Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

As of the end of 2017/beginning of 2018, is the PS4 Pro worth the upgrade?

UrbanSanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

For those who own PS4 Pros, whether you upgraded to it or have it as your first PS4, I want your opinions and advice on getting this system. I have a discount on Amazon for a PS4 Pro that makes it about $300 or less. I had my eye on this system ever since I heard Monster Hunter World would receive an FPS boost. I also have my eye on the many games in the future that support PS4 Pro enhancements. But I have doubts about how the price would justify the upgrades.

Bonus info: I currently have the base PS4, the sharp-edged model. I play on a 1080p TV but have a 4K TV in another room.

TL:DR - PS4 Pro worth it with ~$100 discount?

Thanks in advance for answering and reading my stuff. Have a good day.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Well I don't have a vanilla Ps4 to compare to, but I've been very happy with the Pro I just bought so far.

Been pretty impressed with how smooth the framerate has been in yakuza 0 and Uncharted: Lost Legacy. Been playing on a 1080p tv and it seems comparable to what my 4 year old Gaming Pc can do or better on the same tv.

I will say I don't care about Blur-ray movies, but if I did, I'd probably be bummed by the lack of an Ultra HD drive

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I highly recommend it but only if you're going to hook it up to a 4K tv. The boost in visuals and performance are phenomenal.

Lack of 4K bluray drive is a bummer though.

Forzafan86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I highly recommend it but only if you're going to hook it up to a 4K tv. The boost in visuals and performance are phenomenal.

Lack of 4K bluray drive is a bummer though.

I agree with Frostyryan. Get it if you use your 4k tv. Or actually if you never had a PS4 before get the pro as well. If you have a regular one then the choices gets harder. Do you have money to spend and do you want the better frame rate and 4k possibility's???

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.