Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

What the Heck Is Wrong With My PS3? (Uncharted 2 Won't Load)

soulfulsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By soulfulsoul

Last night I was playing Uncharted 2 when the voice over suddenly dropped. I exited to the main menu, and there was no music playing. When I tried to exit the game, my PS3 seemed to freeze, and I couldn't get back to the crossbar. All that was displayed was a black screen. I had to unplug the console to even get it to turn off. I just put in Uncharted 2 this morning, and it won't even load to the title screen. It just displays the spinning loading icon forever. What on earth is wrong? Do I need to uninstall the game?! That would really suck. I accidentally put in Uncharted before it, and it at least loaded to the title screen. What should I do? Thanks.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Ravenlight

Let's try to narrow down what's wrong with your PS3:

• Is it able to load any other games, or does this only happen when you try to play Uncharted 2?
    • Are you able to bring up and navigate menus with no disc loaded?
    • Is the PS3 showing any error codes?

Just to be sure, try a few basic troubleshooting steps, too:

• Reseat both ends of the power and AV cables.
    • Make sure nothing's blocking the PS3's fan and maybe wait a half-hour before turning it back on, just to ensure it's not overheating.

Good luck, duder!

soulfulsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By soulfulsoul

@Ravenlight said:

Let's try to narrow down what's wrong with your PS3:

• Is it able to load any other games, or does this only happen when you try to play Uncharted 2?
    • Are you able to bring up and navigate menus with no disc loaded?
    • Is the PS3 showing any error codes?

Just to be sure, try a few basic troubleshooting steps, too:

• Reseat both ends of the power and AV cables.
    • Make sure nothing's blocking the PS3's fan and maybe wait a half-hour before turning it back on, just to ensure it's not overheating.

Good luck, duder!

Thanks,

I seem to be able to play other games fine. I think I might have found the problem. I looked at the save game information, and there were two save game files created last night, even though I did not create two saves! One is for Uncharted 2 1.09, while the other is for Uncharted 2. I deleted the 1.09 one, and when I put the Uncharted 2 disk in again, something actually happened! My PS3 began downloading a 1.09 patch! Maybe the patch was being downloaded automatically while I was playing the game, and didn't complete installing before I experienced the audio bug and frozen console.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ravenlight

@soulfulsoul:

Glad your story had a happy ending!

Hopefully you didn't lose any progress. GLHB!

andrew80085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By andrew80085

I'm having a two-fold issue. I originally started playing U2:AT without an internet connection, and after quitting normally and not playing for a couple of weeks I get the spinning dagger of death every time I try to launch the game. It does this both with and without a PSN connection; I can't even get to the title screen. I've tried deleting all U2-related files and relaunching, but no luck. Disk is spotless, ps3 is in pristine condition, I can play every single other game I have without a hitch, but I'm stuck on this Uncharted issue... which leads me to problem number 2: every time i try to download the 1.09 update, regardless of whether my HDD is being accessed or not, it freezes my ps3 and I have to reboot. I've been combing every forum under the sun for days now and nothing anyone has suggested so far has worked. Oh, and my ps3 isn't giving an error message of any kind at any point in these processes. I'm stumped here, anybody come up with anything that hasn't occurred to me yet?

billygoebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By billygoebel

@andrew80085: Try cleaning the disc. I had sort of the same problem, and that fixed it.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@billygoebel:

Welcome to the forums, duder! :D

If you're browsing forums by game, don't forget to check the date stamp before replying. You just replied to a seven month old comment an a year old thread :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.