Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Me and My PS3

kittencake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By kittencake

So... I spent much of last night finishing off Heavy Rain, and very much enjoyed it. I've had my PS3 for a few months now, but it's taken a while for us to get properly acquainted. I think it's time we spent some serious 'quality time' together.

Anyone got some game recommendations for me? I've got Enslaved and Bayonetta waiting, but I'm sure there are many more essential additions to my library...

Bear in mind I'm pretty useless at anything FPS, 'though if it has an easy mode I can generally manage... and war games make me fall asleep and/or cry. Medal of Honor came packaged with the PS3, and I don't think I'll ever even bother opening the shrinkwrap.

Storylines, characters, setting, atmosphere and quirkiness are far more important to me than gameplay.

kittencake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By kittencake

So... I spent much of last night finishing off Heavy Rain, and very much enjoyed it. I've had my PS3 for a few months now, but it's taken a while for us to get properly acquainted. I think it's time we spent some serious 'quality time' together.

Anyone got some game recommendations for me? I've got Enslaved and Bayonetta waiting, but I'm sure there are many more essential additions to my library...

Bear in mind I'm pretty useless at anything FPS, 'though if it has an easy mode I can generally manage... and war games make me fall asleep and/or cry. Medal of Honor came packaged with the PS3, and I don't think I'll ever even bother opening the shrinkwrap. 

Storylines, characters, setting, atmosphere and quirkiness are far more important to me than gameplay.

eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By eric_buck

God of War 3 is pretty epic, if you don't mind quite a short game. Uncharted 1 and 2 are both great.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By ProfessorEss

The obvious: Uncharted 1 and 2.
    Also if you're into "atmosphere" you really gotta give Demon's Souls a try.

I also highly recommend PSN's PixelJunk Shooter (the first one, I haven't played the second) and there's a demo for you to try for free :)

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Marcsman

Uncharted 1 and 2 
    God of War III 
    inFamous 
    Metal Gear Solid 4 
    Little Big Planet 1 and 2 
    Killzone 3 
    All must haves for the PS3
    Punk1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Punk1984

InFamous and Uncharted also if you like RPGs give Oblivion or Dragon Age 1 a try

deathstroke75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By deathstroke75

You might try Valkyria Chronicles, it's an interesting Action RTS.  Super Stardust HD and as someone else recommended, Pixel Junk Shooter is fun (so is Monsters) and you can demo those.  I'd go with Little Big Planet 2 if you haven't tried out that series.    If you haven't played Mass Effect 2, that's a bargain on the PS3 since you get all the DLC for free.  Batman Arkham Asylum is really good.  The Ratchet and Clank series is always a great distraction as well.  Also, just browse thru the PSN store for demos and see what you can download on demo to give it all a try.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Grillbar

dead space 1 and 2,  
    mass effect 2,  
    sports champions (if you got a move bundle)  
    need for speed hot pursuit 
    assasins creed 2 and brotherhood 
    burnout paradise 
    split/second 
    red dead redemption 
    god of war 3 
    skate 2 or 3 
    flower (psn) 
    infamous 
    uncharted 1 and 2 
    batman arkham asylum  
    rock band 3 
    dj hero 2 
    metal gear 4
    trine (psn) 
    thats some of em'

kittencake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kittencake

woohoo, thankyou lovely people! 

mass effect 2 i have played and loved on the pc, but i'm tempted to buy it for the ps3 anyway to have a second playthrough and make my boyfriend play it. same with oblivion and dragon age, played and loved on the pc :) i already have a pc and 360, so i'm particularly interested in ps3-only games, or games which are significantly better on that platform!

so far i'm definitely most tempted by uncharted 1 and 2, had a look at some trailers and it looks great.

games with names like 'killzone' and 'god of war' are so offputting for me, they clearly market these games at fourteen year old boys and don't stop to think about the wider audience. didn't try mass effect 'till it had been around for ages, for example, because all i saw when i looked at it was an ACTION NAME and a BIG MAN WITH A GUN on the cover. i had no idea how much personality the game actually had.

anyway, i'm gonna go through your suggestions and check out some videos and reviews, THANKYOU AGAIN! :)

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Sayishere

For atmosphere you should check out Demons souls, its one hell of a game, with abit of difficulty, if you can see past that 

Uncharted 1 and 2 are very enjoyable games, a mix of third person shooting, platforming and very slick voice acting

Avatar image for theworldbreaker
    Theworldbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Theworldbreaker

@kittencake:

Hey dont forget to Try out Crysis 2 and the Resistance seirse (3rd game coming out september 6th).

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Enigma777
    @Eric_Buck said:
    " God of War 3 is pretty epic, if you don't mind quite a short game. Uncharted 1 and 2 are both great. "
    Took me 11 hours to beat it. I'd hardly call that short.
    Wes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By Wes

If you haven't opened bayonetta I'd say take it back. Sega did a poor job porting it. Check out Vanquish instead, it's also by Platinum Games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.