Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Query about cross-Atlantic account sharing, can anyone help?

Yodasdarkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Yodasdarkside

I am a Scot living in Canada currently. My poor little brother back in Scotland has recently had an operation on his leg (taking cartilage from his hip to rebuild his foot, sounds like a painful bastard) and cannot get about. This also means he can't work and is bored out of his tits to boot.

Now, I have a ton of games I've bought on the NA PSN over the years and I was thinking that I could give him my PSN login details and he could download some of my NA stuff to his EU PS3 to keep the poor bugger occupied.

Is this possible? Can he still play the games when he logs back into his own PSN? Will he encounter any region-locking nonsense and will either of us be penalised for this?

Thank you, Bombers.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Not too sure, but I think it can be done.

Wait a minute. Your brother has tits?

Yodasdarkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The lack of exercise has blessed him with cleavage.

Mijati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Based on the fact that you can setup a US account on a UK PS3 with no problems (and download games just fine) so I don't see any reason why this wouldn't work.

Only thing that could go wrong is there'll probably be a chance of your account being flagged for coming from IP addresses from entirely different regions. No idea what Sony does about that but wouldn't surprise me if they look into it for security reasons

Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
    CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

When I read this thread title, I was really confused for a second.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

Everything will work as easily as you think it will. The only region locking issues are when trying to use dlc from one region for a product from another region. Your brother will be able to just sign in with your login info and download whatever. He'll be able to play it on his own account as long as your account isn't deleted from his system. Hell, he doesn't even need to wait for stuff to finish downloading to sign out of your account. He can set it to download in the background and it'll download no matter what account is signed in.

Yodasdarkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.