online and still needs to work out some kinks. They do kind of need to start justifying that $50 for XBL though because PS3 is catching up fast. I guess they'll do that with the 'New Xbox Experience' although I think it's all too cutesy and I really don't want to replace my badass Cole Train gamerpic with a bug-eyed Avatar.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By pause422

yeah, since I have no use for starting up parties with 8 people in a game when I mostly just play with a few I can easily invite 3 seconds later anyway, and I really want them Xbox avatars...yeaaah. God I wish this update would die in a fire and get shot.

SpikeDelight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By SpikeDelight
    pause422 said:
    "yeah, since I have no use for starting up parties with 8 people in a game when I mostly just play with a few I can easily invite 3 seconds later anyway, and I really want them Xbox avatars...yeaaah. God I wish this update would die in a fire and get shot."
    Most of the features are pretty innovative, and the 8 player thing is mostly for gathering to see a video or play one of those 1 v 100 games and stuff, so I don't mind that but the Avatars... come on! And the layout of just the dashboard is going to be insanely inferior to the 'blade' one because there's just so much wasted space! Why mess with something that was good in the first place? Nobody wants their 360's interface to look like the one for Wii. If you want a Wii interface then go buy a damn Wii stop tainting out 360s with all this Wii ripoff stuff!!!!!!!!!!
    Meresin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Meresin

I kinda like the new dashboard, honestly. I will admit, however, that it is partly because I enjoy the joke "I've always loved the new 360 dashboard, even back when Sony called it the XMB." It always makes me chuckle for some reason.

I'm not entirely sure why they're taking the interface in a new direction when they could just as easily reorganize the blades for the same effect, but without pissing anyone off. It seems kinda asinine, especially in light of all the people that love the blades and have been using them for ages. Hopefully it nets them some of the more mainstream crowd, but I honestly don't think that'll happen just because they add cute models and change their GUI. People don't buy the Wii because they love Miis, they buy the Wii because they like the control scheme and the wide variety of games that use it. Guess they'll have that, as well, if the Newton rumors turn out to be true.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Pibo47
    LilBew said:
    "Pibo47 said:
    "LilBew said:
    "Pibo47 said:
    "Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "Pibo47 said:
    "LilBew said:

Free?? Thats it? They arent the same, in COD4 i ALWAYS got 2x more lag on the PSN, and all the fratures coming to the PSN (private chats and movies ect.) haves been on live for a while now, and this fall the live is getting group chats up to 8 people, a party system that isnt game speific (you and a bunch of friends at the dash board can make a party, and swich games and still be in the same party, so games no longer need party systems) up to four friends are going to beable to watch movies together. Dude, im really would like to know wha your talking about, when you say "same". Im not a fanboy, i own both consoles, but i know better when i see it."
    well i get no lag so ur just out to lunch and ur connection must suck if ur laggin on the shitbox then laggin more on the ps3  and wow a bunch of crap that dosnt even matter u xbot i hope u injoy ur vista-live crap and hope u injoy givin M$ ur money for crap"

Wow, your really a HUGE fanboy, reason being, if i was a fanboy i would be talking LIK THIS OMG PS3 IS SHITTY AND HAZ NO GAMES Xbox ISSBESTEST!!! But im not, im being quite rational, unlike yourself. This concers my connection speed, i have fiberoptics, my connection speed is 100mbps.Also, you don punctuate at all. And i swear to god you dont know how to condense a thought and type it out, how old are you. 7?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.