Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Still excited of firmware updates?

The_Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By The_Icon

I really lost my interest in firmware updates since the 2.80 to be honest. It used to be so exciting for the imminent release of a firmware, but lately, especially 2.80 which did almost nothing. With so many requested features like x-game chat still not there, I dont know if we ever will get those features.

teekomeeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By teekomeeko

From PS3news.com:

"the recently added Text Chat feature has now increased the maximum limit of characters from 32 to 64 per line.

It also has been reported that when using the official Sony Bluetooth Headsetthe microphone volume has been locked at level 3, without the ability to change it.
    As mentioned yesterday,
    Open Remote Play (ORP) is currently not working properly in PS3 Firmware 2.80.
    Since inception, the PS3 has prioritized devices plugged into the front of the console... meaning if you leave your Guitar Hero, Buzz, or Rock Band 'dongles' plugged in your Wireless controller is not number one. However, as of PS3 Firmware Update 2.80 the Wireless controller does gets assigned to number one."'

Look, firmware updates aren't just to give you features - they also add stability, fix issues, or do random stuff for the system that matters to almost no one. When they announce a big update, they'll talk it up on the PS Blog and give you the list of additions/changes to get people excited.

If you actually expect every single firmware update to give you some giant new feature, then maybe you should stop using computers and game consoles, as all of them seem to have tiny fixes thrown in for you to download every once in a while. Complaining about them (especially if it is a voluntary update like PS3s 2.80) makes no sense.

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By choffy21

Yes, I am. A more stable, smoother, feature-filled experience is never a bad thing.

The_Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By The_Icon

in all honesty, last firmware with real features was 2.50.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By FrankCanada97

The most important thing is making sure the system works. Features can come later.

KenpoJuJitsu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By KenpoJuJitsu3

I don't exactly get excited, but at the same time I like seeing what's new and what's fixed/improved. I'm still waiting for cross game chat. That feature will make me use my PS3 more since I tend to be a social gamer as of late.
    jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By jeffgoldblum

If its got good features in it it is cool.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Ineedaname

I don't understand, you sound like you don't want them.

As others have said it's more stability in the system, and sometimes more features, one day they will actually give us what we want.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By iam3green

i don't look to much about new features. they usually just fix problems that the system has.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.