Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Resistance or Ninja Gaiden Sigma? (Greatest Hits, wewt!)

• 91 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-612140337177a
    deactivated-612140337177a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

AHh yeah, I get what you're saying. It makes logical sense. Resistance 2 looks great tho eh? an that's had no more than a year's dev time. Haha, still the whole "more time =  better project" :P Hmm, what do you suppose is the best time set for developing? 1 Year might be too short but.... I really hate waiting 3-4 years for a game and anything beyond that is insane.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
    deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, R2 looks great but some stuff looks like its in the early stages of development, looks good, but with time could be a LOT better.

Well since each project of theres gets around 2 years or so, they need 3 instead.

So a game comes out on January 1st of 08. Then their next game would come out on Jabuary 1st of 09. That is how it USUALLY would work, right?

Well, how about a game comes out on Jan 1 08, the next one comes out Fall of 08 (ie November). Making it a game per year, but one game comes out early in the year, the next late in the year, the next in the middle of the year, and then back to in the beginning of the year again, a great cycle..

Game A = February 2008
    Game B = November 2009
    Game C = July 2010
    Game D = February 2011

And so on.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry said:
    "Yeah, R2 looks great but some stuff looks like its in the early stages of development, looks good, but with time could be a LOT better.

Well since each project of theres gets around 2 years or so, they need 3 instead.

So a game comes out on January 1st of 08. Then their next game would come out on Jabuary 1st of 09. That is how it USUALLY would work, right?

Well, how about a game comes out on Jan 1 08, the next one comes out Fall of 08 (ie November). Making it a game per year, but one game comes out early in the year, the next late in the year, the next in the middle of the year, and then back to in the beginning of the year again, a great cycle..

Game A = February 2008
    Game B = November 2009
    Game C = July 2010
    Game D = February 2011

And so on.
    "
    Erm, wait between game A and B there's 19 months dev time but between B and C it's only 8months and tehn between C and D it's 7months? I don't follow.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wtf, what a big ass typo lol, here is what I meant;

Game A = February 2008
    Game B = November 2009
    Game C = August 2011
    Game D = May 2013

So the same time between each game, but the month has to change. One game every other year would be good, but in the beginning/end of each year, so it won't seem like such a HUGE gap.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

18 months between each game would be perfect, instead of a year, a year and a half. Although I see why they would NOT want this, because they want their games to come out in he holidays, basically.

somesthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By somesthetic

imagine if john carmack had spent 30 years making doom, it'd be awesome!

nevermind that he'd have to rehaul it every few years and start from scratch to match the emerging technology, more time = more better!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

somesthetic said:
    "imagine if john carmack had spent 30 years making doom, it'd be awesome!

nevermind that he'd have to rehaul it every few years and start from scratch to match the emerging technology, more time = more better!"

Jesus... no is talking about 30 years for a game, genius.

They launch a game every year, ONE game PER YEAR is horrible for a developer because it decreases the quality and advancement in a game. I am saying make it a year and half between each game, instead of a year.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By LiquidPrince
    Sentry said:
    "somesthetic said:
    "People have worked a lot longer to make games that weren't nearly as good or as polished as Resistance or Ratchet & Clank.

They're the most efficient PS3 developers around.
    "

Exactly, just imagine what they could do if you gave them three years.

I want them to make a game every other year. Summer of 09, new game, summer of 11, new game, etc. Or at least a year and a HALF between each game..

I want a real R&C sequel.
    "
    More time doesn't necessarily dictate a better game. Insomniac has a working engine and they know how to work efficiently which is why we see so many releases.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LiquidPrince said:
    "Sentry said:
    "somesthetic said:
    "People have worked a lot longer to make games that weren't nearly as good or as polished as Resistance or Ratchet & Clank.

"

I want them to make a game every other year. Summer of 09, new game, summer of 11, new game, etc. Or at least a year and a HALF between each game..

"
    More time doesn't necessarily dictate a better game. Insomniac has a working engine and they know how to work efficiently which is why we see so many releases.
    "
    More time does, really, mean a better game. The stuff they have now? Major polish could be done.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By LiquidPrince
    Sentry said:
    "LiquidPrince said:
    "Sentry said:
    "somesthetic said:

"

"
    "
    More time does, really, mean a better game. The stuff they have now? Major polish could be done.
    "
     I don't think so. If you have more time but nothing to fix, then times wasted. Time that could be used for the next game. They have been working using there current engine for a long time so they really know how to work it properly which in return allows them to make games quickly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So an un polished game is better then a polished one?

I am going to stop arguing with you here, Insomniac are my favorite developers out there, and you are being to defensive. The fact just IS that the games quality will not be as good as it could be because they rely on releasing a new game every year.

It's a fact; period.

/end

somesthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By somesthetic
    Sentry said:
    "somesthetic said:
    "imagine if john carmack had spent 30 years making doom, it'd be awesome!

nevermind that he'd have to rehaul it every few years and start from scratch to match the emerging technology, more time = more better!"

Jesus... no is talking about 30 years for a game, genius.

They launch a game every year, ONE game PER YEAR is horrible for a developer because it decreases the quality and advancement in a game. I am saying make it a year and half between each game, instead of a year.
    "
    they have different teams working on these games, with god knows how many people.

ratchet and clank was already an established franchise so it was just a matter of taking what they had and making it hi-def and resistance was probably being worked on for three or four years, but now that they have the world established, the can use those assets to make resistance 2 in two years.

honestly, what you don't understand, is that it's all relative. a team of 20 people can work on a game for 4 years or a team of 100 people could work on a game for 1 year, time is not the sole factor, and like I said, if you wait longer you'll have to work harder to match emerging technology. if resistance came out at the same time as call of duty 4, it wouldn't have been such a big hit because it would have had stiffer competition.
    patrick5152003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#63  Edited By patrick5152003

so, platnum hits are 30$ and affective as of right now?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok? I know they have separate teams, but the quality of their games are not as good as it could be if they had more time. This is fact, how are you arguing on that point?

They shouldn't release a game per year, it just makes the quality and advancement of the game less.

Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Homer

Resistance, defintly.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By LiquidPrince
    Sentry said:
    "So an un polished game is better then a polished one?

I am going to stop arguing with you here, Insomniac are my favorite developers out there, and you are being to defensive. The fact just IS that the games quality will not be as good as it could be because they rely on releasing a new game every year.

It's a fact; period.

/end
    "
    No, but a game polished quickly is better then a game polished over the span of many months. Especially if the results don't really vary.
    somesthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By somesthetic
    Sentry said:
    "Ok? I know they have separate teams, but the quality of their games are not as good as it could be if they had more time. This is fact, how are you arguing on that point?

They shouldn't release a game per year, it just makes the quality and advancement of the game less.
    "
    they're releasing a game every other year technically, because different development teams might as well be different developers.

there's no magical number of years that make a game just right, when it's ready it's ready, and there's no point in sitting around making minute improvements to it. Resistance and Ratchet and Clank Future were both great games, they don't need a couple more years.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*sigh*

This is worthless, how can one deny this? They do NOT have two huge separate teams on each game, how you make it out to be. Again, one game every OTHER year would make the titles be SO much better, seriously.

This is fact, deal with it. I am not saying the games are not good right now, as I own every Insomniac game that has been put out (except the PS1 titles), I am saying they could do a lot better if they don't worry about getting a game out every holiday. Quality > Quantity. I would happily wait 3/4 of a year longer for their games.

solidphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#69  Edited By solidphoenix

Go with Sigma if you want some great single player action and an action game.
    Go Resistance if you want a shooter and a great online game. It can also serve as a prep for Resistance 2, if you plan on getting that.

somesthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By somesthetic
    Sentry said:
    "*sigh*

This is worthless, how can one deny this? They do NOT have two huge separate teams on each game, how you make it out to be. Again, one game every OTHER year would make the titles be SO much better, seriously.

This is fact, deal with it. I am not saying the games are not good right now, as I own every Insomniac game that has been put out (except the PS1 titles), I am saying they could do a lot better if they don't worry about getting a game out every holiday. Quality > Quantity. I would happily wait 3/4 of a year longer for their games.
    "
    then you're going to be thrilled with duke nukem forever.

idiot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

somesthetic said:
    "Sentry said:
    "*sigh*

"
    then you're going to be thrilled with duke nukem forever.

idiot.
    "
    LOL, dude no one is saying give them decades to work on Resistance. I am saying give them an extra year between games.

And don't call me an idiot. :)

XD
    somesthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By somesthetic

I'll be dead by then!

I need games now!

EventHorizon1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By EventHorizon1

Resistance all the way!  You get a great game & multiplayer to boot.  Ninja Gaiden is a great game but in my honest opinion Resistance is the way to go...

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#74  Edited By hazelnutman

I like Resistance more after playing NGS in a rental, but I'm going to get NGS as soon as I see it for 30 bucks.

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By thelastguy

I would get Resistance, it will be useful to know the background and characters of the story when the 2nd comes out.  Plus it has alot more replay value

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#76  Edited By AndrewGaspar

Get Resistance. You can prepare for Resistance 2. =)

somesthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By somesthetic

I've never understood the theory of playing game 1 to prepare for game 2.

you're just going to get burnt out on it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I disagree, its for the story. Just like watching the first movie before watching the second; makes sense.

somesthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By somesthetic

resistance's story is told terribly.

that's like watching die hard to prepare for die hard 2. its unnecessary.

unworthyBOZO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By unworthyBOZO

Resistance

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#81  Edited By lord_canti

id say fall of man its a good game  i recomend it altho  sigma is a good game  fall of man is a game  that every one who has a ps3 should atleast try:P

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By angelkimne

Depends if you prefer the action hack 'n slash genre more than FPS.

Quadrifoglio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Quadrifoglio

Resistance. Ninja Gaiden Sigma sucks donkey balls.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By LiquidPrince
    Quadrifoglio said:
    "Resistance. Ninja Gaiden Sigma sucks donkey balls."
    This is completely untrue.

Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Homer
    Dissolve said:
    "

Buy

Fall of Man

Do not buy

Sigma
    "

Rofl.

You are correct sir.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Homer said:
    "Dissolve said:
    "

Buy

Fall of Man

Do not buy

Sigma
    "

Rofl.

You are correct sir."

Lmao, to the point.
    Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Ket87

How much are the PS3 Greatest Hits? I'm getting a PS3 in a few weeks and wanted to stock up on games right when I got it. I'm hoping they are keeping with the 19.99 price of the PS2 GH and not jumping it up to 29.99 like 360 did with their Platinum Hits which kind of pissed me.

Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#88  Edited By Major
    Sentry said:
    "And don't call me an idiot. :)
    "
    But he's right, you are an idiot.
    On topic, you can get either of these games dirt cheap used. I got a pristine used copy of Resistance for like 17$. Even though I haven't played Ninja Gaiden.. I would recommend Resistance.
    MaceWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By MaceWisdom

But if you want one or the other; go for Resitance. It will keep your interest untill you want R2.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Major said:
    "Sentry said:
    "And don't call me an idiot. :)
    "
    But he's right, you are an idiot.
    On topic, you can get either of these games dirt cheap used. I got a pristine used copy of Resistance for like 17$. Even though I haven't played Ninja Gaiden.. I would recommend Resistance."
    What's with all the Sentry hate lately?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just note what color their names are.. :\

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mmm, I see. I've got mine in blue, I constantly wonder if I should switch it, it just attracts tars.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.