Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Can someone help me ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

So, I'm still nervous about if I did internal damage to the PS4 console. For those who are not familiar with my previous thread I used compressed air to clean my ps4 vents. Then I read that compressed air could cause damage by blowing dust further in. Then u read dome say vacuuming the vents was better. So I used our home hand vacuum and ran that along the cents, then I read vacuums cause static! Now I'm worried I did static damage as well.

but the console boots up, still loading games, and plays the games. But I'm still worried that maybe graphical quality of games were affected by static or dust. I don't have a ps4 next to it running to tell if it really is or not.

please, can someone ease my mind? I want to start enjoying this console :/

I even called SONY support, kady said they recommend vacuuming it. But whether it nit she knew what she's talking about us another story

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By xyzygy

I'm pretty sure that if there was static, it would completely ruin the entire machine, it being plugged into the wall and all. If you did it unplugged I think you're safe since it turns on. Do you have one of those vacuum attachments with the brush at the end? Those are great for this type of thing.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Dude, stop freaking out. Your console works fine.

BurBan_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Months later here we are, the same guy with the same thread.

Calm the hell down, the system turns on and plays.

Graphics don't get effected by dust.

Please, Please Please please

Just stop

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By ravensword

@xyzygy: I do have a brush attachment, didn't have it on though. It was just the long nozzle head.

And yes, everything was unplugged.

-Cipher-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By -Cipher-

If there was any change it would be noticeable, so you're good.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Sooty

@kadash299 said:

Months later here we are, the same guy with the same thread.

Calm the hell down, the system turns on and plays.

Graphics don't get effected by dust.

Please, Please Please please

Just stop

Yeah, amazing really.

OP you are in no position to say someone at Sony might not have known what they were talking about when you're here making threads like these.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I believe I posted your last thread, too. If your system is turning on and playing games, then you should be fine. If the thing was damaged you'd be having problems more akin to it not turning on at all or hard locking a lot or something, not some graphics stuff/texture pop in/whatever. That stuff is just common for a lot of games and probably always will be.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Seeing as how your questions have been answered in each and every one of the previous five topics you have created on this subject, I'm closing this thread and will probably delete it soon.

Check your PM's.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.