Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Do you prefer the PS3 versions of games, and what reasons?

• 85 results
    LilBew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By LilBew
    Pibo47 said:
    "LilBew said:
    "Pibo47 said:
    "LilBew said:
    "Pibo47 said:
    "Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "Pibo47 said:
    "LilBew said:
    "ps3 free online and way better in every way"

Dude, whatever your smoking, give me some. You must have never used live before or you are just crazy."
    I ve used live before and i agree with him psn is better in everyway"

In what ways is PSN better than Live?"
    one word rookie  FREE   and other then that there the same"

Free?? Thats it? They arent the same, in COD4 i ALWAYS got 2x more lag on the PSN, and all the fratures coming to the PSN (private chats and movies ect.) haves been on live for a while now, and this fall the live is getting group chats up to 8 people, a party system that isnt game speific (you and a bunch of friends at the dash board can make a party, and swich games and still be in the same party, so games no longer need party systems) up to four friends are going to beable to watch movies together. Dude, im really would like to know wha your talking about, when you say "same". Im not a fanboy, i own both consoles, but i know better when i see it."
    well i get no lag so ur just out to lunch and ur connection must suck if ur laggin on the shitbox then laggin more on the ps3  and wow a bunch of crap that dosnt even matter u xbot i hope u injoy ur vista-live crap and hope u injoy givin M$ ur money for crap"

Wow, your really a HUGE fanboy, reason being, if i was a fanboy i would be talking LIK THIS OMG PS3 IS SHITTY AND HAZ NO GAMES Xbox ISSBESTEST!!! But im not, im being quite rational, unlike yourself. This concers my connection speed, i have fiberoptics, my connection speed is 100mbps.Also, you don punctuate at all. And i swear to god you dont know how to condense a thought and type it out, how old are you. 7?"
    lol dude ur talkin aboot all this trash M$ is doin to the shitbox u sound like there press conference all there crappy party trash and what not well lets see sony has home comin better then that party trash they got the ablity to take screenshots comin and abunch more stuff oooo and it all FREE and i own a shitbox sadly its good at holdin my window open so i can get some fresh air in my room but thats aboot it u have fun payin for trash cause psn is FREEE
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By Pibo47
    LilBew said:
    "Pibo47 said:
    "LilBew said:
    "Pibo47 said:
    "LilBew said:
    "Pibo47 said:
    "Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "Pibo47 said:
    "LilBew said:

Dude, whatever your smoking, give me some. You must have never used live before or you are just crazy."

Free?? Thats it? They arent the same, in COD4 i ALWAYS got 2x more lag on the PSN, and all the fratures coming to the PSN (private chats and movies ect.) haves been on live for a while now, and this fall the live is getting group chats up to 8 people, a party system that isnt game speific (you and a bunch of friends at the dash board can make a party, and swich games and still be in the same party, so games no longer need party systems) up to four friends are going to beable to watch movies together. Dude, im really would like to know wha your talking about, when you say "same". Im not a fanboy, i own both consoles, but i know better when i see it."
    well i get no lag so ur just out to lunch and ur connection must suck if ur laggin on the shitbox then laggin more on the ps3  and wow a bunch of crap that dosnt even matter u xbot i hope u injoy ur vista-live crap and hope u injoy givin M$ ur money for crap"

Wow, your really a HUGE fanboy, reason being, if i was a fanboy i would be talking LIK THIS OMG PS3 IS SHITTY AND HAZ NO GAMES Xbox ISSBESTEST!!! But im not, im being quite rational, unlike yourself. This concers my connection speed, i have fiberoptics, my connection speed is 100mbps.Also, you don punctuate at all. And i swear to god you dont know how to condense a thought and type it out, how old are you. 7?"
    lol dude ur talkin aboot all this trash M$ is doin to the shitbox u sound like there press conference all there crappy party trash and what not well lets see sony has home comin better then that party trash they got the ablity to take screenshots comin and abunch more stuff oooo and it all FREE and i own a shitbox sadly its good at holdin my window open so i can get some fresh air in my room but thats aboot it u have fun payin for trash cause psn is FREEE"

OK, so now i know your at least 8 years old because your English is that of a retard. But to the point, if you could get laid by a 500lbs woman that was getting lipo suction in 6 months, would you? Or would you bang a bikina model thats getting a boob job in 3 months? The model is Live, the fat ass is PSN, PSN will soon be hot, but not really that hot, it still has a long way to go. Live is already great, and is just getting better.
    LilBew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By LilBew
    Pibo47 said:
    "LilBew said:
    "Pibo47 said:
    "LilBew said:
    "Pibo47 said:
    "LilBew said:
    "Pibo47 said:
    "Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "Pibo47 said:
    "LilBew said:

lol dude ur talkin aboot all this trash M$ is doin to the shitbox u sound like there press conference all there crappy party trash and what not well lets see sony has home comin better then that party trash they got the ablity to take screenshots comin and abunch more stuff oooo and it all FREE and i own a shitbox sadly its good at holdin my window open so i can get some fresh air in my room but thats aboot it u have fun payin for trash cause psn is FREEE"

OK, so now i know your at least 8 years old because your English is that of a retard. But to the point, if you could get laid by a 500lbs woman that was getting lipo suction in 6 months, would you? Or would you bang a bikina model thats getting a boob job in 3 months? The model is Live, the fat ass is PSN, PSN will soon be hot, but not really that hot, it still has a long way to go. Live is already great, and is just getting better."
    wow u xbot ur life is a flop and fat princess is look pretty hot i must say u dweeb
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Pibo47
    LilBew said:
    "Pibo47 said:
    "LilBew said:
    "Pibo47 said:
    "LilBew said:
    "Pibo47 said:
    "LilBew said:
    "Pibo47 said:
    "Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "Pibo47 said:
    "LilBew said:

OK, so now i know your at least 8 years old because your English is that of a retard. But to the point, if you could get laid by a 500lbs woman that was getting lipo suction in 6 months, would you? Or would you bang a bikina model thats getting a boob job in 3 months? The model is Live, the fat ass is PSN, PSN will soon be hot, but not really that hot, it still has a long way to go. Live is already great, and is just getting better."
    wow u xbot ur life is a flop and fat princess is look pretty hot i must say u dweeb"

Good job at avoiding my points, see here people, this is the problem with fanboys, you present them with fact, and they fall flat on their stupid faces. And fat princess looks pretty freakin sweet. But this isnt about fat princess, this is about your stupidity.
    LilBew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By LilBew
    Pibo47 said:
    "LilBew said:
    "Pibo47 said:
    "LilBew said:
    "Pibo47 said:
    "LilBew said:
    "Pibo47 said:
    "LilBew said:
    "Pibo47 said:
    "Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "Pibo47 said:
    "LilBew said:

wow u xbot ur life is a flop and fat princess is look pretty hot i must say u dweeb"

Good job at avoiding my points, see here people, this is the problem with fanboys, you present them with fact, and they fall flat on their stupid faces. And fat princess looks pretty freakin sweet. But this isnt about fat princess, this is about your stupidity."
    lol all the stuff i was talkin aboot is comin out this year no 6 months from now ooo ya and its FREEE u dont have to pay for crappy updates that rip off home and miis and look like windows vista witch is trash
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Pibo47
    LilBew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By LilBew
    Pibo47 said:
    "

Dude, all of your posts are so fucking incoherent. is great. And Home is a complete rip off of second life, so suck on that one dip shit. Don’t talk unless you have a valid point to make. Oh yeah, you dodged my points, AGAIN.

"
    lol whats ur point that u injoy payin for trash?????? PSN FREEEEE
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#58  Edited By ProfessorEss

XBot, M$, Shitbox, Mii ripoff, and Vista a dig.

Ahhh all the cliches. All the telltale signs - and all spewed out so recklessly.

You do know how your posting appears to most rational and sensible people right "Lil" Brew?

I'm not gonna say it, you can just think about it on your own.

LilBew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By LilBew
    ProfessorEss said:
    "XBot, M$, Shitbox, Mii ripoff, and Vista a dig.

Ahhh all the cliches. All the telltale signs - and all spewed out so recklessly.

You do know how your posting appears to most rational and sensible people right "Lil" Brew?

"

lol its all  good and to piss ppl off lol i love the hate no homo this shit is a game lol  and its bew not brew homey
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Pibo47
    LilBew said:
    "ProfessorEss said:

"

lol its all  good and to piss ppl off lol i love the hate no homo this shit is a game lol  and its bew not brew homey"
    Nope, he's not speaking English.
    Perception1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Perception1

Yeah because I play with more of my friends on PS3 than on the 360.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62  Edited By zitosilva

I only have a PS3, but since I'll probably buy a 360 by the end of the year I guess I'll start taking games for the 360 because:

- Achievements
    - I have friends who have the 360, so I'll actually know someone from my list.
    - They are a little cheaper than PS3 titles. At least where I buy games.

SpikeDelight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#63  Edited By SpikeDelight
    LilBew said:
    "ProfessorEss said:

"

lol its all  good and to piss ppl off lol i love the hate no homo this shit is a game lol  and its bew not brew homey"
    Wow don't try to play it off like you were joking this whole time that's weak dude.
    bigcheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By bigcheese

I love the Dualshock controller.

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#65  Edited By Relys

I really hate the Dual Shock for FPS's.

The analog sticks are too fucking close.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#66  Edited By DoctorTran
    Relys said:
    "I really hate the Dual Shock for FPS's.

The analog sticks are too fucking close."
    I'm with you on the Analog Sticks being too close.

I only got my PS3 this June.... Before that I had a good year and 3 months of Xbox 360 experience... so... For the most part I'll primarily purchase 360 when it comes to Multi-Plat. I'm really only using the PS3 for MGS4, LBP, SOCOM, Resistance, MAG, and Uncharted... and whatever other exclusives. I mean even with FFXIII I'm probably going to go 360 just because... I fancy the idea of playing FFXIII on the 360. Then again there's always Versus for my PS3 but I'm not really a huge FF fan to begin with. Either way. My point is that I'm far more used to the 360 then I am the PS3 and I'd rather just use the PS3 for First Party/Exclusive games.
    ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 10

#67  Edited By ZimpanX

It depends. Games such Soul Calibur IV though I got for the PS3 because of the better d-pad and Darth Vader.

albaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By albaker

It depends, like GTAIV on the PS3 was better, Assasins Creed was also better on the PS3 but Madden 08 and The Orange Box were crap on the PS3, so I tend to wait for the reviews to come out and read a comparison between both versions.

ManlyBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#69  Edited By ManlyBeast
    Nah, if the games are on both systems, I'm getting it onxbox 360, because live is better than psn, because TALK on live. -_- 

That's if it has online. Plus for achievements. I ain't crazy for them, but most ps3 games don't have Trophies yet. 
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Pibo47
    albaker said:
    "It depends, like GTAIV on the PS3 was better, Assasins Creed was also better on the PS3 but Madden 08 and The Orange Box were crap on the PS3, so I tend to wait for the reviews to come out and read a comparison between both versions."
    GTAIV was much better on 360 IMO, i rented the PS3 version and the graphics were not as sharpe, and same with AC.
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By shadows_kill
    Pibo47 said:
    "albaker said:
    "It depends, like GTAIV on the PS3 was better, Assasins Creed was also better on the PS3 but Madden 08 and The Orange Box were crap on the PS3, so I tend to wait for the reviews to come out and read a comparison between both versions."
    GTAIV was much better on 360 IMO, i rented the PS3 version and the graphics were not as sharpe, and same with AC."
    nope you got them backwards
    gta4 on ps3 was better same with AC.
    the orange box was just ok on ps3. the only problems on it where on team fortress 2
    DrPepper1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By DrPepper1990

For now I prefer the PS3 versions becasue that is the only Next gen. system i have. After I get a 360 it will depend on a number of things.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Pibo47
    shadows_kill said:
    "Pibo47 said:
    "albaker said:
    GTAIV was much better on 360 IMO, i rented the PS3 version and the graphics were not as sharpe, and same with AC."
    the orange box was just ok on ps3. the only problems on it where on team fortress 2"
    AC is a little fuzy on the PS3, every thing is good on the 360. And in GTA colors are a little better on the 360, but the PS3 has faster load times.
    Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Bear

Most of my choices for multi-platform games go to my 360 because I enjoy the controller's weighty feel and nice analog sticks accompanied with achievements. I find that when I look at a game for both consoles there has never been a game where the graphics are so noticeably better that my experience would be improved if I bought it for that console. Even when you compare HDMI on one console to component on the other.

Even though there may be very minor differences, none of them are big enough to boon or hamper my experience on either console. I believe that Rage will be the first game that has a large enough difference in visuals and convenience to justify my purchase of the PS3 version of Rage as opposed to the 360's visually ham stringed multi disk version of the game.  This is assuming that the difference is as big as people have made it to be.

Another deciding factor for me is exclusive downloadable content which is why, in Grand Theft Auto 4's case I chose the Xbox 360 version of the game.

So, unless there is a little something special in the PS3 version that I won't be able to experience on the 360, I prefer all multi-platforms on my 360.

FaintDeftone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By FaintDeftone

The achievements and superior online community are the only things keeping me buying everything on the 360. If it wasn't for those two reasons I would probably buy everything on the PS3 so I wouldn't have to worry about the system RROD on me again.

TEAMHOLT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By TEAMHOLT

My 360 has broken on me three times, so if a game is identical on both platforms I'll go with the PS3 version. Otherwise, it comes down to whatever version is technically better, or if it's more suited for either controller.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By shadows_kill
    Pibo47 said:
    "shadows_kill said:
    "Pibo47 said:
    "albaker said:
    the orange box was just ok on ps3. the only problems on it where on team fortress 2"
    AC is a little fuzy on the PS3, every thing is good on the 360. And in GTA colors are a little better on the 360, but the PS3 has faster load times."
    the people in ac look alot nicer. and runs better
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#78  Edited By LiquidPrince

Yes, because the controller is better.

Spiritof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 27

#79  Edited By Spiritof
    DuhQbnSiLo said:
    "i got all multiplatform games on 360 and only exclusives on Ps3"
    I actually do the exact opposite, but to be fair this was after my 360 RRODed on me two days before Halo 3 was released.

After the way MS danced around the issue for months, and knowing in my gut that my 360's days were numbered, when it actually happened I just couldn't take it. I bought a PS3 and swore to buy all my multi-platform titles for it instead. The PS3 has been spinning like a top ever since and I don't regret the decision one ounce.
    Balls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Balls

Ha, well... I guess that the PS3 version of GTA is almost identical imo to the 360 version. i don't think that games for both are that different. It's not like in the days of the SNES and the Genesis. It's like everyone says. You buy the systems for the exclusives. 

Tomzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Tomzombie

HDMI IS KICK ASS IF YOU HAVE a TV or projector to support well i like xbox360 games only because you can play music while your in game  but i like my ps3 because of HDMI support and you don't have to pay a subscription fee for playing online

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By TwoOneFive

lately ps3 games are looking better all around. even madden looked better to me. i was thoroughly surprised by that. 

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By TwoOneFive
    Pibo47 said:
    "LilBew said:
    "Pibo47 said:
    "Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "Pibo47 said:
    "LilBew said:

i never get lag on pwn. 
    Wuffi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Wuffi

ps3 because my xbox doesnt have optical for my surround sound

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Pibo47
    Wuffi said:
    "ps3 because my xbox doesnt have optical for my surround sound"
    DUDE! i hooked my ps3 at my dads house (he has surround sound) and it was AWESOME!
    SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 4

#86  Edited By SpinCookie

There are some games that I just don't want to play the main SKU for.  Force Unleashed is an example, I'd rather just play the PSP one and get the story.  Same for Lego Batman, those Lego games don't seem to warrant play on an HD system, I'll probably get the Wii version of that.

For Sports games though I'd definitely go PS3, unless the Wii version really impressed me, which I think Tiger Woods with Motion plus just might do.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.