Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Why I just now bought a PS3

frankatank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By frankatank

Friday was the day. I completed the trifecta of video games. I now own a Wii, Xbox 360, and PS3 (in that order). Today I'll just focus on the PS3 instead of looking at why I bought a Wii before a 360. The PS3 is one of the most fascinating consoles I have owned. It has blue-ray functionality, but I already have a blue-ray player, it has Netflix and the like, which I already have, and it has many many exclusive games which the Xbox 360.... doesn't have. And that is what it came down to. The exclusive games.

It has been almost one week since I bought this black beauty of a console, and I already own 15 games.. All of them exclusives. I was sitting there watching the Sony E3 press conference, and must say I was decently impressed. The amount of characters Sony has is an outstanding, and the games that have come out have been very intriguing. Another thing is how much I love adventure games. Uncharted and Infamous are both great games so far, and I already am excited to play my God of War and Sly Cooper collections. Microsoft really needs to get in gear. While I still use the 360 for gaming with my friends and third party games, I need more exclusives to motivate me to use that as my main console. Who knows, maybe the PS4 will win me over, and I will start playing my third party games on that console.

Don't get me wrong, I am well aware that the PS3 is not perfect. While I do love the Xbox 360 controller and set up of the dashboard, the games just aren't there. If Sony works on their friend system and trophy system, tightening those up making them more accessable, then I will gladly make that my main console next generation. The ball is in either companies court, and I am very excited to see what news we will hear from both companies this fall and next spring.

frankatank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By frankatank

Friday was the day. I completed the trifecta of video games. I now own a Wii, Xbox 360, and PS3 (in that order). Today I'll just focus on the PS3 instead of looking at why I bought a Wii before a 360. The PS3 is one of the most fascinating consoles I have owned. It has blue-ray functionality, but I already have a blue-ray player, it has Netflix and the like, which I already have, and it has many many exclusive games which the Xbox 360.... doesn't have. And that is what it came down to. The exclusive games.

It has been almost one week since I bought this black beauty of a console, and I already own 15 games.. All of them exclusives. I was sitting there watching the Sony E3 press conference, and must say I was decently impressed. The amount of characters Sony has is an outstanding, and the games that have come out have been very intriguing. Another thing is how much I love adventure games. Uncharted and Infamous are both great games so far, and I already am excited to play my God of War and Sly Cooper collections. Microsoft really needs to get in gear. While I still use the 360 for gaming with my friends and third party games, I need more exclusives to motivate me to use that as my main console. Who knows, maybe the PS4 will win me over, and I will start playing my third party games on that console.

Don't get me wrong, I am well aware that the PS3 is not perfect. While I do love the Xbox 360 controller and set up of the dashboard, the games just aren't there. If Sony works on their friend system and trophy system, tightening those up making them more accessable, then I will gladly make that my main console next generation. The ball is in either companies court, and I am very excited to see what news we will hear from both companies this fall and next spring.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.