Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

PS3 crashing problem??

deadmanforking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deadmanforking

I've been going back and replaying some old games lately, today I tossed in Uncharted 2 and about 5 seconds after the opening cinematic my PS3 beeped 3 times, then shut off and the red light started to blink. Everything else with the PS3 is fine, it will still turn on, still play movies and music. I can play downloaded games off of PSN.

I even checked if it was the Uncharted disk, I put Uncharted 1 then 3 in (used them because they are the only ones I had with me that didn't require an install.) Uncharted 1 worked fine, but the same problem with Uncharted 3. I've tried playing online/offline, patched and without any patches and its always the same problem.

If anyone has any advice on the matter it would be greatly appreciated.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By N7

That happened to me a couple of years ago but my PS3 never turned back on. I'd copy all saved data you have ASAP just in case.

deadmanforking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By deadmanforking

@N7: Yea I made sure to do that.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By N7

Worst case scenario, you may have to factory restore it. But there are, potentially, other options. Check this out: LINK

It's totally legit. I used it myself a couple months ago when games started acting up. Try rebuilding the database and file system. It won't delete anything important.

deadmanforking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By deadmanforking

@N7: I'll have a look at that. Thanks dude.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.