Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

It looks like we got a free DualShock 4 controller (Amazon)

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

If you ordered a launch edition PS4 (on or near June 10th) take a look at your pre-ordered on Amazon. It looks like everyone is getting 2 DualShock 4 controllers now. Check it with live chat to confirm if you wish. I just checked mine and I have two now.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By monkeyking1969

Nope. I ordered on June 11th (@ 6AM) and the order is still just a PlayStation 4: Launch Edition [Video Game].

I would ask Amazon.com what is up with your order and why the controller is there.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I ordered minutes after the e3 press conference and I don't have one. Hmm. I'm probably going to cancel that preorder, anyway.

ronin00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ronin00

Nope, I ordered on June 10th. When I click on the product from my order it takes me to the 2 dualshock 4 bundle, but when I don't see the indicator up top saying I bought this product. When I click over to the Launch Edition package with only 1 dualshock 4 controller it tells me I ordered that package up top.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jimmyfenix

I am getting 3 controllers! I got the killzone bundle with the ps eye and two dual shocks for the same price as the X1. Now it is saying i am getting a third dual shock at the same price.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Thats odd. I pre-ordered mine during the E3 press conference and I have it on mine.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Nothing for me. I ordered it as soon as it was up for pre order on the 10th.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@ronin00 said:

Nope, I ordered on June 10th. When I click on the product from my order it takes me to the 2 dualshock 4 bundle, but when I don't see the indicator up top saying I bought this product. When I click over to the Launch Edition package with only 1 dualshock 4 controller it tells me I ordered that package up top.

Same, this is probably just a glitch in their system. Why would they be giving away $50 controllers to everyone for free? Unless Sony is secretly putting two in every box now.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any idea if this is a US only thing?

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I thinks as someone said it a glitch, and those controllers will be removed in all likelihood. I would not get to 'over the moon' about the prospect of getting a free controller because it probably won't happen.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowskill11: I don't notice anywhere on your screenshot that it says "You placed this order on June 10th" like it says on mine. Click over to the "Launch Edition" option and see if it says it there.

matt_f606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of the UK Amazon bundles is Killzone, two dual shocks and the camera. The pricing works out to make the camera essentially free.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#13 riostarwind  Moderator

Its like that on mine too but it has to be a error of some kind. While getting ready for launch amazon must have messed up the link in some orders.

brutushayesosu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I see a Launch Edition and a Dual Shock 4 Launch Bundle. Two different listings. Which one you preordered will have Instant Order at the top of the page

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toowalrus: Thats just it. I clicked on my order for Playstation 4: Launch Edition that I ordered literally seconds after it was available on Amazon during E3. It sent me to the page for DS4: Launch Bundle. Upon checking the amazon chat support I was told I am confirmed to get that package. I've also seen other boards on different sites where people said the same thing happened to them. Thats why I though it was a wide spread deal for early Amazon orders.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowskill11: I don't notice anywhere on your screenshot that it says "You placed this order on June 10th" like it says on mine. Click over to the "Launch Edition" option and see if it says it there.

Okay, and? I have no intention of posting my order number, address, or contact information here.

hughesman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep it shows me the same thing when I click my order.

The thing is when i click the "Launch Edition" option on the different bundles, that's when I get the message at the top that says "You purchased this item on June 10".

So I think it might just be sending us to the wrong page when we click the order link.

Lava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

I think it is just sending us to the wrong page. I ordered the "Launch Edition" the moment I could. It'd be cool! But I don't think it's happening.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By strainedeyes

@shadowskill11 said:

@toowalrus said:

Okay, and? I have no intention of posting my order number, address, or contact information here.

Click the launch edition button, you'll get a message saying that's the one you ordered. Which is why when you are on the DS4 bundle page it gives the message to sign up for notification.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@strainedeyes: Yeah, the thing as I've been able to understand it, is that when you go to your order history and click on the order it takes you to the page for the DS4 bundle. It seems to have been some sort of glitch or whatever on Amazon's end. It shows on the regular launch edition page that you ordered that one, but the link in your order history is connected to the DS4 bundle. Because of that, I guess Amazon has been telling people they will receive the DS4 bundle. Obviously, I have no idea if they will or not.

Mine is doing it as well. Everything about my order seems normal and shows me as having the regular launch edition, but if I click on the launch edition link in my order history it takes me to the DS4 bundle page.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By strainedeyes

Yeah I just checked mine too and it's linking to the DS4 bundle, but the Launch Edition is the page with the "You Ordered This" message at the top.

I highly doubt they are sending everyone DS4 bundles, it's just a linking glitch from the order page.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#22 csl316  Online

Same thing, it sends me to DS4. But when I click on the normal launch edition it gives me the order update.

Sander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Ordered mine June 13 and it still hasn't been upgraded to Launch Edition, nevermind getting an additional DS4.

striderno9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By striderno9

Yup, that's how mine looks also, but when I click on Launch edition it says that's the one I purchased.

yevinorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Just checked mine and it was ordered June 10, but just takes me to the Launch Edition (with the message up top saying I purchased this) and not the DS4 Launch Bundle. Cool for you guys who got it, hope is not just a glitch for you!

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

I ordered mine about 5 minutes after they announced the price, my order is sending me to the regular launch edition. That's okay though, I already bought a 2nd controller...

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

Looks like it was just an error at the time. I had the same thing happen to me where I would be sent to the DS4 Bundle page a couple of days ago, but now it properly links me to the launch edition.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toowalrus said:

Nobody wants you to post that. But yeah, I think you got your hopes up over nothing, it says "sign up to become notified when this becomes available", not "You pre-ordered this item on..." like it should if you were receiving the two-controller pack. All clicking on the launch bundle tab would have done was confirm my theory.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Another E3 Launch Day Mystery solved!

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

power to you folks that got upgraded.

mines still the regular launch edition, ordered on june 10th as well.

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AthleticShark

I ordered minutes after the e3 press conference and I don't have one. Hmm. I'm probably going to cancel that preorder, anyway.

Don't. Sell it on ebay. Seriously. That is what I am doing along with two Xbox One's. The closer we get to launch the higher they will go.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By toowalrus

@toowalrus said:

Don't. Sell it on ebay. Seriously. That is what I am doing along with two Xbox One's. The closer we get to launch the higher they will go.

Nah, I don't need to be one of those assholes.

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hellbound said:

@toowalrus said:

Nah, I don't need to be one of those assholes.

You live in a society that runs on capitalism. Sorry, but $250 profit is too big to turn down. You are not forcing them to buy it.

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By AthleticShark

I am honestly curious at how often do people actually use a second controller. It has been a standard for me to always have more then one, but I never used the other one unless mine gets old.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.