Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

So Im getting a PS3 . . .

Brundage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Brundage

and im debating between what games i should get.
    I have MGS4 and i like only the best games, and tactical shooters
    Im only buying two games and my top two so far are socom and killzone so my question is am i missing any games that i should have? Like I said I really like tactical shooters and competitve games (but hate all the cod's because they are hella noob) should i pick up LBP? Are there any PSN games I must have? I want teh best of teh best.
    plz help meh

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Ineedaname

Uncharted and resistance 2 are pretty good, R2 has a decent multiplayer aswell, not sure how many people are still playing it though.
    If you want a tactical shooter and an RTS style game, get Valkyria Chronicles.

darkspirit138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By darkspirit138

Honestly? Id say finish off the games you have before buying any more. Some outstanding games are coming out which you might want to wait for. If you cant, then infamous.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By iamjohn

Valkyria Chronicles

inFAMOUS
    Burnout Paradise
    Trash Panic
    Uncharted
    LittleBigPlanet
    Wipeout HD
    Resistance 2

You're welcome.
    Brundage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Brundage
    @darkspirit138:
    What im really looking for is the PS3's halo, the competitive game everyone plays and will keep playing until a sequel
    Brundage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Brundage
    @dcpc10: ya thats kinda what I was thinking. Why is socom crap? I loved socom 1 and 2 back o the ps2.
    GMhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By GMhawk

Socom is complete garbage.  K2 has great multiplayer (the multiplayer is much more tactical than Halo---not necessarily better, just more tactical).  You're not going to find a PS3 version of Halo (Halo is Halo after all).  

skunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By skunk
    @GMhawk said:
    " Socom is complete garbage.  K2 has great multiplayer (the multiplayer is much more tactical than Halo---not necessarily better, just more tactical).  You're not going to find a PS3 version of Halo (Halo is Halo after all).   "
    I'm the opposite here, I think SOCOM Confrontations is awesome. KZ2, as everyone's already mentioned, has wicked multiplayer. You might also want to check out uncharted 2 when it comes out, the multiplayer is a blast to play. It's more tactical than run and gun.
    Brundage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Brundage
    @GMhawk: halo will always be halo of course :) what i ment when i said that was PS3's exclusive that everyone plays thats competitve just like the PC's CS or the Wii's SSBB. I from what you guys are saying Killzone 2 is that game I think.

What game do you guys think has the biggest community?
    NukeGoBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NukeGoBoom

You people are mad.Stay the fuck away from SOCOM.
    It is obviously a pre-COD4 game.It plays like 3rd person counter strike.You die you die for good and just spectate the whole round which isnt really that fun.

Cyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Cyst

Killzone 2 is the best exclusive FPS on the PS3, in my opinion. So yeah, that one.

Giantsquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Giantsquirrel
    @Brundage said:
    " and im debating between what games i should get.I have MGS4 and i like only the best games, and tactical shootersIm only buying two games and my top two so far are socom and killzone so my question is am i missing any games that i should have? Like I said I really like tactical shooters and competitve games (but hate all the cod's because they are hella noob) should i pick up LBP? Are there any PSN games I must have? I want teh best of teh best.plz help meh "
    Lol, who doesn't?
    thegriefer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By thegriefer

killzone 2 and infamous and uncharted in that order

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Player1
    @Brundage said:
    " @darkspirit138: What im really looking for is the PS3's halo, the competitive game everyone plays and will keep playing until a sequel "
    Sadly, you won't really get that with the ps3. This is due to the fact that there really isn't a stand out shooter. At least not yet. And there are WAY less people. So all of the games will be less active. 

If I could say one game that right now is active and running well, I would say Killzone 2. I enjoy the multiplayer a lot in that game. 

Also. Please. For the love of God don't get SOCOM! It's quite literally broken, and nobody plays it. It is the exact opposite of what you are looking for. It is by no means the "best of the best"

I'd highly recommend inFAMOUS and Uncharted. Both games you can't afford to miss. 
    zander1123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By zander1123

If you are looking for PS3's halo you have two different options, either Killzone 2 or Resistence 2. Both of those games look like they will staying for awhile. Also with MAG is coming out and UC2 also coming, both of those games will more than likely have large player populations. Zipper is making MAG and they created the Socom series which was amazing. 

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By LiquidPrince

Uncharted is a must have, as well as Heavenly Sword.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By End_Boss
    This might help you out.
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mordukai

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.