Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Games that support PS3 profiles logins?

chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By chililili
    hush404 said:
    "I've only ever noticed this in LBP, but wanted to know if anyone else has played a game that allowed PS3 profile logins?

In that I mean, when a second (3rd or 4th) person joins a multiplayer game on the same system - they get to choose a profile from the list which correspond to the profiles on your PS3 system. Once chosen that profile (in LBP) can have it's on characters saved, trophies and so on.

The 360 does this for most games and I've always liked the feature... and until LBP - thought it was something the PS3 couldn't do. SO! If it can be done why am I still playing with "Generic default name X" for just about every other game?"
    This is a nice feature but not terribly necessary, but maybe that's just me because I don't play a whole lot of co-op, and its my personal ps3 (so I don't have to worry about others wanting trophies) I guess I would have to say because the ps3 has no standard. Similar tot he custom soundtracks you cna put that in games but you are not obligated to do so.
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Snail

Because the PS3 is in the hands of Sony.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By zitosilva

I think this is what was mentioned in the playstation blog update about Resistance 2 patch. I think they were unable to do this, and because of it you can't save the progress of the second player. My guess is that they'll make it like this, so it'll be another game that uses the feature. That's my guess anyway.

But aside from this, I don't know any other game that uses it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.