Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Leaked PS4 Picture?

• 60 results
    HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@rpwll said:

Definitely like this one. I'm hoping that the next generation of consoles ditch the fad of having all these crazy curves that make them garishly stand out next to all my other home theatre equipment.

I want a console shaped like a conch shell. :(

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By uhtaree

That mock-up looks like a Western Digital product from like 4 years ago. I'm hoping whatever the thing looks like is legitimately surprising design-wise.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

It looks like a PS2 with rounded edges and I'd be okay with that if it looks anything like the fake.

The PS3 design was kind of stupid.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

@jakob187 said:

For anyone that hasn't noticed yet, the images section has a physical controller plugged in matching that design...and Jeff is the one that uploaded it.

No Caption Provided

Are you guys crazy?! The controller in that original image definitely looks shopped! What the fuck. Let's go through this.

• You can clearly tell that they took a PS3 controller and fucking paint bucketted it on the central region to resemble the prototype.
    • There's also no trace of oval "Start" and "Select" buttons, as seen in the top image, in the prototype.
    • Also notice how the analogs in that image are different than the ones seen in the photos of the leaked prototype.
    • You can also look at the two other images I uploaded of the leaked controller and notice that the controller looks indeed different than the one in this thread's top post.

It's ridiculous that this stuff needs to be pointed out. That controller image wasn't even properly cropped around the edges. Like seriously guys, what the fuck? What the fuck?!

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The hype train doesn't stop for reason or logic.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Only time will tell.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@snail said:

Are you guys crazy?! The controller in that original image definitely looks shopped! What the fuck. Let's go through this.

• You can clearly tell that they took a PS3 controller and fucking paint bucketted it on the central region to resemble the prototype.
    • There's also no trace of oval "Start" and "Select" buttons, as seen in the top image, in the prototype.
    • Also notice how the analogs in that image are different than the ones seen in the photos of the leaked prototype.
    • You can also look at the two other images I uploaded of the leaked controller and notice that the controller looks indeed different than the one in this thread's top post.

It's ridiculous that this stuff needs to be pointed out. That controller image wasn't even properly cropped around the edges. Like seriously guys, what the fuck? What the fuck?!

Chill out, mate.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#58  Edited By jakob187

@snail: I was simply pointing out that Jeff had uploaded a picture into the images himself that showed off this particular controller design. In essence, that is an employee of the site and a member of the games press adding it to the wiki, and as the rule has always seemingly been with the wiki, it doesn't get added unless it is confirmed.

I'm not specifically stating that the one Jeff uploaded is the correct image of it. I never once said that. It could easily be shopped, but the general concept and design fits all of the other prototype pictures and things we've seen floating around. I merely stated that an employee and member of the press uploaded a photo to the wiki, further helping to cement a possible confirmation of the controller's design.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Snail
    @jakob187 said:

@snail: I was simply pointing out that Jeff had uploaded a picture into the images himself that showed off this particular controller design. In essence, that is an employee of the site and a member of the games press adding it to the wiki, and as the rule has always seemingly been with the wiki, it doesn't get added unless it is confirmed.

I'm not specifically stating that the one Jeff uploaded is the correct image of it. I never once said that. It could easily be shopped, but the general concept and design fits all of the other prototype pictures and things we've seen floating around. I merely stated that an employee and member of the press uploaded a photo to the wiki, further helping to cement a possible confirmation of the controller's design.

Oh, you missed my point.

There was actually quite a bit of news coverage over those photos at the time they were leaked, and the guys even talked about it during one live show. It's nothing new, and I remember reading at least one news source stating with confidence that it was authentic.

What I'm saying is that the image in this thread's top post is clearly fake, but a bunch of people seem to be actually considering it might be real. Unless everyone is just being ever-so-subtly sarcastic, which seems unlikely.

Also I know I uploaded those images, I even pointed pointed it out to you.

That image is so clearly fake. The controller was painted over and poorly cropped, and like @mb pointed out the eject and power buttons are not aligned with the logo. I don't understand how so many people can actually be considering this might be an official design.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

That's kind of ugly so hopefully not.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.