Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

What games to get with the PS3?

Number1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Number1

Im going to get a PS3 in the morning :-) and i was wondering what to get with it, i was thinking about MGS4, Killzone 2, Uncharted and inFAMOUS. I only have enough to get 2 and i really want something to justify the money im about to fork over as this will be the first time I use the HDMI port on my HDTV.

tychoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By tychoon

I'd go for MGS4 and Uncharted.

lethalki11ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By lethalki11ler

When I was looking for games to buy with a PS3, I got advice to get KZ2, MGS4, Uncharted, inFAMOUS, LittleBigPlanet and Ratchet and clank.
    I was personally going to get KZ2 and MGS4 and Uncharted (The two last ones being cheap because they are platinum)

redgauss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By redgauss

It sounds like you want t game that is heavy on the visuals to go with your new HD setup.

I'd go with KZ2 and MGS4 if I had to pick from your list. Both are amazing games to play and look at.

Also, you may want to think about Resident Evil 5. It's a fun action game that is graphically on par with KZ2 or MGS4.

Be sure to buy your HDMI cable online as most retailers will rape your wallet for one.

Enjoy your PS3!

PSN ID: RedGauss

Number1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Number1

Yeah the price point on MGS4 and Uncharted are tempting....But i wouldnt mind playing some online with Killzone 2 as my 360's Fun Tax just run out and im gonna hold off getting another Gold Member untill 1943 comes out.

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By KingBroly

There's always Warhawk.  You can always find a good game in Warhawk.  I think Uncharted's still $60 or on clearance, but MGS4 is $30, and it's definitely worth getting.

josephbarron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 26

#7  Edited By josephbarron

MGS4 is a must-have. For you other game I'd go with Uncharted or Killzone 2. You'd be best off choosing from those last based on genre preference.

Number1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Number1

Yeah ive settled on MGS4 and KIllzone 2, will pick up Uncharted when ive finished them both.I also just got The Dark Knight & Planet Earth : The Complete series on Bluray for cheap off the internet.

killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By killdave

Probably the best mix of games with those 2. MGS4 is worth playing at least once if not twice. Killzone2 singleplayer controls are messy but the online is good and FREE. LBP is not a real game and uncharted is awesome... until aliens spoil it WFT!

Get a subscription to lovefilm / blockbuster etc for Bluray rentals, and maybe games too ^
    Avoid infamous until it goes cheap/budget, sandbox games get old, Fast.  With both MGS4, killzone online and the 100's of blurays it will keep you happy.

HDMI + Bluray + large TV = better than sex*

*(with your hand only)

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By EVO
    @killdave said:
    "LBP is not a real game and uncharted is awesome... until aliens spoil it WFT!"
    1. Dissed LBP
    2. Spoiled Uncharted
    Not cool.
    MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MeierTheRed

Get Uncharted and Killzone 2, that way you get a really nice single player game, and a really good multiplayer game.

EvilDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By EvilDingo

Not to be a dick or anything, bur it seems pretty much ever other topic in the PS3-forum is one of these.

They all pretty much list the same games.
    BlazBleu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BlazBleu

Go get Killzone 2 and Uncharted. Killzone 2's multiplayer will keep you playing for awhile. And Uncharted is just plain fun. 

killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By killdave
    @EVO said:
    " @killdave said:
    1. Dissed LBP
    2. Spoiled Uncharted
    Not cool. "
    Dissed LBP because it deserves it. Worst £25 I ever spent. Cheated into thinking it was a real game.
    Uncharted can still be fun and the aliens are so fucking dumb that its more of a warning than a spoil.

Also Evil Dingo you are right, I checked and yes every other topic is one of these listing the same 3 to 4 games lol
    Hairydutchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Hairydutchman

Uncharted is a musthave for its graphics and overal awesomeness.
    Killzone 2 is a musthave for its graphics and the multiplayer.

I would also look into Warhawk and Motorstorm. Both very cheap, and really great. Warhawk is probably my favorite playstation online game.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By EVO
    @killdave said:
    " @EVO said:
    " @killdave said:
    1. Dissed LBP
    2. Spoiled Uncharted
    Not cool. "
    Dissed LBP because it deserves it. Worst £25 I ever spent. Cheated into thinking it was a real game.Uncharted can still be fun and the aliens are so fucking dumb that its more of a warning than a spoil. Also Evil Dingo you are right, I checked and yes every other topic is one of these listing the same 3 to 4 games lol "
    Round 2
    1. Enlighten me, why isn't LBP a "real game"?
    2. Uncharted doesn't even have aliens. They're mutants.
    Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

MGS4 is the best game on the PS3.  If you're even a passing MGS fan that should be bought.

thegriefer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By thegriefer

mgs4 and killzone 2

Avatar image for guerrilla_mason
    guerrilla_mason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By guerrilla_mason

I just got my PS3 about a week or so ago, and all I've played really is Killzone 2 and Uncharted. I played about halfway through Uncharted, and decided to play a little Killzone 2 multiplayer. I don't know why, since I really stink at it, but I can't stop playing it.  I also have MGS 4, but the stealth stuff is killing me. It's hard for me to wrap my head around for some reason (note: this is my first MGS game, but I've also played Splinter Cell games, so i like the stealth games, so I don't know what it is).  So yeah, that was a lot to read just to get my votes for Uncharted and Killzone 2.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By EVO

Still waiting, killdave.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.