Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

4k/UHD TV advise PS4 Pro and Xbox one X

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
    deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By OurSin_360

I am not familar with these models buy for gaming you want to look at input lag, hdr you want to look for wide color gamut and peak brightness. I have a sony 700d and it is great for gaming but the hdr is hit or miss because it lacks wide color and proper peak brightness. But it still looks amazing compared to my last 4k tv. Try checking rtings.com for these models they have good comprehensive reviews imo.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By McShank

I just got this tv https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XFZL5N1/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1 55" for my Pro and Xbox one *Not S or X*. Works great, looks great. Smart tv portion is fast, the HDR is beautiful, Its not curved which is sad since the room I put it in, is in a closet and the curved would be perfect for the small room, but I didnt want to spend the extra for it. The colors are Bright and the darks are pretty dark, compared to other 4k tv's. The only thing better would be looking at getting the Oled Sony's or LG's or the Qled Samsung's but that price point is way to high for what your looking at since those are relatively brand new. I would push for the 7 series vs the 6 that you have posted, or at least move away from the curved unless your in a smaller room for the viewing angles.

If your just looking for a good 4k tv in general though, the TCL 2017models are all looking awesome with pretty cheap prices. I have a 55inch in my living room and it works great, especially with Roku built in. For a cheaper tv, It puts the low and alot of medium level models of the big brands to shame.

here is a link to the one I have in my living room. TCL 55' 4k HDR

Cheetoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

http://www.rtings.com/tv

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I bought the Sony XBR55X900E and it's rad. I of course don't get my Xbox One X until next week, but all the 4K/HDR stuff I've viewed on it is fucking incredible, and it has low input lag for gaming. I know that's a bit over the price range, but I imagine the KD line shares some of the same architecture.

I had previously been a Samsung guy because their picture is generally really good, but the power boards on their TVs suck ass. Every Samsung I've owned has had its power board go out. The last one had it happen twice to the same set, eventually giving way to a dead pixel and literally having to press the cords in on the back to clear up vertical lines that would appear at startup. Recently, my brother's brand new high-end Samsung had backlighting issues crop up at spots around the edges of the TV.

So, yeah. I'm a Sony TV convert now. I've had an old 40" XBR with a billion things plugged into it in my man-cave for about seven years with zero issues, and the new one seems terrific so far. I'd go Sony.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Bollard

@cheetoman: As someone who has been looking at various TVs for a while now, that site is basically useless in the UK.

To actually answer the question, as others have said the main thing you wanna look at is the input lag. The thing you're gunna find really hard is the only places that bother to measure input lag have done it for US models of the TVs, and as I've found there quite often isn't a 1-to-1 mapping for US TVs to European ones, and even then UK ones can be slightly different. Especially looking at the lower end of the 4k price bracket is going to make it even harder to find anyone who has actually got any hard data on the TVs you are looking at.

Joeguard1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Joeguard1990

I have the Samsung UE49MU6400 - great HDR 4K TV for the money - you can pick one up for around £549. Some slight random light bleed on the edges but this is to be expected with all back-lit LED screens.

On default Movie/Standard settings the picture quality is amazing but input lag is noticeable. Putting it into Game mode fixes it, with no lag noticeable, but the picture quality drops dramatically.

The trick is to go to the Source, choose Edit and change it to PC. This gives better input lag than Game Mode but also provides a much better picture quality. Similar to what you would get hooking up a PC to a 4K monitor.

If you do decide to drop the bullet on a UExxMU 6 series I can ping you over the best manual setup options for gaming. I spend a day literally going through config videos on youtube and trying to find the best setup that gives no lag but decent picture quality!

Hope this helps!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.