Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Weird Blue Lines When Using My PS3

Oblivian92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Oblivian92

Whenever I use it, blue lines blink up and its annoying. They come up and are in random places. I just got my first HDTV ( a 32", 720p, LCD HDTV, RCA Brand ) and I'm wondering if it's that. I had to replace it because it had some annoyingly placed stuck pixels but I never saw this on that T.V.. Is it the PS3 and if so is it fixable in the settings? Is it the T.V.? What can I do to fix it if it is the T.V.? Do another Wal-Mart return?

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By BoG

Sounds like your TV to me, I once had a problem with  blue lines on a computer monitor. Mine weren't random, though, so it may be different. I'd call the manufacturer.

Oblivian92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Oblivian92

I thought I should add that the lines are random in length but no more than a couple inches long. Usually a group of three to four pop up at once.

chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By chililili
    Oblivian92 said:
    "I thought I should add that the lines are random in length but no more than a couple inches long. Usually a group of three to four pop up at once."
    I had that same problem! Get that shit to a repairman or call in your warranty ASAP! The problem will only get worse until your screen stops working at all. I took it to a TV repairman who said it was due to faulty placement of the circuits and high temperatures which were fucking up the screen.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187

Check the resolution that your TV is set at.  It may have gotten switched on accident or something.  Also check the back of your PS3 console and make sure that the video cable is plugged all the way in.

That's the most I can offer as help.
    Oblivian92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Oblivian92

I guess I'm going back to Wal-Mart lol.

William

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By William

BLUE LINES OF DEATH?!

ghettobond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By ghettobond

I had the same problem a few months ago.  My setup was a little different.  The PS3 was going into an Onkyo receiver with HDMI, and then the receiver went into the TV.  Turns out it was a noise reduction setting on the receiver that caused the crazy blue lines.  Once I turned the noise reduction off, all of the blue line issues went away.  It wasn't just the PS3 that was affected; every other HDMI device had the same issue.  It drove me mad for a couple of weeks.

Try looking through the televisions menus to look for any kind of noise reduction setting.  If there is one, make sure it's turned off.  That worked for me.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By LiquidPrince

It could also be the fact that you need to connect you PS3 sans ground prong.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.