Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

New PS3 Game Box Design!

• 113 results
    Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By Otacon
    @choffy21 said:
    " Damn. If they just had the cover art and no PS3 logo or anything on the front (like the video @LiquidPrince: posted), I'd be in heaven. Seriously, you can see the words PS3 on the clear plastic, so you really wouldn't need it on the box. "
    Whilst I see where you're coming from, the PS3 still needs to stand out a bit, then again they can colour the blu-ray logo on movies silver so they could just do the same here.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#102  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @DondonIcon said:
    " As long as the game that's on display is good, I'll buy regardless. "
    Obviously sir. Nothing can stop me from buying Uncharted... least of all, a box. It's just annoying.
    choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By choffy21
    @Otacon said:
    " @choffy21 said:
    " Damn. If they just had the cover art and no PS3 logo or anything on the front (like the video @LiquidPrince: posted), I'd be in heaven. Seriously, you can see the words PS3 on the clear plastic, so you really wouldn't need it on the box. "
    Whilst I see where you're coming from, the PS3 still needs to stand out a bit, then again they can colour the blu-ray logo on movies silver so they could just do the same here. "
    Does a smaller case not stand out? Xbox 360 has the green cases. Wii has white cases. PS3 has smaller, clear cases. No one gets system cases confused .
    Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Otacon
    @choffy21 said:
    " @Otacon said:
    " @choffy21 said:
    Whilst I see where you're coming from, the PS3 still needs to stand out a bit, then again they can colour the blu-ray logo on movies silver so they could just do the same here. "
    Does a smaller case not stand out? Xbox 360 has the green cases. Wii has white cases. PS3 has smaller, clear cases. No one gets system cases confused . "
    Yeah sure, only problem I can see is Sony wanting to hit their branding home. but a colored, embossed logo on the top of the box would suit perfectly for that whilst still having your idea.
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#105  Edited By shadows_kill

i think it looks nice. i prefer the ps3 thing to be on the top not the side.

also what comes in that uncharted 2 CE? i havent seen it until that vid..

fallen_elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#106  Edited By fallen_elite
    @Cube said:
    " Looks like a bad photoshop or something's missing - I don't really like it. "
    Yeah it looks like a quick default gradient in Photoshop. Looks terrible.
    choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By choffy21
    @Otacon said:
    " @choffy21 said:
    " @Otacon said:
    " @choffy21 said:
    Does a smaller case not stand out? Xbox 360 has the green cases. Wii has white cases. PS3 has smaller, clear cases. No one gets system cases confused . "
    Yeah sure, only problem I can see is Sony wanting to hit their branding home. but a colored, embossed logo on the top of the box would suit perfectly for that whilst still having your idea. "
    Then get a Sharpie, and color the PS3 font black and the Blu-ray logo blue.

Actually isn't a bad idea... Hmm...
    Shindiggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#108  Edited By Shindiggah

I dont like it, it looks cheaply made, especially the bar on the top, how its only a gradient, even PSP and DS game boxes have more work put into them than that.
    Shindiggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Shindiggah
    @dcpc10 said:
    " @Shindiggah said:
    " I dont like it, it looks cheaply made, especially the bar on the top, how its only a gradient, even PSP and DS game boxes have more work put into them than that. "
    yeah it looks terrible, i still prefer it over the 360 boxart though, same with the wii boxart. "

I agree I prefer it over wii, and 360 meeh IDK, I thought the old boxart was tied with 360 as far as quality goes, but this is a step down so Id have to say that 360's boxart beats it, at least the border in the 360 one uses more then just a simble black to white gradient lol :P TBH though none of the boxarts this gen are as high of quality as some seen in previous gens.
    Shindiggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Shindiggah
    @dcpc10 said:
    " @Shindiggah said:
    " @dcpc10 said:
    " @Shindiggah said:
    " I dont like it, it looks cheaply made, especially the bar on the top, how its only a gradient, even PSP and DS game boxes have more work put into them than that. "
    yeah it looks terrible, i still prefer it over the 360 boxart though, same with the wii boxart. "
    I agree I prefer it over wii, and 360 meeh IDK, I thought the old boxart was tied with 360 as far as quality goes, but this is a step down so Id have to say that 360's boxart beats it, at least the border in the 360 one uses more then just a simble black to white gradient lol :P TBH though none of the boxarts this gen are as high of quality as some seen in previous gens. "
    I think the 360 boxart should get a darker tone of green. It's too light and makes it comparable to the wii boxart. "

I guess, but the wiis boxart doesnt even have that green, its just white and grey :P
    Shindiggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Shindiggah
    @dcpc10 said:
    " @Shindiggah said:
    " @dcpc10 said:
    " @Shindiggah said:
    " @dcpc10 said:
    " @Shindiggah said:
    I agree I prefer it over wii, and 360 meeh IDK, I thought the old boxart was tied with 360 as far as quality goes, but this is a step down so Id have to say that 360's boxart beats it, at least the border in the 360 one uses more then just a simble black to white gradient lol :P TBH though none of the boxarts this gen are as high of quality as some seen in previous gens. "
    I think the 360 boxart should get a darker tone of green. It's too light and makes it comparable to the wii boxart. "
    I guess, but the wiis boxart doesnt even have that green, its just white and grey :P "
    I know but they both have a ''brighter'' colour scheme to them. "

I understand what your getting at, and i Think that it works well with the 260, the green compliments the white well, just like on the older PS3 boxart the silver complimented the black well. THus why I felt they were both the same as far as quality went.
    Shindiggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Shindiggah

yea mines geting full too lol :P

and that was a typo, the edit box wasnt loading so I couldnt fix it :P

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#113  Edited By clubsandwich
    @gingertastic_10 said:
    " Liked it the old way. "
    same here.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.