Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

playstation hard drive 3 and more games

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

Edited By fugie7

so i was hanging out with my friend nick today at my house, just chilling and playing video games on the playstation 3. we were just in a middle of infamous when i decided to check out how much room i have on my hard drive, i looked at it and i only had a little left. So i convince myself to go outside in this heat wave were having in chicago and head over to mirco center, i went over to the computer department and looked at some hard drives notebooks sata. The hard drives were expensive, iv tryed to find the cheapest one and that fits the qualification of the Playstation hard drive console. Lucky iv found one it was a Fujitsu 2.5 500gb only for 99.99, it got a mark down for some reason and i really didn't brother to ask the sales person why. so i pick it up along with some 4000 xbox live points.

After the trip to mircocenter my friend nick wanted to go game stop to pick up narc for the playstation 2. he got narc and i eventually perches a 20 dollar psn card because  Mircocenter didn't have them their for some reason. I also reserve two games modern warfare 2 prestige deal and demon souls. After game stop we went back to my place to install my new hard drive into my playstation 3, i did everything right but one thing went wrong one of the screws didnt have the screw drive holes to unscrew it. so i made my friend file it to make holes and it took about hour or less cant remember, and it work surprised. I pop in the new hard drive in its metal case and place it back into the playstation 3, I test it out and everything seems to be working fine till now. I also use the psn card to perches killzone 3 flash and thunder map pack and will use the rest for fat princess. For the 4000 xbox points i use some of it for gears of war all fronts dlc which i still need to try out but i heard some really good things about it so i cant wait. Well that's it for now so til next time 
    fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By fugie7

so i was hanging out with my friend nick today at my house, just chilling and playing video games on the playstation 3. we were just in a middle of infamous when i decided to check out how much room i have on my hard drive, i looked at it and i only had a little left. So i convince myself to go outside in this heat wave were having in chicago and head over to mirco center, i went over to the computer department and looked at some hard drives notebooks sata. The hard drives were expensive, iv tryed to find the cheapest one and that fits the qualification of the Playstation hard drive console. Lucky iv found one it was a Fujitsu 2.5 500gb only for 99.99, it got a mark down for some reason and i really didn't brother to ask the sales person why. so i pick it up along with some 4000 xbox live points.

After the trip to mircocenter my friend nick wanted to go game stop to pick up narc for the playstation 2. he got narc and i eventually perches a 20 dollar psn card because  Mircocenter didn't have them their for some reason. I also reserve two games modern warfare 2 prestige deal and demon souls. After game stop we went back to my place to install my new hard drive into my playstation 3, i did everything right but one thing went wrong one of the screws didnt have the screw drive holes to unscrew it. so i made my friend file it to make holes and it took about hour or less cant remember, and it work surprised. I pop in the new hard drive in its metal case and place it back into the playstation 3, I test it out and everything seems to be working fine till now. I also use the psn card to perches killzone 3 flash and thunder map pack and will use the rest for fat princess. For the 4000 xbox points i use some of it for gears of war all fronts dlc which i still need to try out but i heard some really good things about it so i cant wait. Well that's it for now so til next time 
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By mordukai

Sounds like a fun day. NIce price on the HDD.

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By fugie7
    @Mordukai: thanks! it was sure a interesting day i actually thought i wouldn't be installing my hard drive because of that damn screw.
    walang_hiya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By walang_hiya

hopefully when i upgrade my playstation 3 i wont have a hard time with the screws as you did. but its good to hear that your enjoying your new hard drive, i still have along ways to go til i replace my hard drive because i still have a lot of  room left to spare.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.