Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Giant Bomb Plus - A PS Plus Focused PS4 Community for Table Top Racing, Dead Star, Helldivers, Rocket League, etc

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Giant Bomb Plus - A PlayStation Plus Focused PS4 Community

For those who might not know, after starting a community party, you can play any single player title while you wait for others to join you for a multiplayer game. You can also search for community parties that have already been started and join them. It's a great way to find people for muliplayer games, and you don't even need to expand your friends list.

Giant Bomb Plus is a PlayStation Plus focused PS4 Community. The intention is to provide a way for Giant Bomb community members to gather together and enjoy the co-op and competitive multiplayer aspects of PS Plus titles, and free to play titles. Since PS Plus games are 'free' with a PS Plus account, this should lead to a large player base, which in turn should make finding other players much easier.

To join the community:

• Search for "SpaceInsomniac" on PS4, and you should be able to find the community that way.
    • You do not need to send me a friend request.
    • If you join the community, please make a post in this thread saying so.

How to use the community:

• Before you start playing, check to see if there is an open community party playing the game that you want.
    • If no suitable games are displayed, create your own community party, and start the game.
    • If you would like, you can also make a post on the community wall advertising your chosen activity.
    • Keep in mind that within a few minutes, all community members will receive a "there are new posts on the Giant Bomb Plus community board" type of message. If someone from the community is online and reads the post that they just learned about, they'll have the option of joining your party.
    • NEW: Lastly, remember that event scheduling is now available, and all in the community are welcome to schedule events.If you and a friend have plans to play a PS Plus game later that night, why not create an event and see if others would be interested in joining?

When naming your party:

• Be sure to include the game title in your party name, especially if you want to play a different game until others join.
    • As an example, you could name your party "US Helldivers, anyone?" and then play Fallout 4 until someone joins you.
    • Lastly, it's probably a good idea to list your area of the globe, especially when it comes to competitive multiplayer. Sadly, if someone from the UK joins a group of US players, chances are that the connection is going to be pretty bad.
    • This does NOT mean, for example, that players from the UK aren't welcome to join a US party. It only means that players who live far away from the host might experience more lag.

Other community uses:

Beyond the above, the community can have many other uses. Some examples include:

• Looking for co-op partners in older PS Plus titles
    • Posing news about DLC or other game updates
    • Sharing game advice and strategies
    • And any other cool community uses that you can come up with

Additional community tips:

• There's a good chance you already know this, but you can plug any USB keyboard into your PS4 and use it to type messages much more quickly than using a controller.
    • If you don't have a spare USB port for a keyboard, you can either use a bluetooth keyboard, or free up a port by charging your controller with a cellphone charger instead. You can also use a cellphone charger to a charge a USB headset.
    • Something less commonly known is the fact that you can double tap the PS button on the controller to instantly switch back and forth between your game and any PS menu, which of course includes the community menu.
    • You should note that "Now Playing" does not show you everyone in the community who is online. It only shows people who are both in the community and hosting or participating in an open party.
    • The "Now Playing" section also doesn't show the names of players until you select their party. This is why it's a good idea to properly name and promote your party. You can also use PSN avatars to quickly match community members in the now playing section with the posts they made on the community wall.
    • If you want to refresh the community wall, simply hit the triangle button. It's just like hitting the refresh button on your web browser, and will let you read any new posts.

Once again, if you join the community, please make a post here saying so.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Good idea, I like it. I'll be joining later tonight when I get home under the name Tuimic.

Also, to add on the keyboard, you can use a bluetooth one as well if you're out of ports (I generally am because I've the wireless headset).

sunie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I've joined as well :) Great initiative!

Frybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't play online often, but since i do occasionally have to scratch that itch, am happy to aid people in co-op stuffs, and have a thing for Leaderboards, i'll probably join later

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good idea, I like it. I'll be joining later tonight when I get home under the name Tuimic.

Also, to add on the keyboard, you can use a bluetooth one as well if you're out of ports (I generally am because I've the wireless headset).

That's a good point, thanks. Another tip is that if you're out of ports, because you need to charge your controller while you play, you can usually use a phone charger instead, saving a USB port. I think I'll add both tips to the original post.

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not one to play much co-op stuff, but I really like this idea and will join as soon as I get to my PS4, maybe I'll get more active on online stuff with this. My username on PSN is JohnyMyko.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#7  Edited By riostarwind  Moderator

This seems like a great idea. Edit: Sorry I should have labeled this better.

PSN: neverending

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure, Im in. PSN is ShadyPingu.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This seems like a nice low obligation way to handle this. Like others here I don't regularly play multi-player, or even have an active PS+ subscription that often, but when I do it would be nice to have a convenient way to possibly find some people. I'm usually too lazy to try and recruit people on a message board.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's Superbowl Sunday, and I can't think of a better way I'd like to spend it than ignoring football all day, and playing video games instead. Then again, I'm not much of a sports fan. If you feel the same way, feel free to join the community, and let's play some Helldivers. That game is working again, right?

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By awesomeusername

I joined. PSN is anti-altair16. You can make fun of my name later.

clockwork5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I joined. Xx_clockwork5_xX

Always looking for people to group up with. Multiplayer games I'm playing: Helldivers, Rocket League.

Dark Souls 3 isn't too far off either.

JosephKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Haven't joined yet but I will later! ID is Howlin_Forever. Looking forward to Helldiving with you ladies and/or gentlemen.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#15  Edited By Yummylee

Sure, I'll join. My crippling level of social anxiety means I'll be extremely hesitant to group up, however... but it'll be good to know it's at least there all the same. PSN ID is Yummylee.

Avatar image for perniciousdistortion
    perniciousdistortion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys just wanted to let you know I joined up as well this morning cant wait to enjoy some game time with you cool cats.

PSN- PerniciousCorp

Rokkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi everyone,

I've joined up too, with username Encolpius256. I'm in the UK but more than willing to suffer some lag to play some multiplayer - looking forward to Helldivers co-op action. Feel free to add me as well!

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
    deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Haven't been on my PS4 much lately (so many great PC titles) but I joined the group.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still haven't played much Helldivers yet, but hopefully I'll be able to change that this weekend. If anyone is looking for a game, feel free to join if you see me hosting a party.

Sjodarski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a great idea! I have no real-life friends who play video games, so I feel like I miss out on a lot of the best co-op games. I'll join the community tonight, and feel free to friend list me as well if you're looking for more

PSN: sjodarski88

PhilOsyfee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonderful idea, joining now.

jacobdipspit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice!! Joining now Richardsarmy2010

InitialP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just joined up. PSN: MrM8n

I've been on a black ops 3 kick lately. Hopefully see some of you duders on. Maybe somebody can walk me through how to play zombies. I have no clue what is going on

Darth_Navster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

I'm not as active on PSN as much these days, but I'm always up for some good old fashioned multiplayer. My ID is navster15 if anyone wants to add me.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@initialp said:

Just joined up. PSN: MrM8n

I've been on a black ops 3 kick lately. Hopefully see some of you duders on. Maybe somebody can walk me through how to play zombies. I have no clue what is going on

I enjoy the latest Black Ops as well, and actually there's a separate community for that game. Feel free to join. After losing myself in Fallout 4 for a while, I'm just now getting back to Black Ops myself, along with some other games. I've only played with a handful of the members there, but so far I've yet to have any bad experiences. It's been SO much better than talking with completely random people, and the same has been true for Giant Bomb Plus.

On another note, if any of the more artistic Giant Bombers cares to create an emblem and / or background for the Giant Bomb Plus community, I'd be happy to consider changing the current placeholder images.

If anyone is interested in doing so, the emblem should be square, and appears as about the size of a forum avatar. On the other hand, the background is as large as your screen, but the color is heavily muted automatically, in order to keep the text readable.

CountRockula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Great idea, I'm in. PSN: Psychohistorian

NeoZeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Already there for sure. Feel free to drop me a line anytime on there duders. PSN ID: Rezorian

Fair warning - I play a lot of Black Ops 3

DevOverkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just joined up. I usually play Destiny and Black Ops 3 for the most part as far as multiplayer games go, also play a lot of Bloodborne and various RPGs. Very much looking forward to the next beta weekend for The Division and its full launch. Hopefully a bunch of you duders will be playing that as well.

PSN Name: AMcEachern1

roylink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just joined. My PSN name should be the same as my username.

Steeltooth493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I joined, and I'm in the US. You may certainly add me.

PSN: Steeltooth493

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

I've played with a couple of you so far, but lately haven't had a lot of time to play when most people would usually be on. I hope the rest of you have found time to get together and play a bit more than I have.

I also was surprised to find that I didn't really care for Helldivers. It's very good at what it is, but the lack of a true campaign killed a lot of my interest in the game, for whatever reason. That game just didn't click with me. Having a co-op partner from the GB community definitely made the experience better, though.

And as I'm sure many of you have already heard, though, Bro Force will be the next free online multiplayer PS Plus title, starting this Tuesday. The three new Rocket League maps are pretty fun, too. Check them out, if you haven't already.

mtfikhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joined michealangelo128

thegoldencat7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By thegoldencat7

Sounds good I have those games. Absolutely love Rocket League. Probably my favourite game this generation so far. Its completely replaced cod as my game of choice on the weekends at this point.

Helldivers I want to like. Loved DeadNation which is a similar style. But the structure is kinda weird. Like, I started the game and didn't really know what to do. Friendly fire and getting a server error just as I was finally about to complete a mission didnt help. Would try it again though.

I'll join later. psn- thegoldencat

Avatar image for militantfreudian
    militantfreudian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I joined earlier today. My username is: militantfreudian.

Avatar image for washablemarkers
    washablemarkers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I joined! Washablemarkers

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just a reminder that:

1) This is still a thing

2) All are still welcome to join

3) A new half MOBA / half Geometry Wars multiplayer shooter Dead Star is now available for the service.

4) Game scheduling features are now available, and all are welcome to use them in this community. For example, if you and a friend know that you want to play some Rocket League later that night, feel free to schedule that event and perhaps others will be interested in joining you.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has anyone been having trouble getting into Dead Star games?

ILIDILA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joined. ILIDILA

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.