Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Madden or Top Spin?

scass319

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By scass319

Hey guys, after work today im going to Target to pick up either Top Spin 3 or Madden 09 with the 70 bucks I have left on my Target gift card. If any of you have played both games, please tell me which one you had an overall better time with. Please remember to think about which is more fun to play in the long run. For example, Madden may be a lot of fun right now, but do you think once football season is over all the hype will be gone and ill have a better time playing Top Spin year round? Thanks guys!

PenguinNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By PenguinNerd

Well I've only ever played Top Spin 2 but that did last me a good while...on the other hand Madden 09 lasted me about 10 games until I decided to just stop playing it.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By suneku

I haven't played Madden 09 yet, but I've played most previous versions. I'm also a huge Tennis fan and played Top Spin 3, and TBH... Top Spin 3 was kind of a let down. I never played Top Spin 2 but I loved the first one. You need to get precise positioning and the character movement feels sort of blocky so it's hard to position yourself sometimes. After you get past the huge learning curve it gets a bit better, but the career mode was a disappointment. I only had fun with Top Spin 3 when I played with another friend, whereas Madden I've always been able to just have fun by myself. I'm not sure how much they've beefed up the career modes and stuff. But in the end, they're both sports games and you'll eventually lose interest in them. So it really comes down to, whether you're a bigger NFL fan or a bigger Tennis fan.

DrPepper1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By DrPepper1990

Madden, my 20th anniversary collectors edition is on it's way, should get here in a week. Cant wait!

Subway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Subway

Madden is fantastic this year, if you want a Madden game that finally plays close to a sim, get 09. Top Spin is cool too, it's really repetitive though.

DrPepper1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By DrPepper1990
    Subway said:
    "Madden is fantastic this year, if you want a Madden game that finally plays close to a sim, get 09. Top Spin is cool too, it's really repetitive though."
    Yea, I mean how many times can you hit the same ball back and forth until the game gets completely boring?
    scass319

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By scass319

True, I wound up getting Madden 09. Thanks guys!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.