Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Recommendations

tutuboy95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By tutuboy95

Hey guys! I've finally come to the decision that the PlayStation 3 has much more for me than the 360 will ever have, (also due to the simple fact that save for my Tales of Vesperia, my few 360 games are on both consoles), so I'm selling my 360 stuff and purchasing a PS3. I'm also borrowing a few good PS2 games from my friend, such as Kingdom Hearts, KH II, FFX, FFXII, and Shadow of the Colossus, plus I've planned on getting several other FF games on PSN and am planning to buy some other PS3 games that are out/will come out (like Ni no Kuni, Tales of Xillia).

My question is this: what recommendations do you have for me to buy/borrow on PS1 (that's on PSN) or PS2 and PS3? (For clarification, I'm generally a fan of the RPG department, though I do like open world sandbox type games, puzzle games, platformers, and action adventure games. (not a big fan of shooters, zombie games, or survival horror ones).)

Thanks in advance.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By NTM

MGS4. You may ask "Well, isn't that a shooter?" And yes, it can be, but it's also a very good stealth game. That's probably the number one game to get on PS3. There is a lot of stuff to unlock. I completely recommend you get it, but hopefully you've played the first three before.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By FancySoapsMan

Valkyria Chronicles, if you're into strategy games. 

pantzing_nome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By pantzing_nome
    • Yakuza: 3 & 4
    • Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction & A Crack In Time
    Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Spoonman671

You can't play PS2 games on PS3.

tutuboy95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By tutuboy95

@Spoonman671: Well, I didn't properly research, and now I find that out. Some models are, but not all. Didn't know that. Thanks man.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By Sooperspy

Sound Shapes is what instantly came to mind since it was released this past tuesday. Such an amazing game. Buy it. Buy it now.

And The TellTale Walking Dead series is amazing. It doesn't matter that you don't like zombie games, this series is a masterpiece.

ManU_Fan10ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By ManU_Fan10ne

@tutuboy95: Infamous is good, and the collection for it came out a week ago. And since you wanted to play Shadow of the Colossus, you should get the ICO Collection (Ico and shadow), which is $20 on Amazon with a month free trial for PS+ included.

also, Valkyria Chronicles (i think bolding, underlining, and italicizing is enough emphasis lol)

tutuboy95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By tutuboy95

Guess what? I finally bought a Playstation 3. Came in the mail today. It's a 60 GB refurbished one, so I can play PS2 games no problemo.

I really like these suggestions. I'm looking good and hard at the ICO collection, as well as saving money for stuff on PSN to buy.

stryk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By stryk

Congrats! Welcome to the Nation of Being Fucked Over By Bethesda! I kid, I kid. It sucks that we may not get the Skyrim DLC though :(. PS3 has been great to me thus far, and I am a pretty avid RPG fan myself. Games that I would recommend to you would have to be... Rainbow Moon if you like strategy RPGs (stuff like Disgaea and Final Fantasy Tactics). I think Rainbow Moon is $15 on the PSN Store. And of course the original Final Fantasy Tactics is available on there as well, listed as a PS1 Classic title.

For other RPGs, well right now I am playing Dragon's Dogma from Capcom (yea, i know! An RPG from Capcom!?). So far it's... different, in good and bad ways IMO, but I'm not that deep into it yet, I'm told it gets better when you're main character isn't such a pussy. Some more of my favs are Uncharted 2 and 3, Dungeon Siege 3, Metal Gear Solid 4.

Have you played any Star Ocean games? you can find Star Ocean: The Last Hope International used copy for dirt cheap and it's worth playing for sure. And I know you said you're not big into shooters (me either) but I HAVE to recommend you check out Borderlands 2 which comes out on Sept. 18. The first Borderlands on PS3 gave me and a couple friends some of our by far best co-op video game experiences in recent memory, and Borderlands 2 looks like its going to be even better. It's much more than a COD/Crysis type of shooting game, you get quests, there are many towns and NPCs and loot loot loot by the truck load.

gaboi2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By gaboi2010

Games I have so far........

Madden 09

Ridge Racer 7

MLB 09 The Show

Midnight Club Los Angeles

Dirt 3

Little Big Planet Karting

Little Big Planet

Little Big Planet 2

Grand Tursimo 5 XL

Call Of Duty MW

Need For Speed The Run

Need For Speed Most Wanted 2

WWE 12

-------------------------------------------------

Exremeauto85 = PSN ID

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.