Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Import friendly PS3 titles?

sterbacblu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By sterbacblu

Has anybody played or heard of any good Japan-only releases on PS3?  I was excited when it was announced that the PS3 would be region free but haven't taken advantage of this yet.  I've found some information on a number of titles, but I can't find anything on wether or not those titles include English or don't require any knowledge of Japanese to be able to play through them.  Since we're in a game drought here I figured maybe I'd try to import something different considering everything I have imported has been portable.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By oldschool

From my experience with DS and Wii titles in Japanese, I suggest you can only really go with sport and puzzle games, though not all.  They are the least text heavy games.  Sport games would include fighting games.  I have an RPG for the DS (A.S.H. Archaic Sealed Heat) and although I have successfully played it and saved, you miss out on what is actually happening.  An anime game that wouldnever see a western release could be fun.  I have a Negima games for the Wii, which is actually a fighting game (spells) and I enjoy it.  

Can't be specific to the PS3 as I don't have one, but I will shortly and will give good consideration to Japanese games at that time.  Good luck.

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By thelastguy

Games that are simple would be the best.  Like Sports or puzzles.

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

i wanna learn japanese

sterbacblu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By sterbacblu

I've done RPGs with guides but you're right, you're still missing out.  Thanks for the feedback so far, though.  Anybody hear anything on Boku no Natsuyasumi 3 (aka the bug catching game) ?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.