Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

The Ratchet & Clank Trilogy

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By glots

Couldn't spot a thread for this yet (probably because the game won't be released in NA 'till 1st of September...) so I decided to make one. Also a good excuse to make my first thread!

So the game should be out this week in Europe. Anyone planning on buying it? I'm trying to decide between either starving for a week or buying the game meself. I've played Tools of Destruction and Crack in Time by now and liked them quite a bit. Probably best platformers I've played on PS3, really. Have heard only good things of them PS2 ones, buuut...then again, I didn't end up buying the J&D collection either, even though I was looking forwards to it a lot. I'm not sure why anymore...think the QL made the first two games seem a bit too out-dated or something. Mneh!

Anyways! Those potential players, spew your (hopefully) positive comments here!

P.S. Also, I seem to be completely lost, what comes to navigating through these forums, so I *assume* that there's no seperate 'PS3 Games' subforum, where I should be posting this instead.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

Shakezula84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Shakezula84

@JMatrix: I'm excited and would love to get this one. I only ever play the first one on the PS2 (although I've tried the later ones on PS2). They need to release a second trilogy pack next year with the ones on PS3.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BestUsernameEver

Sad when the HD remakes are more exciting than the recent rachets.

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Carryboy

Working my way threw 1 now, 3 is my personal favorite.

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By zeushbien

Bought A Crack in Time but got kind of burned out on it, so I decided against it, even though I loved the first one on PS2, but never played 2 and 3.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Morrow

I'm not sure yet. Tools of Destruction was one of my first PS3 games, and I enjoyed it greatly. But there are already so many other games on my list, and I have a full-time job, so... ._.

But I think it's definately worth checking out. If the earlier games are similar to ToD, they are great fun :]

Milo_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Milo_o

I always loved the Ratchet and Clank games. Going Commando is my favorite. I'm thinking that even though they're remastered in HD, they will appear a bit outdated, but I don't care. It'll still be great to play them again.

Lava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Lava

I'm really looking forward to the UYA online being available and hopefully filled with people this time around. I played endless hours of that back in the day. It was so great. I can't wait for it to come out here so I can spend more endless hours in it. It will be great to come back to these games and play them again, especially remastered.There are some glitches in UYA online that I hope are still there... Here's to wrench climbing walls!

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By Hizang

I'm someway into three now and I'm disappointed yet again, during the loading screens the audio is seconds behind whats on screen. In a few spots in cutscenes this happens too.

Avatar image for slipperymoosecakes
    SlipperyMooseCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just finished up the 2nd and have started up the 3rd. There is one slight issue that I noticed though. When I go to apply for the employee discount, it does not give it to me. In order to get the employee discount, you must have obtained the hologuise in R&C1, which I did. I still have the save file on my PS3. Anybody else run into this problem, or know how to fix it?

ScreamingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ScreamingGhost

I want to pick this up but since they announced a HD Deadlock I'm afraid I will get it then months later it'll be re-bundled with all four. I'd rather not buy it twice and rather have the complete set on one disc if it happens.

sodacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By sodacat

I doubt that will be possible. Based on how big the individual game downloads are I don't think they could fit a fourth game on a blu-ray disc.

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By supermonkey122

After playing 1 again, it kinda sucks. 2 and 3 are still great though.

Avatar image for slipperymoosecakes
    SlipperyMooseCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I held out on buying the originals on the PS2 because for the longest time I was waiting to see if they would put out an HD collection, and they did. I wish they would have packaged in Deadlock and maybe even an HD release of the PSP games at some point.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sinusoidal

Deadlocked was the first PS2 game I ever played. I've since played every major title in the series. Deadlocked is still my favorite. I'm pissed it's not in the HD collection. Short of some cool rail sequences, R&C is at its best when you're blasting the crap out of everything with awesome weapons. Deadlocked does this the best with a smaller, cooler selection of effective-across-the-board weapons and vehicle combat that is actually enjoyable. The platforming has always seemed kind of "meh" to me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.