Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

PS3 'Start New Game'

Mcubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Mcubed

How is it that I can replay my favorite games, without loosing all my previous data? Everytime I go to start a new game, like in Heavenly Sword, It wants to delete my previous save data. How come I can't just make a new file? I don't want to loose everything I have to play again. All I can think to do is make a new user on my ps3 and play it again under that one. It doesn't make much sense to me. Any thoughts?

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By LiquidPrince

Create a new user, and just play under that account. Every user uses separate save files.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By shadows_kill
    LiquidPrince said:
    "Create a new user, and just play under that account. Every user uses separate save files."
    that works. but some games only allow one save and its annoying. fallout 3 is like that but idk for heavenly sword.
    OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By OmegaPirate

Thats not a 'ps3 feature' thats, the game will either allow seperate profiles and therefore multiple saves, or - the game will not allow you to have seperate profiles, it seems like HS is one of those games

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By zitosilva

You could also, instead of creating a new account, make a backup of your older save file, delete the one from the ps3 and play a new game. Then, when you feel you'll no longer play it, put your save back into the ps3.

PenguinNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By PenguinNerd
    shadows_kill said:
    "LiquidPrince said:
    "Create a new user, and just play under that account. Every user uses separate save files."
    that works. but some games only allow one save and its annoying. fallout 3 is like that but idk for heavenly sword."
    Cost me a few hours when I first got the game...have friends play under different user accounts now...
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Yeah it`s annoying, my friend turned on COD4 and deleted my save game by mistake which was really a piss off.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By StaticFalconar
    Bucketdeth said:
    "Yeah it`s annoying, my friend turned on COD4 and deleted my save game by mistake which was really a piss off."
    wow, they really assume only one person per console.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.