Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Playstation Plus question

Drekly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Drekly

Hey all!

I bought a PS3 from eBay yesterday, and chances are it won't arrive for 3-4 days.

Now I know that certain games are being removed from the PS+ instant collection on the 25th, so I was wondering if I purchased a subscription before my console got here, would I be able to keep this month's games?

Thank you!

Avatar image for a_cute_squirtle
    A_Cute_Squirtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By A_Cute_Squirtle

The subscription doesn't automatically get you the games, you have to actually go through the "purchase" process on PSN. I think you can do that through the browser version of PSN and then the games should be available to you on your console.

I could be wrong though.

Drekly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

So I just purchased a subscription and was able to add and 'purchase' all the instant collection games. They show in my 'purchase history' so I assume that everything worked.

Thanks for the help.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

You have to register the purchase before they're removed from the IGC, but you don't need to download immediately.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

@drekly: Yup, once you've purchased the free games, they'llbe linked to your account forever. All is well.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@drekly: Yes it should be on your download list even if it the game is removed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.