Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

PS3 DLC/game transfer/cloud question

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By ShadowSkill11

I'll be leaving the country for about a year. I currently own a PS3 original model(fat, launch). If I were to buy a PS3 slim to take with me and sign in with my original account am I going to have any issues accessing my cloud saves, dlc, downloaded games, etc from the new PS3? When I get back will the old PS3 still have access to all those materials? Anyone who knows out there?

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Marcsman

You can only put game saves in cloud storage. It's only 150 MB. You cannot save game installs or DLC in it. Most of them are larger than 150 MB anyways. 
    Yes your old PS3 will still have everything on it still.
    zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By zidd
    @ShadowSkill11: you can access PSN accounts of one region in a different region. Its how europeans have USA accounts and americans have japan accounts.
    LiquidSaiyan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By LiquidSaiyan3

Cloud saves will be accessible, but you'll have to re-download all DLC and PSN games (there's a list somewhere that shows everything you've ever downloaded, I just don't remember where...)

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By ShadowSkill11

Thanks. Basically I may have to re-download some things but I won't have any licensing issues like when I got a second 360. Thanks again.

myfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By myfriend

question.. when I backup my HD to upgrade it, does it also transfer DLC? I have so much DLC be a hassle to D\L it all...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.