Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

I finally got a PS4 after years of feeling like I've been missing out, and now I kind of regret it.

jcracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By jcracken

My entire life I've used Xbox consoles--the first console I used/had any sort of ownership over was the original Xbox, I went on to buy a 360, and then got an XB1 on launch day. There was a time where I was a bit of a Xbox fanboy--I like to think I've since changed as a person, though, and I started to get wooed by games like Until Dawn and the appeal of being able to finally see what the Uncharted series was all about and why everybody was blown away by Uncharted 4. Anyways, after first discovering Giant Bomb, I voraciously went through as much GB content as I could, until I kept finding recommendations in past forum posts for the Persona 4 Endurance Run. Now, I'm really not a JRPG guy (or Anime either, tbh) but for whatever reason I decided I wanted to first play the game for myself before watching Jeff and Vinny play through the entire thing, so I went out and bought a Vita TV and a copy of Persona 4 Golden. Despite some early uneasiness, I ended up falling in love with it and beating the entire game. It convinced me to buy a PS4 to be able to play Persona 5.

Fast forward to the slim reveal, and I decided that I might as well keep an eye out for a good deal on the OG model. I then saw the Best Buy pricing error on a slim + Platinum Headset bundle (they were throwing in the $150 pair of headphones for free) and I jumped on it. After it got cancelled (for obvious reasons), the disappointment drove me to throw caution to the wind and buy an Uncharted 4 Limited Edition PS4 (they were pricing it for the same price as a slim). I was able to get a used copy of the Uncharted Collection for $10, and I played through the entire Uncharted series as a sort of a marathon (I did UC1 and UC2 in one sitting each, UC3 in three sittings, and UC4 in three more sittings a week later). I had mixed feelings for the first three games (I hated the first, liked the second, thought the third was a mess) and loved UC4, but after that I sort of left my console unused for a while. I eventually found out that it was defective (this problem, specifically), and just earlier today sent it to Sony for repair.

But over the past week or so, after weeks of lack of use, I started to use the console again after redeeming an early access code for Modern Warfare Remastered and the Infinite Warfare beta, and I've turned somewhat sour on the console. Even ignoring the hardware issue I had, I keep running into multiple problems with PSN and the OS in general--payment methods not working, not being able to download themes and other content for a few days until they fixed certain server problems (while, as far as I could tell following PSN support threads, there was little to no messaging from Sony acknowledging such an issue even existed), not being able to mute my mic without creating a Party that only includes me (!), the download speeds being utterly abysmal (it took 40 min to download 10 gigs on my PC from Steam--it took 10+ hours to download the 30-ish gigs for Modern Warfare Remastered)--that really make me wish I was just using my XB1 instead. Even the one thing I've especially seen people harp on the most for the Xbox--its OS being slow compared the PS4--didn't really seem to hold up to me as I still felt like the PS4 OS lagged a bit at times (specifically the menu that comes up when you hold down the PS button).

On top of that, there really aren't any games I'd want to play on the PS4 that I couldn't already play on my Xbox (which, in all fairness, I don't have access to unless I visit back home, two hours away from my college) or on my PC with aging hardware. At one point I couldn't decide if I wanted to get Dishonored 2 (maybe the one game this year I know for a fact I'm going to get) on PC or PS4, but now I'm more inclined to get it on PS4 only if my PC falls below minimum specs. I've started to tell myself "get as few games as possible on this platform, because after Persona 5 odds are you're selling this console." And this really bums me out, because even if it fails in many respects I still want to have that window of access to Playstation exclusives that look good (I still need to check out The Last of Us, for example).

I guess this was a bit long and aimless, but am I alone in this feeling? Should I just sell the console now and then buy it on Black Friday when it gets even cheaper, or should I tough it out?

rebellion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By rebellion91

Sell both your consoles and upgrade your PC. In all seriousness, if you aren't enjoying the platform, chances are, you won't. I switched from 360 to PS4 this generation because my friends wanted to play there. I ended up buying a White Sunset Overdrive Xbox One a few months later because I really wanted to play that game. I haven't touched my Xbox One since. Honestly, the last thing I played on my PS4 was Destiny: The Taken King. I'm keeping both because I like owning the consoles but I refuse to force myself to play them just because I own them.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bloodborne.

Kharnivore2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebellion91: I wholeheartedly agree with your comment. Pickings are slim on both PS4 and Xbox One and it doesn't seem like there will really be all that much in the future either. Exceptions such as Bloodborne, Dragon Quest Builders and Horizon Zero Dawn are the only things that seem to be worthwhile, in my opinion. Not a massive list of reasons to hold onto it, unless your friends are exclusively playing there.

Bill_P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frostyryan: was my first reaction too. PSN has improved a lot, but it's still got a long way to go. Pump your money into PC gaming and leave console gaming behind seems to be the way to go for you. I love my PS4 because I enjoy being in the lounge interacting with my TV with no hassles.

budgietheii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless you're young enough to play games all the damned time there's no point owning both an Xbox and a PlayStation, there's just too much overlap and you'll invariably end up resenting one of them.

(and these days you can probably add PC onto that not worth owning both equation)

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

PS4 has really failed to deliver exclusives, considering how shit hot the ps3 ended the generation I'm really disappointed. Xbone has certainly started to get there, this Christmas has been great for the bone.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Your feelings are warranted. This generation hasn't been amazing for games so far. Some great titles have come along but in my personal opinion none of them have had the same weight as some of the stellar series that made their debut on the PS3/360 and are still getting reheated like day old leftovers on our current consoles today.

Should you go all PC? This is a popular sentiment as of late and a slightly misguided one I think. PC gaming is awesome but there are a ton of "ifs and buts" that go along with it. Steam machines tried to eliminate the biggest hurdle of actually obtaining a game-ready machine, but that turned out to be a less than successful endeavor as people still rather go through the trouble of building from scratch. You can save money on games but the initial investment into the PC overshadows those savings and by the time you've finally caught up you'll be probably looking to upgrade something again. Multiplayer games are generally a mess. Patches aren't as regulated as they are on PC and can sometimes take months to resolve seriously hindering issues.

So on and so forth. I say don't abandon your consoles unless you really need that money back. The PS4 can sit on that shelf until another exclusive tempts you. Until then just game where you feel most comfortable.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Persona 5. If you want to sell it after that then no problem, but right now owning a PS3 or 4 is the only way you're going to play that game. You've already gotten some enjoyment out of the Uncharted series so it's not all for Persona.

Persona was one of my main reasons for getting a PS4 this time last year. It's also where I've been doing my AAA gaming because my computer is old, so I don't regret it. Buying a second console is going to have diminishing returns, but don't feel like you need to have it justify itself straight away. If you use it for Uncharted, Persona5 and something like Horizon: Zero Dawn then maybe it will be worth it then.

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By zeushbien

I know what you mean, I very rarely play my ps4 and basically never play on my xbox one. Almost every game that interest me comes out on the PC these days, even more and more Japanese games seem to find their way there. So, I'm glad I got to play Sunset Overdrive and Bloodborne, and I'm looking forward to Persona 5 and The Last Guardian. But yeah..

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the Playstation 4. The library isn't as deep as the PS3 or the past generation for that matter, but its a great machine and I have missed out on exactly 0 games that I've wanted to play.

NeverGameOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By NeverGameOver

If you have a capable PC:

- I see zero point in owning an XB1 unless you are married to the ecosystem.

- I see marginally more of a point in owning a PS4 because there are a handful of great exclusives that you can't play anywhere else (bloodborne, uncharted -- and likely horizon, persona). Emphasis on marginally.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#14  Edited By sammo21

That's kind of your fault if you owned an Xbox One and didn't see the writing on the wall there. For me the PS4. I bought an Xbox One the year after the PS4 launch in December. I started regretting the purchase about January when the Master Chief Collection was still broken (and arguably it still is). Now, I've owned my Xbox One almost 2 years and I can say with certainty that I've played for it less than 30 hours total, with most of that time being spent playing the Master Chief Collection.

If you want to mostly play Xbox exclusives and 3rd party games there's really no reason to own an Playstation 4 as well as a Xbox One...but if you own a gaming PC there is really no reason to buy an Xbox One either...so. Unfortunately I hate(d) everything about the Xbox One...from the crappy storage space, the terrible UI, the feel of the thumbsticks, the "hot banger" exclusives, the crappy sharing and streaming functionality, the snap mechanic, etc...However, if you're really into Xbox and Xbox Live its great. I will be selling my Xbox One and probably my WiiU and just using the money to put into VR or something.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By OurSin_360

Eh...psn downloads are full speed in rest mode apparently something about the controllers sharing the samw channel. Yeah you can play the non exclusives on both but in general they run and look better on ps4 (but if you have a pc then there is no comparison really). I have almost zero interest in any ms exclusives anymore (besides sunset overdrive). Persona, horizon, bloodborne, uncharted, last guardian, infamous, and god of war are more appealing to me at least. I think sonys focus on psvr has put the exclusives on the back burner atm which is unfortunate.

I may pick up a scorpio at some point if only to get a uhd bluray.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By DharmaBum

@sammo21 said:

That's kind of your fault if you owned an Xbox One and didn't see the writing on the wall there. For me the PS4. I bought an Xbox One the year after the PS4 launch in December. I started regretting the purchase about January when the Master Chief Collection was still broken (and arguably it still is). Now, I've owned my Xbox One almost 2 years and I can say with certainty that I've played for it less than 30 hours total, with most of that time being spent playing the Master Chief Collection.

If you want to mostly play Xbox exclusives and 3rd party games there's really no reason to own an Xbox...but if you own a gaming PC there is really no reason to buy an Xbox One either...so. Unfortunately I hate(d) everything about the Xbox One...from the crappy storage space, the terrible UI, the feel of the thumbsticks, the "hot banger" exclusives, the crappy sharing and streaming functionality, the snap mechanic, etc...However, if you're really into Xbox and Xbox Live its great. I will be selling my Xbox One and probably my WiiU and just using the money to put into VR or something.

Typo?

I guess I am that exact person that wants to play Xbox exclusives (with an actual multiplayer community) and the occasional 3rd party game that I’m interested in, so owning an Xbox is an obvious choice for me.

The Play Anywhere program is a nifty feature going forward, but so far we’ve had a shoddy port of Forza and an excellent version of Gears that’s trapped in an awful storefront and has no multiplayer population, while Forza 6: Apex and Halo 5: Forge are glorified demo versions of their Xbox counterparts.

I know a lot of people complain about another entry in the Halo/Gears/Forza triumvirate, but people like myself still consider those games the best in their respective genres. I was a PS3 owner from 2007-9 and nothing on that platform could compete with Halo and Gears in the shooter genre (arguably true to this day).

iowcatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't speak for the ps4 or xbox 1, but I regretted buying the ps3 when I already had a 360. I didn't have my ps3 for very long as there weren't any good games other than uncharted I couldn't buy for cheaper on the xbox and they would not have crazy tearing like the ps3 version. Pc is a big improvement over the consoles , which I wouldn't have said a few years ago before steam made everything so much easier .

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

I had both the XB1 and PS4. It was a mistake. The PS4 was never played, so I ended up selling it and just stuck to one console. Two consoles are not worth it. I much prefer the Xbox one.

Zao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4 Pro and PC. I think is the smartest route. Since all Xbox exclusives look to be coming to PC anyway. And Playstation Still has some great exclusives that will never come to PC. That way you have the best of both worlds. And you can play best versions of those games. Then its just a question if you need a Switch for portability and access to Nintendo exclusives.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#20  Edited By sammo21

@dharmabum: Yeah, it was a typo (since corrected). Since Halo 4 I've realized that Bungie was a big reason why Halo was as great as it was. Halo 4 and Halo 5 (which I couldn't even bother to finish 5) did nothing for me from a story or multiplayer perspective. The co-op on 4 was fine but they honestly just followed the blueprints already laid out for them. I am honestly ready to just sell my Xbox One and WiiU (because of the Switch) and move on. The only time my Xbone ever gets turned on is when my 10 month old presses the power button and then walks away.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By DharmaBum

@sammo21: I think 343 has done a very poor job handling the Halo franchise. The narrative they've told in 4 & 5 is utter nonsense to me. Bungie wasn't the best at storytelling, but they showed restraint in certain places and had a better understanding of combat design and mechanics. I'll also be one of the first to bring up MCC in any discussion related to 343 until they address what the hell happened.

Credit where it's due, Halo 4 multiplayer was pretty garbage in my opinion, but they corrected a lot of errors in Halo 5 in this area. I find the REQ system and some of the esports focus a little off-putting. At the same time, I appreciate that the developer/publisher is showing support for the game at a competitive level (Gears 4 seems to be getting similar treatment, finally).

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

As a crazy person I own both consoles and a PC. I don't regret any of my purchase choices and for the games I want to play I need to have all 3.

I own a PC to play MOBA's and MMO's and Blizzard Games. I don't play a lot of shooters or RPGs on these systems as I'd much rather play those games on my TV without the hassle of running AV cables and figuring out how to make it look nice for my wife.

I own an Xboxto play games with the vast majority of my friends as they continue to play the vast majority of multiplayer games on Xbox. This is my defacto system for 60% of my gaming needs and is also the system for the Xbox Exclusives I want to play. Sure my PC can handle the majority of games coming out but I prefer sitting on my couch with a controller in my hand and sure I could hook my PC up to it but I'm not going to. See above.

I own a PS4 because I want to play those Sony exclusives. Sure they've been few and far between but Uncharted 4 was worth the cost of entry and there are upcoming titles that I will be wanting to play to.

Now granted I can do all of this because I make decent money and save to purchase the things I want. I don't have a ton of disposable income but as an adult I also know the importance of saving and selling off unwanted good to fund future hobbies.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By Bones8677

You can still play Bloodborne, which is one of the best games this generation thus far. You're already gonna play Persona 5, there's also Horizon: Zero Dawn - Assuming that game is as great as it looks. The new Spiderman game looks to be exclusive, but that's a ways off. You also have whatever Naughty Dog's new game is - and I will follow that company to the ends of the Earth at this point.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm so glad I never get myself into situations like this. I either know I don't want a system beforehand or I know I want it (most of the time). I've never regretted a console purchase.

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Puchiko

Deja Vu...Saw the exact same thread on the /PS4/ reddit forum...before the mods deleted it

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Might not be what you are into but Yakuza 0 is coming soon. But I guess if you have not had a Playstation system before that you have not played any of the others. But since 0 takes place before all of them it might be a good place to start.

Avatar image for opusofthemagnum
    OpusOfTheMagnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By OpusOfTheMagnum

People who claim the PS4 is by far a better console baffle me for this reason. I don't fault people for choosing it as their preferred platform for gaming. I just don't get the insistence based on emotional residue from the pre-launch drama that the Xbox One is a lesser console.

I keep buying and trading in PS4s when a game comes out that I might want. So far Destiny is the only one I liked that much and I got an Xbox One and a PC so multi plat no longer draws me in.

I just don't find the few exclusives on the platform that engaging. I might like Uncharted 4 but thats not something I would buy and then trade in a PS4 for, I might just borrow a PS4 and buy the game.

I'm sure as a lone gaming platform the PS4 is pretty good. But in my opinion it struggles to justify itself in my entertainment setup alongside the Xbox and especially te PC.

I also remember a fair share of quirks with the hardware and software: rest mode of death, squeeky triggers, 12kb/s downloads, etc. The PS4 just never clicked with me.

To be fair on th at last part, the Xbox is only really better with the controller QC and download speeds, the software on the Xbox is atrocious. But the games are great AND plentiful.

JasonMasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My wonderful girl friend got me a Taken King PS4 and I don't play it anywhere near as much as I should. I loved the Taken King, I have circled around Bloodborne for long time, I have Until Dawn, haven't played it. I have also have several PS Plus games that I haven't played.

I (and most of my friends) are PC players so that is where I spend most of my time. I was fortunate to have my girlfriend buy my PS4 but is a bummer to neglect it.

Zippedbinders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I'm probably the crazy person here, but I'm pretty happy with having only owned a Wii U for the past 3 years. Most of the "big" 3rd party games from this cycle have been underwhelming to flat out uninteresting to me, and the Xbone and PS4's line up of exclusives are still rather paltry, even 3 years in. I'll have to get a Xbone whenever Scalebound comes out, but as someone who has a PS1, two PS2s, and two PS3s, the PS4 has not convinced me at all.

jcracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@sammo21: My Xbox is back at home, in a city two hours away, so I was hoping to use the PS4 as a way to play games given that my PC has reached a point where it's struggling to keep up and since it's a gaming laptop there's no easy way to upgrade it. Growing up on Xbox platforms gave me a lot of respect and love for Xbox franchises, which is why I don't really regret getting that console, even if the visuals aren't really that up to snuff. I could play those games on PC, but in all likelihood they'd end up performing worse on my PC for various reasons.

@puchiko: Yeah I posted there when I didn't get many comments here at first, and all I got were a few people saying "that's your problem, the PS4 is great." Didn't even notice the mods deleted it, but wouldn't be surprised. I've seen some genuinely positive stuff coming out of the Xbox One subreddit, even when the thread is constructive criticism, so I hoped the PS4 subreddit was the same. Won't make that mistake again.

@bones8677: Yeah I really can't wait foir Persona 5, and I totally forgot that Insomniac's Spiderman game is coming out, and is maybe one of the few Sony first party games I'm genuinely excited for. Weirdly enough, I never really got interested in Horizon no matter what they've shown or people say--something about the animal/robot designs is just offputting to me and the setting in general (post-apocalyptic world where humanity has gone back to hunting and gathering) didn't really appeal to me. I guess Death Stranding is something I'm marginally interested in--I enjoyed MGSV until I burned out on it about 15 hours in. Not sure if I share your enthusiasm for Naughty Dog, though--still have to play The Last of Us, but out of all of the Uncharted games I played, really only UC4 and maybe UC2 left me feeling like it was worth my time.

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
    RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4 is straight up junk. I closed out my account, deleted everything off my PS4, and packed it up. I'm either going to sell it or take it out to a gun range and put a bunch of bullets through it. If it wasn't for the fact I'm subjected to a shitty ISP known as Suddenlink, I'd get an Xbone. However, there really isn't anything next-gen about this current crop of consoles. PC gaming remains the best as long as you've got the money to continuously upgrade your hardware.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Ezekiel

@rubberbabybuggybumpers said:

PS4 is straight up junk. I closed out my account, deleted everything off my PS4, and packed it up. I'm either going to sell it or take it out to a gun range and put a bunch of bullets through it. If it wasn't for the fact I'm subjected to a shitty ISP known as Suddenlink, I'd get an Xbone. However, there really isn't anything next-gen about this current crop of consoles. PC gaming remains the best as long as you've got the money to continuously upgrade your hardware.

How often is "continuously"? I'm gonna stick with my 780 through the current generation of cards and possibly the next one, and I still get more use and better performance out of it than I could with a PS4. My card came out in early 2013, months before the PS4.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I'm glad I went with an Xbox One, the cross PC connectivity has kept me using it way more than I would have normally consoles just seem to lack big tentpole exclusives this cycle, Halo 5 and Gears were pretty much it for me so far. I have a banging computer again (Finally built a new one after 8 years) and after buying Gears of War 4 and playing it on the Xbox then using Play Anywhere and maxing it out on PC . . . My God is the rift between Console/PC wider than it ever has been, Gears 4 looks OK on Xbox, on PC I was literally blown away by how good it looks and runs, Unreal Engine 4 is clean in a way I did not expect.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#34  Edited By bybeach

I got a PS4 for Bloodborne, and regretted it. Since then, I play the occasional game such as Salt and Sanctuary and Uncharted. I kind of like it for playing the odd game, while I lean on my PC for the rest of it. I think my main gripe is being stuck with the first version of the PS4, because I am not really willing to keep stepping up, if that is going to become the case.

Edit-try again with Bloodborne someday.

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
    RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezekiel said:
    @rubberbabybuggybumpers said:

How often is "continuously"? I'm gonna stick with my 780 through the current generation of cards and possibly the next one, and I still get more use and better performance out of it than I could with a PS4. My card came out in early 2013, months before the PS4.

I upgrade my hardware every 4 or 5 years. Just plan ahead and buy the stuff so it lasts quite some time in terms of preferred requirements. I'm still using an Intel i5. It's holding up just fine. In terms of video cards, my preference is Nvidia since most devs build their game around that chip set. I've doubled up on the 970. Why? Well, because why not? :)

AwesomeOnsum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubberbabybuggybumpers: You don't even need to upgrade that often. I'm still using a Phenom II and 7950 and it runs everything I want to play on it. I thought Titanfall 2 would be a good excuse to upgrade, but that runs amazingly.

It only shows its age with games like Forza Horizon that aren't considered well optimized. I'll get an i5 build once I get a reason to.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0917a2494ce
    deactivated-5a0917a2494ce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

I bought a PS4 Pro recently (older PS4 broke, it's repaired but I wanted the new one). I'm kind of glad I got it for PS4 exclusives but if you have a good PC there is no reason to ever buy an Xbox One. Every first party game is coming out on the PC now, so why would you?

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#38 sweep  Moderator

Eh. I'll usually buy singleplayer games on my PS4 over my PC so I can play them on my sofa instead of at my desk. I've been using the PS4 + PC combo for a few years and I use them both fairly equally, though obviously that's going to depend entirely on what kind of games you enjoy. I haven't felt the need for an Xbox 1 as all the Xbox exclusives are available on PC as well.

These days I seem to use my PS4 as more of a media hub, just because the UI is super straightforward and I can easily switch between Netflix, youtube and Spotify. The DL speeds are garbage, but it's worth keeping around for the few exclusives it offers: The Last of Us, Uncharted, Bloodborne, etc

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, imo at this point the only reasons you would buy a console are: if your friends play mp games on that console and you want to play with them, if you like the exclusives (even exclusive to consoles like some sports games), or if you don't have the money to buy a decent pc.

Currently in the market for a ps4/wii u myself, but only to play p5/MLB the show/horizon(eventually), xenoblade, Tokyo mirage sessions, Mario, etc.

ev77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot of people sound like they just aren't console gamers, or just gamers in general. Buying this late into the game it really shouldn't be an issue to understand what you are getting yourself into if you take the 5 minutes to research it beforehand (which you probably should do on all purchases over $100). All of the pro's and con's are out there for all the systems (PC included), so no one to blame but yourself really.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.