Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

My PS3 is not functioning Properly!

xp0svolc0mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By xp0svolc0mx

So about three weeks ago I updated my PS3 with the lastest update revision, and just around that time my PS3 started to act a bit weird. At first it would load up my games, then after playing on 5-min period game in NHL09, the audio commentary and music would stop and then if I try to exit the game after I was done it would freeze up. Then I would turn off the system, try it again, but then it wouldn't even read the CD! So I shut it off completely and let it sit for a couple of days, and same stuff would happen. It also won't even play blurays and I'm kind of pissed off about it. My friend told me that he was reading in some forums that people have been having problems like that ever since the newest update, but I can't seem to find any complaints. Anyone have any similiar problems or might know what is wrong? If I'm not specific enough please let me know and I will try to clarify!

xp0svolc0mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By xp0svolc0mx

So about three weeks ago I updated my PS3 with the lastest update revision, and just around that time my PS3 started to act a bit weird. At first it would load up my games, then after playing on 5-min period game in NHL09, the audio commentary and music would stop and then if I try to exit the game after I was done it would freeze up. Then I would turn off the system, try it again, but then it wouldn't even read the CD! So I shut it off completely and let it sit for a couple of days, and same stuff would happen. It also won't even play blurays and I'm kind of pissed off about it. My friend told me that he was reading in some forums that people have been having problems like that ever since the newest update, but I can't seem to find any complaints. Anyone have any similiar problems or might know what is wrong? If I'm not specific enough please let me know and I will try to clarify!

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By tekmojo

Leave a ticket for Sony support online or call them up directly. Never heard of this issue.

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Hexpane

Not reading discs is the most common PS3 problem, 95% of the time it is hardware related, my buddy got his fixed at a chop shop in San Jose, $120 fixed in 2 days.  Guy orders replacement parts from Hong Kong cheap and makes a nice lil profit out of his lil shop.

xp0svolc0mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By xp0svolc0mx

I was in San Jose a couple of days ago, damn... I could've asked for more about that shop... oh well, thanks.

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Hexpane

sony will charge you around what $149?  + wait for shipping... around 2-3 weeks total, I think they all get shipped to someplace in Texas

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By c1337us

Man that sucks, but I havent heard of it so your best bet is just to call the support service like the other guys have already said. Sorry to hear it dude, cause that weould suck big time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.