Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Official Sony PS3 Wireless Bluetooth Headset - worth it?

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By MachoFantastico

Hey folks,

Was wondering what your view is on the new Official Sony PS3 Wireless Headset? I'm considering picking it up, it goes on sale this Friday but I'm still unsure. The headset only version is the only one on sale as theres currently no Socom release date over here in Europe even though I'm sure I could pick it up somewhere, just not a big fan of the Socom series. Anyway, I was considering it for LBP and Resistance 2. As anyone seen a lot of folk using them and for those that actually own one what's your personal opinion on them?

I've read mixed views, a American mate of mine as one but he hasn't been to keen on it. Though I suspect he may have a faulty one as it keeps cutting out on him apparently. But I'd like to know what others thought on it? would it be worth it for LBP and Resistance 2?

Huge Thanks!
    AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By AaronBelfast

I'm in a similar situation, although I'm definately buying it. Mute status and noise cancelation? And it's only £17.99.

MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MachoFantastico
    AaronBelfast said:
    "I'm in a similar situation, although I'm definately buying it. Mute status and noise cancelation? And it's only £17.99."
    It's a great price no doubt, I spent £30 on getting a 3rd paty headset and that didn't work well at all. Requiring me to go through a syncing process every time I wanted to use it. But it's more down to how many folks actually use it or what the actual quality is like.

I know a lot of folks are saying to get Socom with it and I might have, It's a good deal but theres no release date for that yet so I'm still unsure.
    AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AaronBelfast
    TrueEnglishGent said:
    "AaronBelfast said:
    "I'm in a similar situation, although I'm definately buying it. Mute status and noise cancelation? And it's only £17.99."
    It's a great price no doubt, I spent £30 on getting a 3rd paty headset and that didn't work well at all. Requiring me to go through a syncing process every time I wanted to use it. But it's more down to how many folks actually use it or what the actual quality is like.

I know a lot of folks are saying to get Socom with it and I might have, It's a good deal but theres no release date for that yet so I'm still unsure."
    Was it the Gioteck headset from GAME by any chance?

And yeah I'm just buying the standalone headset, never really cared for SOCOM.
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MachoFantastico
    AaronBelfast said:
    "TrueEnglishGent said:
    "AaronBelfast said:

I know a lot of folks are saying to get Socom with it and I might have, It's a good deal but theres no release date for that yet so I'm still unsure."
    Was it the Gioteck headset from GAME by any chance?

And yeah I'm just buying the standalone headset, never really cared for SOCOM.
    "
    Nah it was a good quality Motorola headset, I was told it was the best for the system at the time (about a year ago) and it even advertised for use on PS3. But it simply never synced properly so I gave up and sold it! got £20 for it so not so bad. But I shouldn't have any problems with Sony's official Headset.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By LiquidPrince

Sure, why not.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Demyx

If you're gonna use it, then sure.
    I don't play much multiplayer, so I probably won't be picking it up anytime soon.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By TwoOneFive

dude its an excellent headset, i got it with socom, and i actually really like socom too. its a sweet deal. 

thundergamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By thundergamer

I already have the ps eye is the headset still worth getting? I might be getting resistance soon.

chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By chililili
    thundergamer said:
    "I already have the ps eye is the headset still worth getting? I might be getting resistance soon."
    DEFINITELY getting it with SOCOM is a pretty nice deal, but the headset (I ownit) kicks absolute ass, its a great piece!
    Avatar image for deactivated-612140337177a
    deactivated-612140337177a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I hear, it's one of the better ones you can get. I have not used it however. All I've got is the PSeye :S

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By LiquidPrince

I use the Warhawk one.

AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AaronBelfast
    LiquidPrince said:
    "I use the Warhawk one."
    I have that too, I never use it. Not comfortable.
    Throne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Throne

I'm getting. I just don't know when.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.