Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

I just got a PS4. What games should I purchase?

• 58 results
    Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 46

Hey duders! I bought a PS4 Pro a couple of weeks ago and I've been really enjoying the system. So far the games I have been playing are....

The Order: 1886

Resogun

Bloodborne

What are some other exclusive games I should look out for? Both downloadable and disc are fine. I had a PS3, so the remasters don't really do much for me. Thanks!

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Ratchet and Clank is very good.

Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanadu: Yes! I need to add that to the list. I've never played a Ratchet and Clank game before.

Scottjay01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just exclusives?? Also what type of games do you like, any deal breakers?

Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scottjay01: Well, I like to try anything at this point. I'm not sure if Bloodborne is for me just yet, but I've only played about 7-8 hours of it so far. I'm mainly saying exclusives because I have a Xbox One already, so I've played a lot of the big multi-platform games already there.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not saying this as the biggest fan of the game (though it's a good game), I'd say Uncharted 4. It hasn't been mentioned yet, so that's the reason I mention it.

Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm: Oh yeah, I was hoping for a black Friday sale for Uncharted, but it never showed up. Uncharted 2 is one of my all time favorite games, so I don't see how they could let me down with this one.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

Gametop has a good cybermonday deal atm. You can get Ratchet and Clank and Until Dawn for $10 each. If you want free shipping, you can pick another title for $10 in the list and use SAVER promo code. LINK

Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liquiddragon: Oh wow, thank you. I'm gonna have to take a look.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Infamous second son

You could maybe try that furi game, i haven't played it personally though.

Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360: Infamous was my first PS3 game. Good call. I haven't heard of Furi before. I'll take a look.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Knack.

Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By csl316

Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir is a remake, but from the PS2 so maybe that counts?

Salt and Sanctuary, Spleunky, Abzu, and Stick it to The Man are all cool downloadable games.

Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316: Thanks! I'll add those to the list. The PS2 games are OK since I really didn't start playing games until PS3.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By NTM

Killzone: Shadow Fall, Until Dawn, (not exclusive anymore, but) Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. What kind of games are you into? To be honest, there are some good exclusive games, but most of the best games from this generation are unfortunately not exclusive to any console, like The Witcher 3. At least to me.

Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm: I mostly play shooters and action games, but I've been trying to branch out this past year. I'll take any suggestions! I'll add those games to the list.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Uncharted 4, The Last of Us (if you didn't play it on ps3), Ratchet and Clank, Bloodborne, Until Dawn, Tearaway (if you didn't play it on vita), Gravity Rush (if you didn't play it on vita).

Do you have any other platforms that you play on? Lots of other games on the ps4, but maybe you played them elsewhere.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@colonel_pockets: Alright. Do you play/have an Xbox One and/or good PC to play the current-gen games? Exclusives are always good, but what about other games that aren't exclusive? Are you just concerned with playing the good exclusive games that are on the PS4 since you already had the option to play the other non-exclusives elsewhere? I'm just curious. Also, how are you liking the games you already have? I'm most curious about what you think of Bloodborne and The Order: 1886.

Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rongalaxy: Yeah, I have a Xbox One. I've played most of the big multi-platform games on it, so I was looking for PS4 exclusives mostly. I'll add you suggestions to the list. Thanks!

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Blu3V3nom07
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm: I have a Xbox One. I've played a lot of the big multi-platform games on it already, which is why I was looking for exclusive games. Regarding The Order, I platinumed it yesterday. I actually really enjoyed it for what it is. The art is so good in that game that it was able to carry me through otherwise boring gameplay. I want a fleshed out sequel, but I doubt it will happen. The art in Bloodborne is amazing as well. I can totally see why people love it, but I'm not sure it is for me. I'm only about 7-8 hours, so I still have to give it time. It might not be for me though.

Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blu3v3nom07: Fair enough haha. I'm definitely going to pick up Uncharted 4.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked Knack, man. It wasn't a classic Crash Bandicoot type of platformer like I was led to believe. It was a fairly simple brawler instead. But the production values were really good and I enjoyed it all the way through.

Sure, Ratchet & Clank might be the better platformer choice, but Knack is NOT whack!

Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316: OK! I'll have to add it to the list then. Knack has been the butt of many jokes since the PS4 reveal.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm: I have not. Is that on PS4? I thought it was only on PC.....

Scottjay01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Scottjay01

If you like fighting games, I can now recommend Street Fighter V it's now got a bunch of free content including that crazy but fun story mode and the season pass is on discount for ps plus atm still I think? Also the fighting at its core is excellent.

Uncharted 4 like people said more of the same but I;m sure it's AAA madness at its best.

If you like JRPG's Final Fantasy XV (runs better on PS4) and the now exclusive Tales of Berseria is out in January and of course Persona 5 on April 4th.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By NTM

@colonel_pockets: It's on PC as well, yeah, but it's not on Xbox One. It's on PS4, which is what I have it on. It's a great game. Also... Knack is a bore. I don't want to 'jump on the bandwagon', but I do truly feel like it's maybe the worst current-gen game I've played. On paper, it has the look of something that has heart, similar to a Pixar film if you will, and yet it has little character, and the gameplay is repetitive and not in a fun way. If it had been any longer, I would have never finished it. I wouldn't mind seeing what they could do with a sequel though.

Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scottjay01: I've never been a JRPG guy, but I'll give these a shot at some point. It seems Uncharted 4 will be the next purchase due to the sheer amount of suggestions I've gotten for it. Street Fighter definitely seems like something I could get into if I had the time. I'll add them all to the list. Thanks!

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm: Your opinion of Knack seems to be at what most people think of it. I will definitely have to play Soma. I really enjoyed Amnesia.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By NTM

@colonel_pockets: SOMA's a bit different. There's some intense parts, but it's not as focused on horror, and the horror isn't its strong suit (it's effective, but not what people should play it for). The story and setting are. I actually just went through Amnesia for the first time. I have it on Steam alongside A Machine for Pigs, but didn't finish them on PC. I just finished Dark Descent two days ago. It was good, and pretty freaky, but not as good as SOMA. I noticed the design for enemy encounters is quite similar though, but still, the focus doesn't seem to be on the horror as much. To me, Amnesia was trying to torture the player with horror, while SOMA just has more going for it. The feeling of being in that characters shoes (and how scary or sad that may be) is more effective than the enemies you encounter.

Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm: Awesome! I'll probably pick it up if it is on sale next month. So many great games to play right now!

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A playstation plus subscription.

Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soulcake: Ha! You're actually not wrong. I'm just waiting for a holiday PS plus discount. $60 is waayyyyy too much for that service.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By soulcake

@colonel_pockets: yeah i know, plus i keep forgetting to download those free games :D

Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both the Uncharted remastered trilogy and Uncharted 4 are on PS4

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@colonel_pockets: this is my list http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/humanity/lists/ps4-exclusives-you-should-think-about-owning/357340/

I might add Ratchet to that

Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: Thanks for the list. I will probably play most of those at some point. Except for Knack..... haha

Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frostyryan: I'll probably pick up Uncharted 4 within the next month. Maybe try to get it in before the GOTY discussions. We'll have to see though.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#43  Edited By Humanity

@ntm: SOMA definitely has a ton going for it - that unique control scheme being a large part of the appeal. I really loved "pulling" and "pushing" all the levers, switches etc. There is a very uniquely tactile feeling to that game which made it a lot more engrossing than anything else. The story is also pretty fascinating. The monster encounters are honestly what held it back for me the most as they're mostly clunky and get in the way of exploring that great narrative. I understand their necessity in a way, but I also think they could have done a "Story Mode" where each big monster encounter would be automated, leaving you to enjoy the great exploration and mechanical puzzles without the frustration of repeating sections of quite frankly bad stealth and cheap monster closets.

optimalpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Project DIVA Future Tone. NA version was announced recently if you don't want to make a separate account for it.

Steins;Gate 0 is out today as well.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ATastySlurpee

@colonel_pockets:

Uncharted Collection (1-3)

Uncharted 4

The Last of Us

Ratchet & Clank

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#46  Edited By whitegreyblack

I second Until Dawn; perhaps my favorite PS4 game. Since you mention you mainly play shooters and action stuff if may not be up your alley, but if you are indeed wanting to branch out this one is a good'un.

EvilCalvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By EvilCalvin

I just got mine a few months ago and of the games I got I would say:

Last of Us: Remastered

Uncharted 4

Until Dawn

Bloodborne

The Witness (puzzle game but still interesting)

No Man's Sky (If you can get it cheap--it's not that bad)

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
    hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1 (get it on PC if you have a good one)

If you're into fightan gaems: Nitroplus Blasterz Heroines Infinite Duel, King of Fighters XIV, Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator, Mortal Kombat XL, Street Fighter V (with major reservations)

Under no circumstances should you buy No Man's Sky

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

• Abzu - Elevator pitch is underwater Journey. Super chill and nice to look at.
    • Axiom Verge - Awesome metroidvania style game. Great music, cool story, cool weapons. Really good game.
    • Galak-Z - It's basically like playing a Saturday morning cartoon. Really fun, difficult shooter set in space. It's got lots of style.
    • No Man's Sky - It's a cool, relaxing game if you like space and are able to separate yourself from the heated discussion around it. With that said, I only think it's worth it if you're paying 20 - 40 bucks for it.
    • Ratchet and Clank - Also like playing a cartoon. Fun and light hearted.
    • SOMA - Awesome story and atmosphere. Frustrating in some parts, well worth it though.
    • Until Dawn - Awesome game to play with others watching with you on the couch. This game is way better than it has any right to be. Great replay value.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.