Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

'Tales of' Question...

SpecDotSign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By SpecDotSign

With Bandai Namco set to release Tales of Xillia in Japan this September, and the localized Tales of Graces F next year (I think), do you guys think it would be improbable that Bamco would release the PS3 version of Tales of Vesperia in the states? I read earlier today on Kotaku that the reason why the PS3 version never made it here was because Microsoft paid for the exclusivity. With that being said, I've read of a fan translation group working on a translation for the PS3 version of Vesperia to work on a CFW PS3. Let's say that this exclusive deal were to expire, would it even be worth it for Bamco to release the game with just subtitles and a solid translation? Maybe a Vita version? 

I ask these questions because I considered purchasing ToV on the 360, but then I read about the PS3 version with all the bonuses, and gambled on it getting localize, but in the end I read that it's not likely to happen. Should I just go for the 360 version?

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#2  Edited By Icemael

Don't count on it, dude. The only enhanced Tales port that's made it to America is... well, none of them made it. And there have been a few (Vesperia's PS3 port, Symphonia's PS2 port, Phantasia's PSP port and probably something else I'm forgetting).

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Red

Just go for the 360 version. It probably won't be released on the PS3, and if it eventually is, just pick it up and play through it again if the bonuses are any good.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mcfart

Yeah I hate how Namco dosen't stick to one platform. However, Vesperia 360 is worth it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
    deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Just get it for 360. Vesperia is certainly one of, if not THE best JRPG this generation.
    PixelPrinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By PixelPrinny

It's not worth it at this point for them to rerelease Vesperia on the PS3. If localizing Graces F is already taking  them a year and then some, it'd be better if they put their energies into that and then into Xillia rather than having to relocalize a game we already have here in a perfectly functional form. Maaaaaaybe we'll see a release of it on the Vita like we're seeing with Abyss on the 3DS but I wouldn't hold my breath.  

As Red said, get the 360 version. It's a terrific game and well worth playing.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By zombie2011

Tales of Vesperia was an amazing game, i was so glad i gave it a chance really fun and also really long. Get it for the 360 it's really worth playing.

Cazamalos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Cazamalos

get it on the 360 you will enjoy it and it have to be cheap by now, namco bandai USA is terrible localizing their games don't hold your breath for an american release of ToV ps3

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
    the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

damn i wish it was on the PS3...  heard good things about that game and it should be cheap too

SpecDotSign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SpecDotSign
    @TheMustacheHero: That's the article I was referring to. Thanks.
    I think I will get the 360 version. 
    Also @Soapy86: even better than my '08 game of the year: Valkyria Chronicles?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.