Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

New PlayStation App photos + details

II_SpadeX_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By II_SpadeX_II

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/10/03/shuhei-yoshida-shows-off-the-new-playstation-app/

As you all know the PlayStation App which will allow you to take the PlayStation experience wherever you go, so you can send messages whether they're text or voice messages to your friends and do other things from an Android/iOS device.

There are a variety of things you can do with it. You can connect to your PlayStation profile, and send messages – even voice messages – to friends between your smartphone and PS4.

A friend on PS4 can also send out an invitation for a multiplayer game, which you can then check on the App, and you can also purchase PS4 games from PlayStation Store. Your game will immediately start downloading while you’re away.

Also, you can use the PS App for second-screen gaming on your device, like viewing in-game maps, loadouts, stats, and such, although, this feature won't be available for every game on PS4, it depends on whether the developer will implement it or not.

There are many big publishers creating their own apps for their games, like Watch_Dogs or Battlefield, and that’s great. But smaller developers can use PlayStation App to connect to PS4 and load an application, like drawing software for example, so that you don’t have to download and install a specific app on your smartphone. It’s open to all PS4 developers to use.

It's still unknown when this app will be available to download, but it's likely going to be released this November ahead of PS4's launch.

Here are the photos:

(Profile)

No Caption Provided

(Live Video)

No Caption Provided

(Home Screen)

No Caption Provided

Are you interested in this app? Will you download it once its available?

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll get it. It's just Playstation Smartglass. I can't believe they didn't have this years ago, minus the Smartglass part.

II_SpadeX_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By II_SpadeX_II

@mideonnviscera said:

I'll get it. It's just Playstation Smartglass. I can't believe they didn't have this years ago, minus the Smartglass part.

They do have an app at the moment called Official PlayStation App for iOS/Android, but it doesn't do what Xbox Smartglass does, and it lacks a lot of needed features like messaging, hopefully this app will fix everything.

striderno9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Looks good. Hopefully the app runs better than the MS app on my iPhone.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.