Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Get a PS4 Pro Now or When God of War Releases?

Assumedkilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Assumedkilla

Do you think there will be $350 PS4 Pros when GOW comes out or a $400 bundle of the console with the game? I'm tempted to buy one right now off Amazon for $350 and do 6 months no interest, but I have an X1, so the only games I'd really have to play on it until GOW comes out is Uncharted, Infamous, and Until Dawn - none of which I'm dying to play.

It's the 2018 games like GOW, TLOU 2, and Spiderman I'd rather play. I'm fine getting a PS4 Pro in March (or whenever God of War comes out), I'm just not sure how great or rare the deal right now is. Any advice?

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
    hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If there's nothing on it right now that you want to play, there's no reason not to wait. God of War seems like a big enough first party title that you would see it bundled with a Pro, but who can say. $350 with no games doesn't seem like such a screaming hot deal that you would need to jump on it now.

Assumedkilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Assumedkilla

@hippie_genocide: I want to play Uncharted and the other games I named, but it's not some burning desire. I'd be fine waiting until GOW comes out if the PS4 Pro has a bundle or on sale. I think I'll wait and slightly gamble on Sony doing at least a $400 PS4 Pro with GOW. I don't follow hardware sales closely so I wasn't sure how often bundles or sales happen.

jen1220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jen1220

@assumedkilla: I was debating that $350 Amazon sale as well. Mostly because I just got a 4K TV yesterday and I only have the original PS4. With discounts I have on Amazon, it would come out to about $340, so I keep going back and forth on if it's a good deal. You just never know what discounts will look like in the future. But the Uncharted series is definitely entertaining! If you were to go Pro, I think Uncharted would be a solid pick while you wait for GOW.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

You could consider buying it on eBay. You'll probably be able to get a new one at that price for awhile, and you also won't have to pay tax on it (depending on the state you buy from/live in). That's how I bought my original ps4 and have no complaints.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By lego_my_eggo

You are probably better off waiting, just keep an eye on a deal site like cheapassgamer around the release of GoW and you will probably find a deal. And they might announce the bundle you are looking for, but a few second of searching it looks like there Pro bundles are $50 more then just a Pro, so not much of a deal there. The Pro hasn't gone on sale too often, but i have seen a few $50 price drops like this here and there.

Qrowdyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dunno if you'll see any deals until summer 2018. Late Winter/Early Spring isn't exactly the hottest months for hardware discounts.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sony's been discounting like crazy across the EU, yesterday in the UK the Pro was £260 thats a £90/$120 discount and multiple bundles have the Pro +2 games with £50/$65 off.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@lego_my_eggo: I don't know, that looks kinda cheap. Like instead of a cool collectors item it looks to be the quality of free swag they give out by the truckfulls at tradeshows. The big "God of War" on the touchpad is especially kinda jarring. Dunno maybe it's just me but they definitely could have done better. Literally a while PS4 with a strip stripe across it would have looked classier and had more to do with God of War.

Assumedkilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: Yeah, it's an okay deal, but it looks somewhat cheap. I'm not a fan of the colors and design of the GOW PS4. That silver looks cheap in the pic.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You would think they'd go with the iconic silver and red, if it didn't say god of war i wouldn't know wtf this console was supposed to be about lol.

seshdeadboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that god of war ps4 pro looks gnar gnar. Good gnar gnar, not bad gnar gnar. Get it!!1!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@assumedkilla: Remembered this thread when i saw this, might want to jump on a pre-order to make sure you get one.

Looks like the design on the console itself is supposed to be the same as the design on Kratos's axe. That's cool, I think that looks fine.

The controller, though, that's a different story. Having the name God of War stamped on the touchpad looks garish.

JonRambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: I agree. I think the white or black PS4 pros look better. I personally have a white one just bc it matches better where we have it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.