Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

New to PS3

OmenIWF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By OmenIWF

I'm getting a PS3 for Christmas, and have been looking at a few comments about it crashing and so was wondering would the best thing to do when I connect it all up be to get it onto the internet and install all the updates first, or to install them one at a time and try it after each update.

I'm getting the 80gb UK version, so dont know if there is as many outstanding issues with them as some of the very earlier versions of the console.

AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By AaronBelfast

2 of my friends had problems with their 60GB. The new SKUs seem to be a bit more reliable and besides, you can always send it back to Sony if there's a problem, free of charge.

Gameboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Gameboi

The PS3 is pretty reliable. I wouldn't worry too much about issues with the updates.  However, if you are worried about updating the normal way, you can always download the firmware updates on your PC (and transfer them to your PS3), as listed on Sony's site:
    http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/About/SystemUpdate/pc_update.html#update_PC

I just use the normal updates myself, but this is an option for those of you who wish to use it.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By get2sammyb

Mine crashed four times last night. But I pulled it out away from the wall and it's not crashed since.

Before that I have had no trouble.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By LiquidPrince

Mine has never crashed and I have a launch 60GB.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.