Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

PS3 seems to access the disc a LOT, am I missing something?

sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 21

#1  Edited By sarahsdad

I've only really noticed it when playing Splinter Cell Blacklist, and now Beyond:Two Souls, but there are times when it feels like the PS3 is accessing the blu-ray a LOT more than it did for some older games like infamous, or the first two Uncharted games.

I'm coming from a primarily 360 background where I studiously installed everything to the hard drive before playing. I know both Blacklist and Two Souls went through some sort of install process, but I'm wondering: Did I miss some sort of minimal vs. full install option either for those games, or buried somewhere in the system settings? Or...is that just the way it is with the PS3, where games will do a minimal install, and then are designed to stream in as much as possible off of the disc?

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I don't think many games, if any, have a full install option like the 360 - which just images the disc on the hard drive. Also the blu ray player is pretty slow so will have to stream a lot.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.