Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Always pressing the wrong PS4 console button.

Drekly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Am I the only one who always forgets which button ejects and which is the power button?

Am I dumb? :(

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

If it helps, remember that the button closest to power light is the power button

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No, you are one of many who struggles with this. Was it Patrick who said a while back that he felt he should get an achievement for every time he gets it right on the first try?

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bigsocrates  Online

I have a launch PS4 with no physical buttons and my console is in a place with bad light.

I mostly buy digital but when I want to switch discs I pretty much just fumble about until the disc ejects.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

If only there were a console where the power/reset button had a light on it that they could be inspired by... like, oh, I don't know, the Sony Playstation 2.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never hit the wrong one, but I do have to stop and think each time.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

Weird, never had this problem. It's consistent w/ the previous Sony consoles I've owned so maybe I've been properly trained. Phat PS2 is power top, eject bottom. PS2 slim is power top, eject bottom from the vertical position. Phat PS3 is the same as PS2 Slim, power top, eject bottom from vertical position.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I just always eject it from the menu rather then deal with the button, since i always forget and its kind of a pain to see the power/eject symbols. But it has also just been my habit since the PS3 to do it that way to save a little time, its out by the time i have walked over to it.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It does get confusing often, mainly because I very rarely use the buttons (I turn off the console with the controller almost exclusively) but I do use the eject button since the majority of my games are on discs. What I don't like about the power button is that it's positioned in the middle bit between the shiny and the other plastic bit. For someone who hates leaving fingerprints, shiny reflective materials like that are the worst and I hate having to touch it in order to get to the power button.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It does get confusing often, mainly because I very rarely use the buttons (I turn off the console with the controller almost exclusively) but I do use the eject button since the majority of my games are on discs. What I don't like about the power button is that it's positioned in the middle bit between the shiny and the other plastic bit. For someone who hates leaving fingerprints, shiny reflective materials like that are the worst and I hate having to touch it in order to get to the power button.

You know how you can highlight a game and hit the options button to check for updates without needing the disc or starting the game? That same menu will allow you to eject the disc.

MudMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@spaceinsomniac:This. I don't think I've pressed those buttons in months, I always turn the thing on and off and eject discs from the controller.

But actually, no, when I do use them (say, to eject a movie that was left in the thing while it's off) I never have to think about it. The button that is physically touching the drive is eject, the one that is physically touching the power LED is power.

Now, the dumb capacitive power button on the Xbox? I've turned that thing on and off accidentally with absurd parts of my body, including my butt, my knee and on occasion with inanimate objects. I know people who have taped over it just to avoid this.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just eject and switch off using the menus.

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I have one physical copy of a game for the PS4. I wouldn't even know where to begin looking for an eject button.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never use the buttons on the console, just the controller. Whoever approved the current buttons shouldve asked someone whose never seen the console to try eject a disc first.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I exclusively use the controller to turn on, and off, the console.

davidh219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I exclusively use the controller to turn it off and on and eject discs, not the buttons on the console itself. I ain't no caveman.

mathj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i dont hit the wrong button, but the buttons themselves suck for sure.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I guess the only solution is to sell it and replace it with an xbox.

TanookiSuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally, I just use the controller for everything. The "Options" key is often forgotten about, but it will allow you to eject discs. Holding the PS Button will let you put the system in Rest, turn it off, or individual controller shut-off. Learn to utilize the built-in functions and forget about the console buttons. Easiest way to go about it. I don't think I've touched the console buttons since Day 1 with it, especially with reports about those buttons getting stuck; fuck dealing with that, should it happen.

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
    ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just use the controller for everything. Buttons on the console suck though.

Injecting/Ejecting discs always makes me feel like i'm damaging the disc drive since its finicky..ugh

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.