Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

I'm Planning on buying a PS4, which games do you recommend?

SamanthaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I'm planning on buying a PS4 from my friend but i want to know if there are any good exclusives on it.

Darth_Navster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

This list is probably what you're looking for. Of that list, I'd personally recommend Uncharted 4, Ratchet & Clank, Until Dawn, and InFamous: Second Son. Hope that helps!

SamanthaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darth_navster: Thanks for the list and your recommendations, im very interested in Until Dawn because it looks like a slasher movie and i love those :)

owen99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

recommend uncharted and infamous. Infamous has a pretty good standalone expansion aswell that you could probably get really cheap.

And if you are into arcade style games, resogun if really great.

SamanthaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@owen99: Do i need to play the first infamous to understand second son?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Helldivers

Darth_Navster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@samanthak: Until Dawn is fantastic. It's basically a David Cage game except, y'know, good.

Note: I actually like Quantic Dream games, even if they're janky and half baked.

Avatar image for indeedcodybrown
    IndeedCodyBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

All of my favorite games on my PS4 aren't PS4 exclusive so I don't really know.

MGSV and Assassin's Creed Syndicate should not be shipped if you haven't played them elsewhere.

owen99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By owen99
    Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
    deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@samanthak: the only thing for Infamous you need to know: people have superpowers. :)

But really, it does its own thing with maybe a callback to the first games (but I haven't played them)

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Nux

If you like the souls games you should get Bloodborne.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bigsocrates  Online

It would be helpful to know what other platforms you have so we can know what counts as an "exclusive." For example if you have a PS3 then Journey is on that, but otherwise I would recommend Journey. If you have a PC then Abzu is on that, but otherwise I would recommend Abzu (those two games are pretty similar, but they're just examples.)

Do you have a Vita? If not then Gravity Rush Remastered is supposed to be a pretty cool time, and Gravity Rush 2 (which is not out yet) looks great.

To add a "true" exclusive, if you like 3D platformers then a lot of people gushed over the new Ratchet and Clank, and I think it's pretty cheap at this point.

If you're getting a PS4 you kind of have to get Uncharted 4 (well you don't HAVE to, but it's a great game that really shows off what the system can do.) It does sort of rely, storywise, on having played previous games in the series, but the Nathan Drake Collection should get you caught up and Uncharted 2 and 3 are pretty fantastic in their own right. I'm not sure I can fully recommend Uncharted 1. I beat it in 2010 and it was already showing its age (in gameplay more than graphics) at that point. I'm not sure it would be fun today.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imfamous second son is good but not as good as the first 2, but it's probably cheap now so worth it.

Bloodborne is probably the best exclusive so far, Until Dawn seems pretty good but i've only ever seen playthroughs of it myself.

Warframe is a good thing to download if you need something to play, it's F2P and pretty damn good if you ask me. It's kinda like destiny but a lot better IMO.

Diablo 3 is a good one to get if you don't have it on anything else.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Don't sleep on Rocket League if you haven't already checked it out.

EvilCalvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just got a PS4 (I already have an Xbox) so I was looking for more exclusives. I picked up:

Bloodborne

Last of Us Remastered

Uncharted 4

Until Dawn

I also got The Witness (no longer an exclusive), No Mans Sky, Grand Kingdom (good turned based strategy), and Deadly Tower of Monsters (campy B-movie style top-down shooter).

Still want to get Ratchet and Clank, and the Heavy Rain/Beyond Two Souls Collectors game

SamanthaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok thanks to everyone for their recommendations i appreciate it.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shadow of Mordor

Hitman

Batman Arkham Knight

MGS V

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
    citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

If you never played Last of Us get the remastered one for sure.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By NTM

Are you looking for exclusives, or at least prefer those? There are some good suggestions above. One I would add is Soma. You might like Until Dawn, though going in with certain expectations (like, wanting a slasher story) isn't really what you're going to get, as it does something more interesting with it. That said, I didn't personally have much fun with it, and I felt the twists, even as well presented as they are, were pretty predictable. The funnest I get out of it was just missing all the QTE's. It's a funner experience when it's not taken seriously. Outlast is a good one. I'm just trying to name some that aren't mentioned yet. It just depends on what you're interested in. The Last of Us is probably the got-to PlayStation exclusive.

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By IBurningStar

Bloodborne is the must own exclusive. You need to get Bloodborne. Until Dawn and Uncharted 4 are also worth picking up.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Spoonman671

I've been playing a ridiculous amount of Paragon for months now. It's not everyone (as in, it's a moba), but it's free, so there's no harm in trying it.

I'll also side with everyone who is saying Until Dawn. The more time passes, the more I think it might be my favorite game of this generation.

JohnnyBeeGoode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battlefield I. Far Cry 4/Far Cry Primal. Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor. Until Dawn. Bloodborne. Uncharted 4/Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection.

Enjoy the PS4, it's a marvel!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.