Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

PS3 Exclusive Game Suggestions

NinjaChocobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So 7 years after it's released and we're onto a new Generation, I figured now was a good time to finally get a PS3. Looking at a list of exclusives for it, however, I find my lack of knowledge on what's good and what I should play to be sadly limited. So I turn to you Bombers. Enlighten my ignorance. Here's a list of what I intend to play so far, in no particular order:

Tales of Xillia
    Tales of Graces f
    Disgaea 3, 4, and D2
    inFamous 1 and 2
    Uncharted 1, 2, and 3
    The Last of Us
    Kingdom Hearts remixes
    Valkyria Chronicles

I ask you all to give me more to add to this list.

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By e30bmw

MGS4 is worth playing if you're into that stuff. That stuff being over the top bullshit, but in a kind of like-able way.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By nightriff

MGS4, done!

katimanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MGS4 and The Last of us are the only two that I borrowed my brother's PS3 for.

There are a few other games that I would like to play but getting older I find myself less interested in putting lots of time into eastern rpgs.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Unless you plan on mucking around with imports, you seem to have most of the better exclusives on your list. Throw in MGS4 and Ni no Kuni and you're golden.

2014 has a couple of other exclusives poppin' up (of the jrpg variety), so you may want to keep an eye out for those as well.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By csl316

God of War III was solid. I haven't finished Ascension but 3 did enough crazy stuff to make it worth experiencing.

And Heavenly Sword was pretty neat, albeit very short. You can pick it up for cheap now and hopefully have a good time.

Oh, and Resistance. The first was a really fun co-op game. I liked 2 enough but it was sort of disappointing. And for whatever reason 3 became one of my favorite shooters this gen.

Ratchet and Clank or Sly Cooper could be interesting pick ups if you're into platformers.

And Twisted Metal was fun. Warhawk and Starhawk were really great multiplayer games but I'm assuming the community is all but gone now.

AntPatCan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love to see all the classic Pajama Sam games compiled and remastered into a PS3 game.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Justin258

Journey! If you've got a PS3, then playing Journey is a must.

Also the Ratchet and Clank games. Ni No Kuni seems like it's worth checking out. Resistance 1 is OK but it isn't necessary, Resistance 2 is trash, but Resistance 3 is one of the best exclusives on the PS3.

CountRockula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By CountRockula

Here's my two cents:

Beyond: Two Souls - Your mileage may vary depending on what you're into. Doesn't always succeed in what it's trying to do, but it's pretty impressive when it does. There aren't many games like it.

God of War - If you like character action games, these are some of the best out there. If you haven't played the PS2 games, I'd recommend picking up the HD collection. If you've already played those, then check out God of War III.

Team ICO HD Collection - If you never played these on PS2, I'd call them must-haves. They are excellent.

inFamous - I really enjoyed the first game, but quickly got tired of the second. Festival of Blood is a fun, short little romp, though.

LittleBigPlanet - The story mode is cute and arguably worth seeing, but the real fun is seeing all of the insane stuff players have built over the game's lifespan. Same goes for the sequel.

Metal Gear Solid 4 - If you're a Metal Gear fan, this game is essential. If not, you'd likely have no idea what the hell is going on.

Resistance - I enjoyed all three of these games for slightly different reasons, but one thing they all have in common is interesting weapons. They're all pretty good at presenting you with combat scenarios that allow for using your arsenal creatively. The second one is apparently pretty divisive, and the single player campaign is definitely the weakest of the three, but the co-op mode was baller. It feels unlikely there'd be anyone left to play with, though, so maybe give that one a pass.

The Last of Us - Naughty Dog throwing all of their considerable talent into a grim, desperate game about survival and loss. This game is great.

Uncharted - The first game is reasonably well- made, but I'd skip that and go straight to the second. Uncharted 3 is less impressive, but only because it followed Uncharted 2. It's still well worth playing.

flower - Short, simple, and extremely well- paced. This game is designed to pack an emotional punch, and will succeed with anyone who is not a heartless monster.

Journey - This game is actually similar to flower in a lot of ways, most noticeably in its pacing and narrative structure. It is one of my favorite games ever. Play it.

Noby Noby Boy - This isn't a game so much as it is a toybox. If you enjoyed Katamari Damacy, this brings that same special kind of weirdness.

The Unfinished Swan - A fairly short game with a great visual style and some cool, unique mechanics.

Well, this ended up being way more than I intended to write, and probably way more than you wanted, but there you go. Hope it helps.

vladk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Demon's Souls depending on how much you hate yourself.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

• Heavy Rain
    • Journey
    • Flower
    • Killzone 2 & 3
    • Noby Noby Boy (I recommend watching the Quick Look first to see if your into this brand of stupid)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.