Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

The Last of Us (NEED ADVICE)

ReapersPuppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Hey guys so I'm playing The Last of Us an was wondering what skillz should I build up first? & like what skillz would benefit me the most??? hope to get some repliess! Thanks!

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

It depends. Do you want to play stealthier or guns blazing? If you enjoy being stealthy, you should invest in the Listen Mode Distance "skillz" first. If not, you should probably save up and go for Weapon Sway and Maximum Health.

jasonefmonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'd go for reduced weapon sway and listen mode distance. There's no listen mode in Survivor difficulty though. The bow is the one silent ranged weapon in the campaign, and I found it handy to upgrade that (range first). I also found decreasing the reload time on guns really effective, particularly the shotgun.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By CaLe

Extra holsters followed by extra ammo capacity. For the other upgrades you should go with better listening mode followed by.. extra health maybe? Whatever your preference is really.

ReapersPuppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ReapersPuppy

@tormasturba: I don't really care for stealth mode, kinda suck at it to be honest but I do try to be stealthy when I feel like I really need to be an the other times I'm just kinda in the middle..also when it comes to shooting I suck like bad! everytime I shoot at someone it seems like the bullets are going past them instead of through them..

LoveSpuds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LoveSpuds

Listening skills and then save up for weapon sway. Cannot stress how much easier the holsters made your inventory management too!

The best tip I can give you is if you get in a fight - enjoy it! I got so bogged down in stealth killing every bad guy but realised later on that if you can thin the numbers with stealth but then the shit hits the fan, shoot one or two and then retreat and hide. After a little while any bad guys start searching and you can stealth them again. I am on my New Game+ at the moment - I have never EVER played a game like it, its the perfect story driven game with immaculate gaming mechanics.

My only gripe? 2 MP trophies and I don't have any interest in the MP which means I probably wont platinum this game like I did with the Uncharted series, just a very small gripe.

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I went for health first, because, you know, it gives you more health. It's part of my "always upgrade Batman's armor first!" policy when it comes to games.

After that listen mode and upgraded shivs.

TorMasturba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TorMasturba

@reaperspuppy said:

@tormasturba: I don't really care for stealth mode, kinda suck at it to be honest but I do try to be stealthy when I feel like I really need to be an the other times I'm just kinda in the middle..also when it comes to shooting I suck like bad! everytime I shoot at someone it seems like the bullets are going past them instead of through them..

Well you seem to like action more and plus you're saying you miss when you shoot more often than not. Which tells me that your best course of action is... action(does my sentence structure sound as stupid as it seems to me?) so upgrade your health and gun sway skills and everything else is secondary in the skills screen, upgraded based on what sounds cool to you.

I'm personally really into stealth and purposely not reloading the game if I can help it, if I fuck up and that fuck up doesn't end in me dying. So if I fuck up and everyone starts shooting at me or hitting me then even if I end up with hardly any health I will play on. It's so enthralling playing it this way!

As for my stealth and realism focus I've jacked up the difficulty and turned all the help features in the options menu to off and I've dumped all my points into the listening skill since my listening ability is disabled, which is basically my way of making the game as hard as possible and also a way of stopping me from min-maxing in certain direction of skill.

I don't play games as much anymore but when I do it's for fantastic games like this one, thanks Naughty Dog!

ReapersPuppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ReapersPuppy

@tormasturba: I'll answer for them "Youre welcome my child.."

btw thanks for the input/advice everyone! :] muchos gracias homies!

caska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think you just get used to the shooting as you progress. Initially I couldn't shoot shit, like guy running towards me and totally missing bad, but it became natural towards the end. As for which skills you should pick I don't think it really matters all that much. Everything is 'useful' but you can just as easily go without it, I maxed my health and listening skills and that worked for me. Speeding up crafting and healing wasn't really that appealing since most of the time you can find quiet spots to do that if you reaaaallly need to. I think the bigger upgrades are to do with guns but at that point it's up to you to see which one you like the most and how you use it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.