Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Help a brother out!

VirtuaXav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By VirtuaXav

Heya people, I come from Australia and I'm buying a PS3 REAL soon. Just wondering if any Australian users think this is a decent deal...

Deal 1 ($688 AUS): 80gb PS3 + DS3 + HDMI Cable w/ a choice of 1 of the following: Little Big Planet, Resistance 2, Motor Storm: Pacific Rift.

Also, if anyone could suggest some sweet games I should consider buying first that'd be sweet.

Thanks.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ArchScabby

you should get uncharted.  It's an amazing game with amazing graphics.  You will enjoy it i promise.

SoulEdgeSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By SoulEdgeSlayer

Well, although I am not sure what a good deal is in Australian dollars, I do know that $688 is almost $1000 in US Dollars.  How much do PS3's sell for over in Aus?

Also, I second Uncharted, as well as Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction and (of course) Metal Gear Solid 4.  If you like rhythm games, I would have to say that Rock Band 2 is the way to go.

Oh, also, if you like Strategy/RPG games, get Valkyria Chronicles.  Its is awesome if you are into that style of game.

VirtuaXav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By VirtuaXav

Yea, I liked the older Metal Gear games so I'll get no. 4 eventually, and Rock Band 1 isn't even out in Australia yet I don't think. But I'll get it as soon as it does.

And about the dollar situation, I think you got it the wrong way around. The US dollar is STRONGER than the Australian dollar, which means when I convert Aussie dollars to US that I'd end up with less cash. $688 AUS is equal to $460 US. Is that a decent deal?

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By DoctorTran

Seems like a good deal to me.

VirtuaXav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By VirtuaXav

Sweet as, I'll get on it then. Now just gotta sort out which games i'll choose :D

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Red
    xavmeese said:
    "Yea, I liked the older Metal Gear games so I'll get no. 4 eventually, and Rock Band 1 isn't even out in Australia yet I don't think. But I'll get it as soon as it does.

And about the dollar situation, I think you got it the wrong way around. The US dollar is STRONGER than the Australian dollar, which means when I convert Aussie dollars to US that I'd end up with less cash. $688 AUS is equal to $460 US. Is that a decent deal?"
    Since things are usually more expensive over there, that's a pretty good deal.
    It's a new 80gigger right? Not an old one?
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By shadows_kill

sounds pretty good but im in the US so im not sure what the price would be here tho..

CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By CreamyGoodness
    dcpc10 said:
     it might be a bit hard to get into at the beginning, but as you progress in it, it gets better and better =D"
    thats what she said
    calf_exercises

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By calf_exercises

ok, I am australian and DAMN! they are getting good deals know. Dude you should deffinatly go for that deal.
    Hey if you end up with buying send me your psn
    hey, its better then when I got my 60gig with 2 controllers, resistance and a crord for $1200, ow well, you get that for being impacient.

So yeah, if you want a PS3, go for it. Its a good deal

sionweeks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By sionweeks

To be honest with you, this deal is actually okay! Considering the AU dollar is crazy expensive.  I recommend getting LBP with this offer, and buying Uncharted and CoD4/CoD: WaW. Bionic Commando and SSFIITHDR (Super Street Fighter Turo II HD Remix) from the Playstation Store.

CreamyGoodness
    said:

"dcpc10 said:
     it might be a bit hard to get into at the beginning, but as you progress in it, it gets better and better =D"
    thats what she said"
    Cheers, that made my day. You can never have too many "that's what she said" jokes!
    VirtuaXav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By VirtuaXav
    Red said:
    "xavmeese said:
    "Yea, I liked the older Metal Gear games so I'll get no. 4 eventually, and Rock Band 1 isn't even out in Australia yet I don't think. But I'll get it as soon as it does.

And about the dollar situation, I think you got it the wrong way around. The US dollar is STRONGER than the Australian dollar, which means when I convert Aussie dollars to US that I'd end up with less cash. $688 AUS is equal to $460 US. Is that a decent deal?"
    Since things are usually more expensive over there, that's a pretty good deal.
    It's a new 80gigger right? Not an old one?"
    Yea it's an 80gb PS3, sounds alright to me too.dcpc10 said:
    "Yeah get Uncharted, it might be a bit hard to get into at the beginning, but as you progress in it, it gets better and better =D"
    I'm a bit skeptical about Uncharted... I've heard it's ALL graphics and no decent gameplay. I think I'll go with Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty 4 or WaW...

I dunno about LBP either, just doesn't seem like my kinda game. So I'll probs go with Resistance 2 if that gets good reviews...
    VirtuaXav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By VirtuaXav

Sweet, thanks for all the help dcpc10. No doubt you can count on me asking a few questions later on =P

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LiquidPrince

That's a great deal.

Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15  Edited By Bennyishere
    CreamyGoodness said:
    "dcpc10 said:
    thats what she said"
    Don't rate this post down! How else will we document the ingenuity?!
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By get2sammyb

Sounds like a brilliant deal. And you're getting some killer games in that package.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.