Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

What saves on an external hard drive?

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By choffy21

Pretty self-explanitory title. I'm thinking of getting a 500GB external HDD, but heard you can't save everything on there. Is that true and if so, what can't you save?

Thanks.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By JoelTGM

I don't know much about that, but you know you can always replace your PS3s harddrive with a bigger one, has to be SATA 2.5"... so like this one.

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By choffy21
    @DOUBLESHOCK said:
    " I don't know much about that, but you know you can always replace your PS3s harddrive with a bigger one, has to be SATA 2.5"... so like this one. "
    I know that, but I saw a 500GB external drive on clearance for $25 so...
    ltcoljaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By ltcoljaxson
    @choffy21 said:
    " @DOUBLESHOCK said:
    " I don't know much about that, but you know you can always replace your PS3s harddrive with a bigger one, has to be SATA 2.5"... so like this one. "
    I know that, but I saw a 500GB external drive on clearance for $25 so... "
    Eh, really all you can store on it for PS3 is music, video, and most game saves.

I don't recommend getting an external harddrive unless your going to use it for your PC as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.