Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Why do shooters seem to struggle on the PS3

• 134 results
    spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#51  Edited By spankingaddict

i play shooters on both ps3 and 360, and dont think one is better than the other...

Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Scullinator

I like to use triggers to shoot in FPS and the triggers on the Dual Shock  SUCK.    I got lots of hand cramps playing Resistance 2.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By CL60
    @tiwi said:
    " Why the fuck is there no "there's nothing wrong with ps3 shooters." option? "
    I direct you to option D.
    Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#54  Edited By Jayzilla

i think it boils down to more people to play with on the PC or 360. People just prefer getting into matches more quickly. The controller may be an issue as well. The 360 controller is a carbon copy of the original xbox controller and people played Halo for so long with it that it made using it for a shooter, the de facto shooter controller.

pakx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#55  Edited By pakx

those sticks just suck. they're flimsy and poorly shaped and in the wrong place. i know Sony fanboys love thier ass some DS3, but the 360 controller is plainly better. it's more comfortable, more ergonomical, and the triggers are bent the correct way.

copycatzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By copycatzen
    @tiwi said:
    "Why the fuck is there no "there's nothing wrong with ps3 shooters." option? "

this
    wfolse1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#57  Edited By wfolse1

Yeah, I think it has to do with the online infrastructure simply being more robust on the xbox 360.  Xbox live is a fabulous resource for developers because it is a proven p2p system with friend matching, parties, etc already implemented.  On the ps3, devs either have to build that stuff for themselves or simply go without.  

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#58  Edited By Andorski

I think it's just the type of gamer the consoles attract.  Most of the big games on the original Xbox were shooter oriented, while the PS2 had pretty much everything except a strong shooter line-up.  Then you look at the 360's biggest brands (Halo, Gears of War, Call of Duty/Modern Warfare, Left 4 Dead, etc.), it shows that the audience's taste in games haven't changed much.

If you want shooters, you want a 360.

Andheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#59  Edited By Andheez

I own both consoles, and I buy all multiplatform shooters for the 360.  It is definitely a controller issue. I went from a PS2 to a 360, and the controller just CRUSHES ps3 controllers.  It is way more comfortable to hold, PS3 does seem small and cramped to me, and convex buttons and sticks?  Please.  Also especially for shooters the triggers are a BIG difference for me, its feels like pulling a trigger on the 360 and pressing a button on the PS3.  So barring any distinct graphical or performance detriment, I go for the 360.

blackbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By blackbeard

I'm 30. I know a bunch of other people in my age group with PS3's and we use them to play shooters. I prefer the PS3. Being an adult I tend to have a lot less time to play and tend to only get to play for a few short hours in the evenings. My experience has been that PS3 owners (the ones I know of) are a little older so due to adult lake of time this is a part of why shooters have less concurrent active players on the PS3. We're not hordes of 13 years old skipping homework to play games all day and night. There also seems to be more variety of popular shooters on the PS3. 360's popular games are COD, GearsOW and Halo (for arguments sake).

I don't understand why people think the PS3 controller is weird... it has been this way for decades. Symmetrical stick positioning is proper and feels best to me. To each his own but the using the 360 controller to play shooters makes my left thumb hurt because the stick is so high up the I feel like I am constantly reaching for it  bit. Playing COD on the 360 does this most since you have to press and push forward to run. My hands never strain using the PS3 controller.  

You may feel like the PS3 controller is loose. I think the 360 controller is uncomfortable and too big and tight and the positioning makes the sticks weird to move. 

I don't care to start another controller discussion but everyone has a preference... don't discount it because you don't prefer it. The PS3 controller is perfect for me and its a big reason why I play almost all my games on the PS3, especially shooters.

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By sopranosfan
    @SPACETURTLE said:
    " Where is option  
    E:No problems with PS3 shooters at all???  I personally love Killzone 2. Some might say the controls are a little heavy, but that was what Guerilla was going for. Besides, you can turn the "weight" off in the controller options. And since you are mentioning Gears, what about Uncharted 2? Thats an excellent shooter. "
    @tiwi said:
    " Why the fuck is there no "there's nothing wrong with ps3 shooters." option? "
    As I said I own a PS3 and have NO problem with PS3 shooters on the contrary I enjoy Resistance and can appreciate Killzone 2 I just can't play it(literally makes me sick).  I am referring to sales numbers only.
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#62  Edited By Vinchenzo

The 360 controller is way better for shooters. The placement of the analogs, the resistance of the analogs, the triggers, the weight of the controller; it all feels great. No bias here, just facts.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#63  Edited By damswedon

R1 should not be shoot the finger is not supposed to stay in that position for an extended amount of time.
    L2+R2 these two need support it is just too easy to have your fingers slip of the L2+R2 buttons.

dyslekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By dyslekt

im not struggling ;)  

no prob getting games in BF:BC (still!)  or MW2

upwarDBound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By upwarDBound

I would have to say it is because of the Dualshock controller. The sticks are oddly placed and the trigger buttons are "squishy" and tend to spring back. Also the stick covering makes my thumbs sore.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SJSchmidt93 said:
    " Controller? What?   The 360's controller is ass. The PS3's... the best.  I
    This is my opinion, but I know a lot of people who dislike the dualshock
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#67  Edited By JoelTGM

It's pretty obvious.  The 360 has better online capabilities, allowing friends to play together and talk with eachother easily.  I can't believe you didn't have that as an option.  PSN is free and that's great, but it feels pretty lonely whereas with Xbox Live you see all your friends online and their avatars, and you can jump right into their party and chat with them across multiple games.  I play on the PS3, but when I used to play the 360, before it died for the hundredth time, I played with people all the time, whereas on the PS3 it's too much of a hassle imo.

Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
    Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

Shooters don't struggle on the PS3, you lie.

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#69  Edited By angelkanarias

There should be an option like ''they don't struggle''

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By zyn

For me, it's the controller.

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By sopranosfan
    @Emandudeguyperson said:

" Shooters don't struggle on the PS3, you lie. "

Once again I am not talking about quality or ability to play or find games online, on the contrary I am saying those things are fine.  I am only referring to why they don't sell as well as I think they should.  I don't understand why games like Resistance and Killzone which I agree are better than Halo:ODST  which was an overpriced expansion can't come close to the sales of it.  Here is a short list that I compiled . I simply picked the top games that I could recall and looked them up on VGchartz.  If I missed one I will try to find it and I know it isn't fair to compare MAG to games that have been out for months and in some cases years but I just threw it in to show it didn't set the world on fire.

Game                                                                Platform                                   Sales

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2                      360                                           9.4 million

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2                      PS3                                           6.7 million

Call of Duty 5                                                  360                                           6.2 million

Call of Duty 5                                                  PS3                                           3.8 million

Gears of War                                                    360                                           6.0 million

Gears of War 2                                                 360                                           5.6 million

Halo 3                                                              360                                           10.8 million

Halo: ODST                                                     360                                           4.6 million

Resistance                                                        PS3                                           3.7 million

Resistance 2                                                     PS3                                           1.8 million

Killzone 2                                                         PS3                                           2.2 million

MAG                                                                PS3                                           0.3 million         
    Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
    Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sopranosfan said:
    " @Emandudeguyperson said:

Once again I am not talking about quality or ability to play or find games online, on the contrary I am saying those things are fine.  I am only referring to why they don't sell as well as I think they should.  I don't understand why games like Resistance and Killzone which I agree are better than Halo:ODST  which was an overpriced expansion can't come close to the sales of it.  Here is a short list that I compiled . I simply picked the top games that I could recall and looked them up on VGchartz.  If I missed one I will try to find it and I know it isn't fair to compare MAG to games that have been out for months and in some cases years but I just threw it in to show it didn't set the world on fire.

Game                                                                Platform                                   Sales

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2                      360                                           9.4 million

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2                      PS3                                           6.7 million

Call of Duty 5                                                  360                                           6.2 million

Call of Duty 5                                                  PS3                                           3.8 million

Gears of War                                                    360                                           6.0 million

Gears of War 2                                                 360                                           5.6 million

Halo 3                                                              360                                           10.8 million

Halo: ODST                                                     360                                           4.6 million

Resistance                                                        PS3                                           3.7 million

Resistance 2                                                     PS3                                           1.8 million

Killzone 2                                                         PS3                                           2.2 million

MAG                                                                PS3                                           0.3 million          "
    Oh, you meant saleswise? I dunno, maybe the online service.
    Questionable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Questionable
    @sopranosfan said:
    " @Emandudeguyperson said:

Once again I am not talking about quality or ability to play or find games online, on the contrary I am saying those things are fine.  I am only referring to why they don't sell as well as I think they should.  -snip- 

Does anyone know where one can find the amount of old consoles? i'd love to see to see these stats percentage wise keeping in mind that the 360 has more units out atm  
    (not to forget alot of households had to buy more than 1 for obvious reasons)

I dont doubt that shooters sell more on the 360 but a margin of 30% apoears a tad excessive.
    thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#74  Edited By thatfrood

No Caption Provided
    spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By spaceturtle
    @sopranosfan said:
    As I said I own a PS3 and have NO problem with PS3 shooters on the contrary I enjoy Resistance and can appreciate Killzone 2 I just can't play it(literally makes me sick).  I am referring to sales numbers only. "

You say you enjoy Resistance and Killzon you can appreciate, but you cant play the games. It makes you sick, you said. You are gonna have to explain that one to me. Cause I cant see how you can enjoy a game if you cant manage to play it, if that is what you mean.

Also, about the sales. At the beginning when xbox was released, PS3 hadnt even come out yet. But by the time PS3 was out, the developers that made xbox exclusives had gotten pretty skilled at making xbox games compared to those games that where released exclusively for the PS3 at that time. Also graphics where looking smoother on the xbox. Then of course, when new potential console buyers stood with the choice - either a xbox or the PS3, the choice is obvious. But lately we have seen a growth in the games developed for PS3. And more people are buying PS3 instead of xbox. The only reason the xbox exclusive games have bigger sales than the ps3 is because more people own a xbox. At the time being anyways. I think PS3 will surpass xbox saleswise in the end. And when you say you cant play PS3 shooters -  It litterally makes you sick, I have no clue of what that is supposed to mean. 

I did own both a Xbox and a PS3 for sometime ago, but I sold the Xbox so I could buy more games for my PS3. I always prefered PS3. But people are different, have differnt tastes in the controlls and what not.
    sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By sopranosfan
    @SPACETURTLE said:
    " @sopranosfan said:
    As I said I own a PS3 and have NO problem with PS3 shooters on the contrary I enjoy Resistance and can appreciate Killzone 2 I just can't play it(literally makes me sick).  I am referring to sales numbers only. "
      You say you enjoy Resistance and Killzon you can appreciate, but you cant play the games. It makes you sick, you said. You are gonna have to explain that one to me. Cause I cant see how you can enjoy a game if you cant manage to play it, if that is what you mean.  Also, about the sales. At the beginning when xbox was released, PS3 hadnt even come out yet. But by the time PS3 was out, the developers that made xbox exclusives had gotten pretty skilled at making xbox games compared to those games that where released exclusively for the PS3 at that time. Also graphics where looking smoother on the xbox. Then of course, when new potential console buyers stood with the choice - either a xbox or the PS3, the choice is obvious. But lately we have seen a growth in the games developed for PS3. And more people are buying PS3 instead of xbox. The only reason the xbox exclusive games have bigger sales than the ps3 is because more people own a xbox. At the time being anyways. I think PS3 will surpass xbox saleswise in the end. And when you say you cant play PS3 shooters -  It litterally makes you sick, I have no clue of what that is supposed to mean.   I did own both a Xbox and a PS3 for sometime ago, but I sold the Xbox so I could buy more games for my PS3. I always prefered PS3. But people are different, have differnt tastes in the controlls and what not. "
    I own both Resistances and have beaten the campaign in both and played  quite a bit of multiplayer in 2 with no problem.  Honestly I am not for sure what it is with Killzone 2 but it makes me nauseas when I play it, I can't play  for more than 20 minutes without feeling like I am going to throw up.  I speculate it is something to do with the graphics, or how much is going on on screen, or maybe the way the camera moves but it really messes with me.
    rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#77  Edited By rjayb89

Why do shooters suck on the PS3, you ask?  Rico.  Rico.  Rico.

spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By spaceturtle
    @sopranosfan:
    Wow! That is some crazed up shit! That is probably one of the most over-the-top arguments for not liking a game. Even though it IS a argument, It isnt really a good one.  When you say Killzone 2 isnt all that good because it LITTERLY makes you sick, that mostly goes for you and epileptics, it seems. If your not an epileptic there is either something seriously wrong with you, or Killzone 2 is possessed by a demon. Have your pick, MATE!
    Btw, picture Ryan, Brad or any of the dudes from the basement doing a review on Killzone 2 where they butcher the game with negative criticism. Picture the game getting 2/10 or something. And why the users of the site ask, why did this game get such a low score? Because everyone who plays this game is sooner or later going to have to throw up. Not because it a bad game or anyting. Its just the nature of the game...

I dont want to be a act like a totally retarded turd and shove this even more up your face, but sir, you previous statement is RIDICULOUS! Unless of course your epileptic, then Im really sorry.
    sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By sopranosfan
    @SPACETURTLE said:

" @sopranosfan: Wow! That is some crazed up shit! That is probably one of the most over-the-top arguments for not liking a game. Even though it IS a argument, It isnt really a good one.  When you say Killzone 2 isnt all that good because it LITTERLY makes you sick, that mostly goes for you and epileptics, it seems. If your not an epileptic there is either something seriously wrong with you, or Killzone 2 is possessed by a demon. Have your pick, MATE! Btw, picture Ryan, Brad or any of the dudes from the basement doing a review on Killzone 2 where they butcher the game with negative criticism. Picture the game getting 2/10 or something. And why the users of the site ask, why did this game get such a low score? Because everyone who plays this game is sooner or later going to have to throw up. Not because it a bad game or anyting. Its just the nature of the game...  I dont want to be a act like a totally retarded turd and shove this even more up your face, but sir, you previous statement is RIDICULOUS! Unless of course your epileptic, then Im really sorry. "

I don't know what to tell you....but it makes me nauseous.  As I stated I didn't say I didn't like it (I would have rated it around 8.5) I just can't play it for long enough to justify a purchase.  I am not epileptic and have no problem playing other FPS or First person RPGs. 
    Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#80  Edited By Trilogy

The 360 controller is just superior when it comes to shooters. That doesn't mean PS3 shooters are unplayable or bad with the dual shock, it just isn't my preference.

Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
    DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By DragoonKain1687

USA. Its simple. USA is the heaviest FPS community. 360 rules in the US, so, its just a matter of common sense. Argue all you want about the other features, but, at the end of the day, its just that there are more 360s per capitta in the US than PS3s, and given the success of FPS in the US, its just a matter of numbers.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#82  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Why do people keep giving long ass responses to this? It's simple. Mic support.

Falkien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#83  Edited By Falkien

Don't know what you mean.. from multiplatform shooters to exclusives on ps3 have been excellent

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By ArchScabby

I don't know about anybody else, but I just prefer the 360 controller for FPS's.  The analog sticks on the PS3 are too awkward.

nobull6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#85  Edited By nobull6

Controller

I just got a PS3 and tried out the Killzone demo and the first thing that bothered my was the controller. To hit the D-pad, you have to move your thumb up and to the left instead of the natural drop down on the 360. And trigger mapped to R1 and not R2? I remapped controls and adjusted sensitivity, but just couldn't get into it. I had trouble lining up shots with the sticks and everything felt foreign. Granted it's been two years since I've held a Playstation controller and maybe it'll get better over time, but the first impression was not a good one. I'm about to play the first Resistance, so maybe I'll get used to it by the end.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By pause422

I prefer the PS2 controller when they didn't fuck up the L2 and R2 buttons. 360 controller is just better feeling with shooters, but a PS controller is generally better with any other type of game I feel. However, I can asure you BC2 on the PS3 probably has the best feeling controls ever released for a shooter on the platform yet.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because all the kids buy COD and Halo on the 360 thinking there cool ; ) 

I'll stick with my tight knit Killzone 2 community.

Avatar image for deactivated-59e904df78d8f
    deactivated-59e904df78d8f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Personally I prefer any kind of shooter on the PC - I find it very difficult to aim with the sticks on ANY console. =\
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By TwoOneFive

because you are a fanboy and thats your opinion.  
    seriously, shooters don't "struggle" on ps3. 
    also, most of my friends that play shooters...are on ps3.  
    must be a philly thing though because i never quite understood why people on the internet claimed ps3 users never used mics (they seem to ALWAYS use them to me) and the friends i have that usually on play 360 are mainly sports game players (madden etc). 

teekomeeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By teekomeeko

Do they really struggle on PS3? They very likely make a profit on the system if it released and does even modest sales, and with smaller and smaller difference between the two HD consoles sales-wise, they probably do alright if they also sell well on 360, and to an unfortunately smaller extent, the PC. If it sells better on another system, that doesn't automatically means a game or genre "struggles." Fact is that the Xbox brand has been catering to console shooter fans since console shooters started being actually good instead of passable.

I'm not a fan of the FPS genre as a whole, though, and only play a shooter when I see that one does something unique or has a good story, so I never stopped playing PlayStation games in favor of Halo (or whatever) and therefore don't mind having the same controller I've spent thousands of hours with or supporting a brand that I feel gives me many times as many exclusives to play as any other platform.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By MikkaQ

Because no one owns a mic, and those who do sound like they're trying to use a cheese grater on my ears. 

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Nasar7

I think the dominance of the 360 over the PS3 for FPSes is largely exaggerated, larger user base notwithstanding.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@XII_Sniper said:
    " Because no one owns a mic, and those who do sound like they're trying to use a cheese grater on my ears.  "
    You obvioulsy haven't played MAG.
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By MikkaQ
    @Bucketdeth said:
    " @XII_Sniper said:
    " Because no one owns a mic, and those who do sound like they're trying to use a cheese grater on my ears.  "
    You obvioulsy haven't played MAG. "

That's kinda the reason (also I've had many, many woes with the PSN, with bad connections and constant updates, but that's another story). Though if everyone who plays that uses a mic, then I'd be down. But bluetooth mics still sound like garbage, unfortunately. Also getting mine to work was a big pain in the ass. It just should have been standard, and I'm a bit disappointed. 
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By trophyhunter

anyone that says it's the controller is a moron because the PS3 controller is the best one to date and the 360 controller is the worst since the N64. 

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By LiquidPrince

They don't. I don't think so at least.

tmthomsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By tmthomsen

My hands are too big for that tiny controller.

mumbo101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By mumbo101

i would say it suffers a bit, because of the audience the ps3 brings. we all know the xbox is known for shooters, and attracts a lot of shooter fans. while the ps3 brings many different flavors to the table. thats not to say the 360 doesnt have other genres of games, but it really attracts fps fans.

AngelKore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By AngelKore

They don't? Kinda weird how your poll only goes one way.

I'm just used to the PS3's analogue sticks when it comes to shooters. I went over to my mates house and played his 360, and found it almost impossible to play MW2 successfully. The sticks just have too much of a high dead zone compared to the PS3, IMO.

Manatassi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Manatassi
    @trophyhunter said:

" anyone that says it's the controller is a moron because the PS3 controller is the best one to date and the 360 controller is the worst since the N64.  "

looks like theres allot of morons out there in your opinion :P  and seriously, the N64 controller?

@AngelKore said:

" They don't? Kinda weird how your poll only goes one way.  I'm just used to the PS3's analogue sticks when it comes to shooters. I went over to my mates house and played his 360, and found it almost impossible to play MW2 successfully. The sticks just have too much of a high dead zone compared to the PS3, IMO. "

actually thats a fair point there should be a they don't option for the balance of the poll. however its absence is a little understandable as sales of shooters on the PS3 are far below those on the 360. Take MW2 and its sales for example, the 360 version is hugely outselling the PS3.  

Obviously there is a preference toward people playing shooters on the 360 its silly to argue otherwise, and from the results of the poll obviously there are a percentage of people who prefer the 360 controller for shooters. You may have found the 360 controller "almost impossible" to use but since you clearly don't own both consoles you will have your muscle memory trained for the PS3 controller on MW2. Common sense is going to dictate that another controller will feel odd to you if you are used to only playing on the PS3. 

I have both consoles and after years of playing shooters with both consoles I find the PS3 controller really does not suit FPS that well. Weirdly I didn't have a problem with Uncharted 2, but other shooters have simply felt too loose and imprecise. Perhaps its something developers need to adjust for and I'm sure if I had smaller hands it might help as my hands tend to cramp a bit after extended play with the PS3. Apart from the D-Pad the 360 controller just feels better designed and fits my hands more comfortably and from the general consensus I have seen I'm not in the minority. 

In the end it comes down to whatever suits you best and feels comfortable. Judging from sales and general reception however arguing that the 360 controller is "almost impossible" to use or "the worst since the N64" is simply fanboyish nonsense. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.