Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Sony kept my game when I sent my PS3 in for service

• 63 results
    SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#51  Edited By SSbabel

Shit happens next time don't get your game stuck.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By StaticFalconar

why don't you demand to talk to someone about this instead of them calling you?

Avatar image for deactivated-612140337177a
    deactivated-612140337177a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

MikeC said:
    "

Fourth call -- 25 minutes

Me: "The RMA form and my Rock Band game were never returned to me after having my console serviced.  I was told I would receive a call about my missing game from the service center within two days... that was five days ago."
    Them: "Ok.  Let me review your service history."
    Me: "Ok."
    Them: "I see that you said you wrote on the form that there was a game stuck in the console."
    Me: "Yes, Rock Band."
    Them: "Rock Band 1 or 2?"
    Me: "The first one."
    Them: "Ok.  I see the service center definitely should have called you.  Let me call them."
    Me: "Ok."
    Them: "May I verify that we have your correct email address and phone number...?"
    Me: "Yes, those are correct.
    Them: "Ok, the service center will call you today or Friday about your missing Rock Band game."
    Me: --

As before, I have left out all the times I was placed on hold."
    Seems like you got someone who had the gift of common sense dude, nice. Hope your next call is the one that sets things straight.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By LiquidPrince

I still think this sounds too exaggerated. But it does tend to happen sometimes.

fluxbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#55  Edited By fluxbit
    LiquidPrince said:
    "I still think this sounds too exaggerated. But it does tend to happen sometimes."

Just made my fifth call -- still no game.  I really, really wish I was exaggerating.  (@LiquidPrince send me a PM with your phone number and I'll do a 3-way call so you can listen in.  I'm serious.)
    Avatar image for deactivated-612140337177a
    deactivated-612140337177a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MikeC said:
    "LiquidPrince said:
    "I still think this sounds too exaggerated. But it does tend to happen sometimes."

Just made my fifth call -- still no game.  I really, really wish I was exaggerating.  (@LiquidPrince send me a PM with your phone number and I'll do a 3-way call so you can listen in.  I'm serious.)"
    Sounds kinky, lol.
    Avatar image for masturbatingbear
    MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#57  Edited By MasturbatingBear

yeah thats sony for you.

yorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By yorro

The guy in the fourth call seems to have a functional brain.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By StaticFalconar

Any update so far?

Actually now that I think about itthis stuff happens all the time with all sorts of companies.

I remember hearing about this guy that got his 360 signed by the dev team of Halo, but it red ringed and he had to send it for repairs. The guy was adamant about not scratching it, or wiping off the signatures from the panels, but of course the system came back clean as new. When word broke out about this, of course MS and Halo team tried to make things right. But still it shows just how things can fall through the cracks in a bureaucratic structure when you mess with big companies in general.

I would like to hear how this goes, but I think you're game will be lost in the same room as Ark, filled away somewhere.

fluxbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By fluxbit

@StaticFalconar

Yes, I received a rambling, half-incoherent voicemail, Monday.  It indicated they would be "putting in a request for a replacement."  Not because they suddenly found the game or the paperwork, but rather the service center never followed through.

At any rate, I'm hopeful.  Thanks for asking.

fluxbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By fluxbit

After seven phone calls and who-knows-how-much time on hold... Rock Band is back in my hands.  The customer service folks finally gave up waiting for the service center to follow through and sent a brand new replacement.  Looks like they paid full-retail price for the game; it shipped directly to me from BestBuy, shrink-wrapped with a $59.99 price sticker. 

Now, excuse me while I go whale on the drums.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By StaticFalconar

Maybe there is a god after all.

dizzydevil78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By dizzydevil78

I also got my system back without the Madden game that was stuck in it.  Except that i was told that I must be making it up because there was nothing in it when they got it.  I wasn't given any option and every question such as "Why would I bother sending you the unit with the cause of disc is stuck in it if I could get the disc out" was met with I don't know.   

very sad

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.